• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/Worst Final Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Personal BEST 5:
1.-Mike Jones -2.-Isaac -3.-Mach Rider -4.-Lark/Nester -5.-Pokemon Trainer (rebooted character concept)

General BEST 5:
-Ridley - K.Rool - Isaac - Mewtwo - Ice Climbers

Personal WORST 5:
-Another Mario character - Another Pokemon not Sq/Iv/PT - Another K.I, character - Another F.E. character - Another version of an already represented character (Toon this, Paper that, Yarn this, Clay that, etc)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I said this on the Ridley thread, but I will state this again. I wouldn't get your hopes up about there being 5 more newcomers because
A) The Roster may not be rectangular. When unlocking all the characters in melee, it wasn't rectangular.
B) Wouldn't a leaker, aim to leak the whole roster.
C) When it comes to unlockables it makes more sense to have 3 newcomers mixed with the rest, rather than 8. And thats not including all the veterans which are returning as unlockables.
D) This isn't an argument that I've come up with myself. But it is possible that the screenshot of All-Star mode being locked was taken before the image of the leaked roster.

It might not be logical, but this is how my mind analyses things. But I do doubt we'll get anymore newcomers
A) threw the whole series none which have empty spaces (melees emptys are secretly random button.) and also a square/rectangle.

B) that picture leaker plus a user named neo zero said the roster is not complete

C) i have absolutly no idea what your talking about

D) (and a little more of B)
EVIDENCE OF MORE UNREVEALED
177994"]

Now then

Best

1 mewtwo
2 ridley or sylux or both (seperate slots)
3 king k rool
4 bandana dee
5 sceptile

Worst

1 baynetta (im serious)
2 travis touchdown (sakurai please say no to your friend.)
3 shuckle
4 snake (never liked his inclusion in brawl)
5 Anthony higgs (unless both him and ridley are playable)

PeterJude

Smash Ace
It's almost impossible to tell, but if I had to guess it would be:

1. Ridley
2. Impa
3. Mewtwo
4. Chorus Kids
5. Dixie Kong

If I had to pick it would be:

1. Ridley
2. Impa
3. Mewtwo
4. Snake
5. King K Rool

The worst I could picture being realistic if it really were 5 more:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Mach Rider
3. Chorus Kids
4. Krystal
5. Toon Zelda

Not that I mind any of those characters, it's more a case that I feel there were better candidates, even if some were simply clones (i.e. Dixie, Krystal, Toon Zelda). Dixie over K Rool would be bizarre, Krystal in with Wolf odd seems just as odd, whilst Toon Zelda just seems a weak clone variation. Mach Rider and Chorus Kids could potentially be interesting though, but again, not as much as other options. In a case of the Ice Climbers being cut, seeing Mach Rider and the Chorus Kids would just be somewhat grating.

Kinglypuff

Smash Cadet
Best :

- Dixie Kong : good potential, relevant in her franchise, most likely DK character, I hope to see her.
- Impa : one of my favorite characters in the Zelda franchise, was great in Skyward Sword, good gameplay potential.
- Chorus Men : wasn't too keen on the idea at first, but could be a really great character to play.
- Mewtwo : won't cry if he's not here, but he IS an important pokémon and could be great with revamped mechanics.
- Wolf : probably not going to be here, tbh I chose him by default, I like his personnality but I never really played him. Would be sad to lose him tho.

Worst :

- The Mii Fighters actually take 3 slots to unlock
- Ridley (just a personal opinion, I don't "feel" I would like him as a playable character)
- Bandana Dee (same as Ridley, but I don't think he's going to be playable anyway)

Last edited:

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
Best
1. King K Rool
2. Impa
3. Ridley
4. Chrous Kids
5. Mewtwo

Worst
1. Pink Gold Peach
2. Krystal
3. Rayman (It's mostly because I don't like Ubisoft, I like his games though)
4. Toon Zelda
5. Dixie as a clone (she deserves her own move set imo)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Best:
1. Wolf
2. Lucas
3. either Impa or Marshal
4. Snake
5. The last person in my sig that's under a spoiler tag. ;) I just really think she'd be awesome ok

Worst? Uhhhh...
1. Mach Rider - just doesn't appeal to me
2. Solo Ice Climber - it defeats their purpose and if that were so it'd be better that they be cut
3. Dumb Miiverse requests that really have no chance of happening
....I can't think of much else really.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm thinking it's gonna be
Mii Fighters
Ridley
Mewtwo
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong

I think the worst case is there are no more, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The amount of people with the Chorus Kids in their "worst case scenario" is too high for my liking. :(

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, what the hell I might as well throw in my two cents in this thread. I'm not going to just put in characters I want. If I did, Isaac and Ray would be on the list. Rather ones I think would make some sense, but of course you're all allowed to disagree in anyway you want.

Personal Best

1. Wolf: From what we've seen of the roster, we already know we have some semi-clones anyway. The thing is, I think Wolf is one of best semi-clone characters in the series. He feels very different from Fox. The only semi-clones I personally like more than Wolf are Luigi and the hypeness that is Dr.Mario.

