• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better online mode for US

munsif

Smash Cadet
No this isnt a rumour or a fact. But does anyone think the reason why it is being delayed in the US is for a better online mode ?(i.e. a leader board) i think it is more likely than them adding Mewtwo and Roy.

Discuss

MSVZNF

Smash Rookie
i believe there were localization problems, doesnt take long to make many copies of one disk

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
i believe there were localization problems, doesnt take long to make many copies of one disk
They're not making one disk, they have to make at least several hundred thousand--and still produce tons of other games at the same time. There were initial shortages in Japan; Nintendo's trying to avoid that here.

spindash

Smash Ace
I highly doubt that. Nintendo isn't one to often do leaderboards. And if there were, it'd discourage the other lower gamers (not saying I'm one of those to give up), from playing online to see how low they are in the rankings against the higher ups. While they can just play whoever they want in Friends Code mode, or just have a slobberknocker of a fight in a 2:00 minute free for all in the Anyone mode.

Besides. You can play online with a Japanese gamer, the servers wouldn't be different in terms of the quality of the online mode. At this point? I'm more inclined to believe the Roy & Mewtwo story. :p

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt that. Nintendo isn't one to often do leaderboards. And if there were, it'd discourage the other lower gamers (not saying I'm one of those to give up), from playing online to see how low they are in the rankings against the higher ups. While they can just play whoever they want in Friends Code mode, or just have a slobberknocker of a fight in a 2:00 minute free for all in the Anyone mode.

Besides. You can play online with a Japanese gamer, the servers wouldn't be different in terms of the quality of the online mode. At this point? I'm more inclined to believe the Roy & Mewtwo story. :p
I'd rather would have had this game 2 weeks ago, rather than have 2 extra clones.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
The reason they delayed the game here was to manufacture more Wiis and copies of the game so it will sell very well on the first day.

J18

Smash Journeyman
i thought it had to do with configuring online play and such. and of course making more copies. but no, it doesn't really make sense to make two different versions of the same game that is going to be played online

spindash

Smash Ace
I'd rather would have had this game 2 weeks ago, rather than have 2 extra clones.
Mewtwo a clone? Are you and others STILL going on about Lucario being a clone of Mewtwo?! XD

Good lord. -_-; Roy, I can understand being similar to Marth with a few alterfications, but I'd enjoy his precense nonetheless. Casually, he was VERY popular in that crowd. And Mewtwo has absolutely NOTHING in common with Lucario (I'm assuming you're comparing him to the 4th Gen pup) except for the standard special, which isn't even the same anyways. Lucario's gains power with the more damage he takes, and flies on a straight trajectory. Mewtwo's is already fully powered and flies on a jagged flight pattern. Otherwise Lucario is FAR from a clone. And many characters have a power-up projectile.

2 weeks isn't that long of a wait. The more the merrier, I say.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Weren't leaderboards recently confirmed for the new Mario Kart? I still don't think leaderboards will be in Brawl, but I don't think it is an impossibility.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
Weren't leaderboards recently confirmed for the new Mario Kart? I still don't think leaderboards will be in Brawl, but I don't think it is an impossibility.
They'll probably incorporate a Wii channel for those that want leader boards like they're doing with Mario Kart, but that wouldn't cause delay.

Like everyone has said already, it's to make more copies for release.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Why does anyone want leader boards in the first place? I thought the reason they didn't implement them was to discourage E-***** whoring. It would be better to prove your worth at tournaments. :/

ClickOnTheLink

Smash Cadet
Sakurai said he did not want leaderboards, my guess is ( localiztion + ensuring there are enough copies at launch) X (it is very rare for games to ship simultaneously in Japan and in US) = delay

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo a clone? Are you and others STILL going on about Lucario being a clone of Mewtwo?! XD

Good lord. -_-; Roy, I can understand being similar to Marth with a few alterfications, but I'd enjoy his precense nonetheless. Casually, he was VERY popular in that crowd. And Mewtwo has absolutely NOTHING in common with Lucario (I'm assuming you're comparing him to the 4th Gen pup) except for the standard special, which isn't even the same anyways. Lucario's gains power with the more damage he takes, and flies on a straight trajectory. Mewtwo's is already fully powered and flies on a jagged flight pattern. Otherwise Lucario is FAR from a clone. And many characters have a power-up projectile.

2 weeks isn't that long of a wait. The more the merrier, I say.
Ok Mewtwo isn't a clone.

BUT, if this is true, why couldn't they release it Feb 10th, then have DLC like what japan is getting?

Top Bottom