• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better ONLINE SYSTEM NEEDED

Smasher008

Smash Rookie
Hey people! really big fan of brawl right here BUT brawl's online system SUCKS

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees and well, after seeing new mods and improvements of SSBB, I believe that we NEED and SHOULD have a better online system.

I am suggesting that there should be a modification on the Online System!

Main Problems:
The random system on Brawl is USELESS.
Getting Friend codes takes FOREVER
Online connection is SLOW* (generally more lag over farther distances)

Solutions:
(Your Idea Here)

My Very Simplistic Solution (very hard to do solution probably not going to happen)

-compilation of friend codes which is divided into countrys/regions which is further organized into states/areas which can be simply downloaded... and run when you play SSBB

-local area gameplay has less lag and is generally faster
-more Friend codes = more chance of people playing

Probably not gonna happen cuz it would take to long to do but hey i can dream...

Wats ur solution?!

Smasher008

Smash Rookie
I would fix it myself butta right now i dont have the knowledge/capabilities of doing so XD
i do play 64 -but no else really does ne more (in my area)

I believe we can do something about the horrible online system... minor improvements ehh ill try when i get to upper level classes n skoo HOPE b^^d

Blissard

Smash Lord
I'm glad that you're at least trying to be pro-active about the situation :) Most people just ***** about it the whole time and trash the whole game just because its wi-fi feature isn't great.

Someone had a thread in general discussion before about speeding up the connection, and it apparently worked, but I unfortunately didn't read it. I use AIB Free Chat to find people in my state; the fastest connection I had was blue, cause I was brawling someone in my city, but it still has maybe 1 or 2 frames of lag, enough to throw off power shielding.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
From what I've heard.

Minimum lag (so a perfect connection) is 6 frames, which is coded into the netcode of the game or something.

So it's impossible to fix.

Top Bottom