2. Ridley: I do think Ridley could make for an interesting fighter. Mostly focused on air attacks and command grabs. And he's pretty well liked in America. So he'd get a lot of people excited to play the game.

3. Mewtwo: I don't really care about Mewtwo. And all of the other Pokemon characters seem infinitely more fun to use than his Melee counterpart. But I recognize how many people would be happy if he came back.

4. Ice Climbers: Supposedly these two are out due to causing issues within the 3DS version. Which would suck. After all, they have a unique playstyle. But if they do somehow manage to comeback, I think most people would be okay with it. Provided the Chain grab shenanigans were kept to a minimum.

5. Dixie Kong: Probably not as popular as King K. Rool over here. But still a popular enough character. She'd have enough unique stuff with her hair that could be used as a weapon. And a lot of people want more Donkey Kong content in Smash as it is, so she'd be a good choice. Besides, she's the 2nd best Kong, next to Diddy of course.

Other than terrible baby characters, I don't really know what I would constitute as the worst. At least, not with going too far fetched and mentioning characters that haven't even originated in Video Games.

Last edited:

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
Best:
- Impa
- Wolf
- King K. Rool
- Dixie Kong
- Ridley

Worst:
- 4th Kid Icarus rep
- 10th Mario rep
- Pichu
- Tails/Knuckles
- Krystal

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Best: :4falcon:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Mewtwo
3. King K. Rool
4. Ganon (Original)
5. Ridley

Worst: :substitute:
1. Primid
2. Pichu
3. Metal-Face
4. Daisy (NO, PLEASE NO)
5. Glass Joe

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Best:

1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley
3. Mewtwo
4. Krystal
5. Dixie Kong

Let's face it, those are the REAL characters who actually deserve to be in the game.

Worst

1. Chorus Kids
2. Dark Pit
3. Duck Hunt Dog
4. Aeother Fire Emblem character
5. Another KI character

Like, Really? I will have seen nothing but trolling and biase from Suckarai leading up to this game's release.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Best 5:
1) Professor Layton (the most likely third party addition at this point, and with the other three third-party fighters as default characters, I think Layton would be a fantastic "final unlock" character.
2) Descole (He is Professor Layton's villain in the prequel trilogy (Last Specter, Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy), and I know his chances of getting in are slim like Tails or Zero, but I already have a great move set idea for him, and he can be a really good surprise character, being another one of those "final unlock" characters. Again, its my preference, and if I saw him on the roster, I'd ecstatic. In addition, b/c Layton's games were tremendously successful in the DS era, he can be worthy of two newcomers, and it could also be a perfect last hurrah for the franchise now that the Layton is no longer the star. He'd also be a great way to promote the series' prequel trilogy).
3) Bandana Dee (the most likely Kirby newcomer, and he is starting to become an iconic character in the franchise along with MK and Dedede. He can be a unique fighter thanks to his spear)
4) Impa (She's definitely become a much more iconic character these past few games, and I see just so much potential in her).
5) Marshal from Rhythm Heaven (since the chances of Chorus Kids appearing in the roster is pretty slim at this point, I could see him getting in their place. I too am supportive for a Rhythm Heaven rep).

Worst 5:
1) King K. Rool (I would prefer Dixie Kong getting in more than him, especially since he hasn't a had a major appearance in a DK game aside from Mario Super Sluggers)
2) Ridley (Yeah, I am one of those people that don't doesn't support Ridley as a playable character, and I am personally convinced he really is the Stage Boss of Pyrosphere, so seeing him on the roster wouldn't make me happy)
3) Dark Pit (personally think he was better off as an Alt costume for Pit)
4) Dr. Mario (I'd prefer Mewtwo as the Melee rep, and he is a rather unnecessary Mario rep. Bowser Jr and Rosalina are good enough)
5) Singular Ice Climber (The ICs charm was being able to use two fighters at once, so seeing just one IC would lose a lot of value for what they are supposed to be in Smash Bros)

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Best
1. Isaac - Been a fan of Golden Sun since the beginning.
2. Chorus Kids/Marshal - Ever since the Gematsu leak talked about these guys I've been really interested.
3. :4wiifit: - No one expected her, but oh am I excited to play as her.
4. Impa - Hyrule Warriors, 'nuff said.
5. Duck Hunt Dog - Same as Wii Fit Trainer.
6. :troll: Lucina - I honestly really like her. She is so far the most interesting clone.

Worst
FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED
1. Mega Man - Over hyped character.
2. Mewtwo - Never cared for the guy
3. Roy - Another character that has too much love.
4. Waddle Dee - A guy with a spear. Nothing more.
5. Anymore Pokemon/Mario character

IronFish

Smash Ace
Eh, I'm happy with the roster so far but I'll make one anyway

Best
1: Bandana Waddle Dee. he's likely, deal with it, plus I want a spear user in smash
2: Ridley. I don't really like him, but he'd be fun to have
3: Some Platinum Games. Bayonetta, Wonder Red, whoever, Platinum needs a rep.
4: New Zelda rep. Sure why not.
5: Mike. Better retro character than Duck Hunt Dog.

