• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better Knockback from Non-Tippers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I wonder how this is gonna play out. Now obviously, Marth's a damage-racking king but suffers from terrible knockback without the tipper. Lucina will lack the tipper so that has to be compensated with better knockback I'm assuming. Do you think that Marth's non-tipper knockback hits will increase while Tippers become more of a bonus rather than a reliance?

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Increase compared to what? If you're talking an increase from Brawl, then I doubt it. The tipper mechanic was really reduced there. I would expect it to be somewhere between Brawl and Melee. Hopefully there is some margin for error for scrubs like me though. :urg:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Increase compared to what? If you're talking an increase from Brawl, then I doubt it. The tipper mechanic was really reduced there. I would expect it to be somewhere between Brawl and Melee. Hopefully there is some margin for error for scrubs like me though. :urg:
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. I mean I know how to space really well but as we all know, Marth's knockback without the tipper is terrible while it's incredible with the tipper. Lucina won't be using a tipper but her stats are identical to Marth's as of now. So if her knockback is better because she lacks a tipper than should Marth's knockback be better? If not, I can see Lucina having a huge advantage there.

JoseStriker

Smash Rookie
Well, i rather prefer the tippers having more knockback than the normal one's having it

why the hell do we learn to space then?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I really don't see Marth's non-tippers getting a boost. It's his core mechanic. Lucina is the non-tipper version, so she gets the boost, but doesn't have Marth's ultra-powerful tippers.

The tippers come at a cost.

And, yes, this means Lucina will be a lot easier for newbies or casuals to play (which is fine with me, as she's more awesome), and will be based far less on spacing.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Marths power is focused at the tip
lucina's is balanced through out the blade.
what the means to me is that lucina's strikes won't be as powerfull as marth's tippers but more so than the non tippers.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Which means she'll be better overall. I don't care how good you are with Marth, you'll never get Tippers every hit.

That's the point I'm making. If Marth basically relies on critical hits where Lucina doesn't have to then that makes Lucina a more reliable character, which means she's a better character overall.

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
We'll see. Either one can end up being stronger, depending on the balance of the game. Ideally we would get the Fox Falco thing where they are even and everyone has their own opinion on which is better.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Depends, really. If Marth's dair, for example, is an easier to spike attack (larger tipper area), then he might stand more of a chance. It really all depends on the characters.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Which means she'll be better overall. I don't care how good you are with Marth, you'll never get Tippers every hit.

That's the point I'm making. If Marth basically relies on critical hits where Lucina doesn't have to then that makes Lucina a more reliable character, which means she's a better character overall.
Yes, this is what i think could happen.

I can see Sakurai and co. making that mistake...thinking to make marth a more "specialized in tippers" character... but in the end, Lucina will end being more practical and rack up dmg as fast if not faster than marth,,,and also having KO potential. If that happens and they commit this balance mistake..Lucina will be picked over marth, pretty much like how everyone wanted Marth instead of ROy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom