• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best ZSS Controller Config?

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm a ness main, who started fooling around druing some friendlies with ZSS... and wow, she felt awesome.

I was wondering what controls everyone uses. I want to keep my B-stick since I'll use Ness a lot still, but I was wondering if there was a way to work get the tap smashes for her combos. I'm torn, so I'm wondering what the other fine ZSS mains use.

Thank you in advance,

~ Caz

P.S. Who are the ZSS players I shoudl look to for examples of combos, tactics, etc.

P.P.S. If you're good at the game, you should come visit my state. Nationals Tourney - Sept 6-7

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1540

Kyriel

Smash Cadet
If you have good control, keep tap jump on. If not, it could potentially mess up your UPB aiming. If you're going to keep your Bstick on, then I'd advise to turn off tap jump so you could use her UARs easily.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I always have tap jump off, but default controls otherwise. The bounce from her Plasma Wire that you get with tap jump on gets incredibly annoying when you don't want it.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
I current have tap jump off, and I'm B-sticked. I was wondering if I was going to be able to effectively DDS > anything without the c-stick set to smash attacks.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
I use a GC controller...with tap jump off, but I actually put my specials on the Y button and use the B button for jumping...then I use c-stick for aerials and smashes (it's faster for me to hit the c-stick with B as jump instead of it being as far as the Y button is)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
^^Lolwut? That's bizzare, haha. As long as it works, though.

Default is awesome. Just learn how to til up without tapping up and you'll be fine.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
^ not that bizzare: i use GC, tap jump off, x=grab, r=jump.
but most zss players i see use default+tap off

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have tap jump off and L set to jump. Under normal circumstances I would just use default, but no matter how hard I try I can't do aerial Plasma Wires without jumping. Maybe eventually I will be, but I seem to have way too much trouble with it.

L_Lawliet

Smash Rookie
I can't get used to any control scheme other than default (for the GC controller). The only thing that I changed was the tap jump to off. It bugged me since Melee, I sometimes wanted to u-tilt and I'd jump.
And I don't think that B-sticking is that useful to ZSS. I like to have the C-stick set to smashes because like that I can often quickly pull off a d-smash by rapidly hitting the c-stick with the thumb. I can see how short hopping and Plasma Whiping in the opposite direction is sometimes useful but in my opinion the advantages of B-sticking don't surpass those of C-sticking with Zero-Suit.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
That's what I'm starting to learn. It's disappointing though, because it's almost required that I B-stick for ness. I'll just have to make two accounts then =\

also, who are the good ZSS I should look at for an example of how to play this witchy woman?

Shana

Smash Rookie
Complete default is rather nice. I learned ZSS with tap jump off, but played her with it on after realizing it limits other characters more than it limits them with it on [really doesn't at all]. I can understand why people may want to turn it off, but you can just discipline yourself to have control.

Go default or default buttons/tap jump off.

L_Lawliet

Smash Rookie
Everybody always leaves me out ;_;

Nah, I'm only abut half as good as Snakeee at best, and we're in the same region.
Then you're more than twice as good as me (I've only played Brawl for some weeks, you know, Europe).
Anyway, sorry for leaving you out but during the time I was lurking the forums before joining I could only catch some more well known names and so I still don't know some. And could you post a link to some of your matches?

Edit: scratch the last sentence, saw it in your signature.

(Sorry for the off-topic)

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
I have tap jump off, I use X as shield, more comfortable for me, and I have R set as attack for my Sheik Boost Smashing. It doesn't really get in the way of my Zamus playing so it's perfectly fine.

Top Bottom