• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better Adventure Mode Stories

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
We all know that the writer of FF had a hand in writing SSE along with Sakurai. And as of far Adventure Mode looks pretty good. But now Im thinking Sakurai should have got some input from the fans. You know, he could have let us come up with our own stories and used them as inspiration.

Well, it didnt happen, but that doesnt mean we cant come up with our own Adventure Mode stories, you know just for fun. So I went ahead and made one up, at least the intro part. Here is how it goes:

Mario 's is in front of the Stadium trying to hail a taxi. A mental bubble appears over his left shoulder and its Peach. She says "Lunch is at 12 o' clock sharp. Don't be late." Mario looks at his pocketwatch. Its 11:45. He lets out a "Mama mia."

A cab draws near but pulls over short of Mario. In steps DK, but not before looking over at Mario and giving hime one of his ape-ish shrugs. Mario's anxiety grows.

Finally a cab (the one that appears in Onett stage) stops in front of Mario. Lucas is driving, "Get in," he says. Mario lets out a sigh of relief and opens the back door.

Out of no where comes a blue flash. It's Sonic and he steps in to the cab ahead of Mario. "Too slow" he says.

Mario is fuming, and his eyes glow red like right before he does his FS. "Why you...!!" he shouts

Sonic grins, "Sorry dude. Sonic's the name, and speeds my game." And with that Sonic closes the door in Mario' s face. But the door doesnt shut completely. Sonic looks down and sees a brown shoe keeping it open. Suddenly the entire door flies back off it's hinges and there is standing a glowing Mario.

"Its a me, Mario. And Im a gonna kick yo' rodent a**!!" he says and proceeds to step in to the cab. From there the camera pulls out and shows the cab shaking violently, with animated flashes popping out left and right.

The Adventure Mode theme song starts playing as the view zooms out even further showing the cab from above, then the street, stadium and surrounding buildings. Finally some clouds appear and only white can be seen, at which point the Adventure Mode title appears.

This is how it would start out. Not even the writer for FF could come up with that.

Anyone care to share their own thoughts or possible stories?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
All right, but my idea involves that there are individual stories like in other fighting games.

Pikachu: Seven years ago, when he was a Pichu, he entered the Smash tournament in order to prove himself to his father that he was grown up. However, that plan backfired miserably, and he ran away and was not seen afterwards. Eventually, he found Lucario and Lucario decided to train him after noticing potential in his abilities. After the years of training, Pichu has become a Pikachu and is willing to prove that he is grown up.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Lucas & Ness:
~Two Years Ago~
Lucas was having troubles utilizing his PK Powers, he went off on a search to find another PK user to help him.

And then he found Ness.

Ness quickly turned into Lucas' mentor, he taught more experienced PK's and trained with Lucas.

But then one day Lucas challenged Ness to a battle, the prize was to be crowned the most skilled of the PK users, Ness accepted, but was quickly defeated.

Ness was outraged, Lucas had already left, and Ness promised he would have his revenge, he promised himself that he would be better than Lucas.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
That first idea was strangely similar to the Final Fantasy guy's one..

I don't want the story to be a gimmick, either does Sakurai apparently. I'm so glad that he went in the other direction and made it epic.

Plus he told Iwata that he doesn't want it to be a gimmick either! Hurrah!

Televangelist

Smash Cadet
All this thread proves is that teenage boys are epic fail at coming up with storylines.

Nothing wrong with that - I was a teenage boy once! And I still am, at heart. But it's probably for the best that Sakurai went with the professionals.

Speaking of storylines, the best storyline I've ever seen in a video game? NiGHTS Into Dreams, the first one for the Sega Saturn. Used essentially no words, yet told everything. When you finally unlocked the 'true' ending, with Elliot and Claris meeting at the end, it was a thing of beauty. Perfect musical accompaniment, too.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
The story was more of a joke, than a serious try at starting off Adventure Mode. Im just trying to do something, anything, to pass the time before Brawl comes out.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Fox and Falco:

Corneria is attacked by ships bearing Primids, which the Cornerians have never seen the likes of before. While a fearsome battle rages in Corneria City, Dark Samus (could be replacable) goes to the Cornerian Prime Minister's quarters to kidnap him, but is confronted by Fox and Falco, while the rest of the team stays on the Great Fox. They are both hit by a Phazon attack (like in the opening of Corruption) and are semi-corrupted. Fox attempts to go after them, but Dark Samus makes off with the Prime Minister and the Phazon-corrupted Falco. The Phazon manifests and gives Fox and Falco their super-Kung Fu abilities that they have in the Smash games, but Falco is turned to assist the 'bad guys'. Fox chases the Subspace forces back through the wormhole they came through and ends up in wherever this whole thing takes place. Falco is a recurring antagonist, but gets turned later on.

Top Bottom