• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best yoshi attack

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I just had the question pop into my head, what is the stronges/best attack yoshi has

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Personally I think it's his Up A or his Over A. One or the other. Though, depending on how long you can get your Dair going, you may top that damage.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Strongest is probably side-smash but 'best'....you're getting into a technical arguement =P. Egg Throw is just heaven. Psy.

TheFast

Smash Lord
damage wise its flutter kick i mean it does 45% if u can get every hit on some1, knock back wise its down b from the ground, speed its his d-smash or sexy kick, and spammability is his bair

but the greatest move of all its up-B, i mean who wouldn't want to through babies at people?

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Egg Throw - versatile projectile that's useful in many situations.

B-air - Punishes overly defensive people and sets up combos/strings. Great range, fast and nearly lagless.

N-air - Good knockback, quick and cancels out some projectiles.

Jab - High priority pokes that work as a great defensive option.

U-air - Great kill move and combo move.

U-smash - Big hitbox, fairly quick coming out and great knockback. Great finisher.

D-smash - A quick and rangy move that keeps enemies away, beats rollers and sets up edgeguards well. Not a kill move but it's a great utility move that every Yoshi player should learn to use effectively.

Pivot Grab - Good way to establish Yoshi's rather nice grab game. Also punishes overly aggressive opponents.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Alot depends on the positioning of the opponents on the field as well. If an opponent is knocked very high in the air Yoshi can just jump in the air and up A them for KO's at very damage such as 80%. I'm always looking for airborne opponents. Good way to yoink a KO from someone in a free for all.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Fair is nice when you spike but it's not as reliable as I would like. The hitbox is weird and the startup is slow. At least the lag is pretty short.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
definately his up or forward smash.
as for the most damage, i think it's his Dair, if you can get all the frames to hit.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I love the jab. Very useful for me in different situations as a combo starter or as a defensive move.

Nair is also great. Good damage, autocancels, quick, and it can get KOs as well.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yeah, my post above was about the strongest. Speaking of best, I'd go with Egg Toss, or his Bair. Egg tossing is fun to do and beneficial at the same time. As for his Bair, this is just great for setting up combos. Must add, Dive Bomb from the ground is another one of his best moves. Mainly because the knockback is unbelievable, and this is almost never expected, unless you abuse it a lot.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Strongest is F-smash. Has the greatest horizontal knockback out of all of Yoshi's moves. U-air might be the strongest in terms of vertical knockback but a fresh U-smash might beat it. I'm not completely sure.

For damage, it's d-air. For single hit damage, it's f-smash (I think...?).

D

Deleted member

Eggs, pivot grabs, and bairs are definately his 3 most reliable moves. Jabs are very good as well, and dtilt is amazing.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I forgot d-tilt. Nice quick little defensive move that can setup edgeguards. D-tilt has a weird hitbox, though. Did you ever notice that the tip of Yoshi's tail never seems to actually hit the opponent? :/

Gindler

Smash Champion
Wow, I seem to be the only yoshi main that doesn't use eggs alot. Only to rack up damage when they're recovering or a random one at a camper.

Oh and the "dep roll" might be up there on my list.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
I forgot d-tilt. Nice quick little defensive move that can setup edgeguards. D-tilt has a weird hitbox, though. Did you ever notice that the tip of Yoshi's tail never seems to actually hit the opponent? :/
I no rite? UTTER FAIL.

Oh, and Gindler. What's a "dep roll"?

Gindler

Smash Champion
Not to mention it's sexyness. The old Ftilt's got nothin' on the tail spin (hehe, 90s cartoon reference :p)

Top Bottom