Worst
1: Non-Bandana Dee Kirby newcomer
2: FLAME SHIELDS UP. A new DK rep, unless it's a Diddy-clone Dixie. It's not a big enough series to have 3 reps IMO, plus King K. Rool just isn't relevant and he doesn't interest me as a fighter.
3: Another Mario Rep
4: Another KI rep
5: Mewtwo. Eh, I don't hate him, but Pokemon has enough characters, and if it gets a 6th I want Sceptile, if only to complete the Grass/Fire/Water thing.

If there is DLC
DLC Chrom: he's deader than dead, please stop.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Best
1.Ridley:BAdass dragon and the only metroid rep i will expect
2.Mewtwo:The original and OG mewtwo
3.Impa:A great addition to the roster
4.Chorus kids:At first i didn't like them.Hell i still don't like them but i perfer them over some choices.
5.Bandanna dee:This guy finish the 4 main kirby characters come on

Worst
1.K roil:Get over him.He will never be in
2.Sceptile:We don't need a grasss starter
3.Toad:Useless
4.Tom nook:Alll we need is villager.No one else
5.Goku/Shrek/etc:NO

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I'm going to be watching and keeping tabs on this thread until I get the game, because I don't feel comfortable commenting until I've actually played as some of the characters. Until then, I guess I'll say...

Top 5 newcomers (so far):

1.) Little Mac
2.) Robin
3.) Mega Man
4.) Pac-Man
5.) Shulk/Mii Fighters/Bowser Jr.

Top 5 veterans (so far):

1.) King Dedede
2.) Sonic
3.) Kirby
4.) Pit
5.) Ike

Honorable Mention: Bowser (looks MUCH better now)

Top 5 all fighters (so far):

1.) King Dedede
2.) Little Mac
3.) Sonic
4.) Robin
5.) Kirby

I don't have a bottom five, since I don't really hate any of the character choices...

Except Dark Pit, but even then, I didn't hate it as much as I did when I first realized the leak was true.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Eh, I'm happy with the roster so far but I'll make one anyway

Best
1: Bandana Waddle Dee. he's likely, deal with it, plus I want a spear user in smash
2: Ridley. I don't really like him, but he'd be fun to have
3: Some Platinum Games. Bayonetta, Wonder Red, whoever, Platinum needs a rep.
4: New Zelda rep. Sure why not.
5: Mike. Better retro character than Duck Hunt Dog.

Worst
1: Non-Bandana Dee Kirby newcomer
2: FLAME SHIELDS UP. A new DK rep, unless it's a Diddy-clone Dixie. It's not a big enough series to have 3 reps IMO, plus King K. Rool just isn't relevant and he doesn't interest me as a fighter.
3: Another Mario Rep
4: Another KI rep
5: Mewtwo. Eh, I don't hate him, but Pokemon has enough characters, and if it gets a 6th I want Sceptile, if only to complete the Grass/Fire/Water thing.

If there is DLC
DLC Chrom: he's deader than dead, please stop.
DK is actually the 4th biggest franchise Nintendo has, only Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda are bigger. So by that logic only Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda deserve to have 3+ reps :troll:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
DK is actually the 4th biggest franchise Nintendo has, only Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda are bigger. So by that logic only Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda deserve to have 3+ reps :troll:
By that logic, we should get a new Zelda rep before a DK rep then.:troll::troll:
Oooh is there an actual chart listing Nintendo's biggest franchises like that? That'd be interesting to see.

Disco-Hen-Fever

Smash Rookie
RIGHT-O HERE I GO! Not necessarily 100% realistic but:

Best final 5:

1: Ridley - I love fighting him in metroid and I'm certain he'd make a unique fighter.

2: Wonderful 101 - Yeah, may be far-fetched. Their powers revolve around merging their allies to form weapons so you wouldn't have more than one character out at once, and it wouldn't really need be a transforming character. Also their game was awesome and needs more attention.

3: Rayman - Again, I think he'd be a cool unique character. Big fan of his games so his inclusion would make me happy.

4: Professor Layton - Same reason I'm thrilled about Shulk; I got really invested in his character through his game's story and I'd like to see a fighting game interpretation of him.

5 - Melia or Mega Xenoblade Spoiler, great characters from a fantastic game that have great potential movepools that would contrast with other characters.

Honourable mentions:
Frederick (on a horse) from Fire Emblem Awakening, Captain Rainbow, Bayonetta, Amaterasu and Waluigi

Worst

1 - Daisy: Why are people asking for her? her personality is just "hi I'm Daisy!"

2 - Sora from Kingdom Hearts: Gonna be honest, I really hate this character and his game. Keys are lame too.

3 - Pichu: A useless/weaker clone of a character from a series that has enough reps for now.

4 - Shadow the Hedgehog: He just always annoyed me.

5 - Raving Rabbid: They need to be buried and forgotten.

Dishonourable mentions:
Alternate versions of characters already in the game and any character that doesn't originate from a game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom