• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best/Worst Costumes?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
What do you think the best and/or costumes are? For best, I say America Mario, Black Market Dr. Mario, Chrom Ike and all of Jigglypuff and Roy's costumes. As for worst, all of Falco's but the black one, and most of Bowser and Dr. Mario's.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
That comes to mind would be the Link costumes. When you change colour on the tunic, like to red or blue... it changes the colour on the shield to red or blue, instead of staying the original colour like it would in Ocarina of Time.

I find that quite annoying.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I absolutely despise Mario's Waluigi color. I was so hoping for Flying Mario from Galaxy but noooooooo. **** Waluigi.
Also most of Greninja's colors look like ass.
For the best, I'd say Lucas's Duster color.

Last edited:

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
Anything that's a reference is great.
Anything that's just some random colour from nowhere is bad.
Special mention to dark (AKA edge) costumes for being terrible no matter what.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Anything that's a reference is great.
Anything that's just some random colour from nowhere is bad.
Special mention to dark (AKA edge) costumes for being terrible no matter what.
You can't tell all black everything Rosalina and Falco don't look good.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Best: Bowser's third costume (with yellow air), and R.O.B.'s third costume as well (black and yellow). Bowser looks amazing with these colors, looking even more like a bad guy, making him feel almost like a completely different character. And for R.O.B., I love how it reminds me of a bee.

Worst: pink-haired female Villager. I just hate her face :< I also dislike wireframe hoodie Little Mac who looks kinda creepy and Pit's seventh costume which doesn't look right with its purple blue and orange.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Best: Bowser's third costume (with yellow air), and R.O.B.'s third costume as well (black and yellow). Bowser looks amazing with these colors, looking even more like a bad guy, making him feel almost like a completely different character. And for R.O.B., I love how it reminds me of a bee.

Worst: pink-haired female Villager. I just hate her face :< I also dislike wireframe hoodie Little Mac who looks kinda creepy and Pit's seventh costume which doesn't look right with its purple blue and orange.
Oh, Peacock Pit? The one that looks like he just walked out of the 80s?

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
That comes to mind would be the Link costumes. When you change colour on the tunic, like to red or blue... it changes the colour on the shield to red or blue, instead of staying the original colour like it would in Ocarina of Time.

I find that quite annoying.
Got to agree with this.

Pacman and Sonic have really bad alts

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My personal favorites are Kerninja (green Greninja, AKA Greeninja), Hong Kong Phooey (DH costume that turns the dog yellow), Mew (pink-tail Mewtwo), Magic School Bus R.O.B. (yellow costume, AKA Bumblebee R.O.B.) and Ridleyzard (purple Zard, AKA Spyro). As you can see, I really like costumes that I can draw stupid connections to other things.
That said, Pac-Man's costumes are pretty bad all around (ARMBANDS!!!), and I really don't like having the Koopalings occupy all of Bowsy's alt. costume slots. I'd much rather have some actual Bowser Jr. alt color schemes to choose from.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:4link:-Loooove that Fierce Deity though! Dark Link is cool as well, and Gold Link!
:4zss:-As much as people complain about 'oversexualization' her shorts are still pretty cool, and a nice throw back to Zero Mission and Fusion...only complaint is I wish they had Black, White and Pink alts. to reference her first three suitless appearances...BUT....I just absolutely love her Black Suit, it just looks so damn sleek, and her White Suit is pretty nice as well...
:4samus:-While I would proper alts, her Dark and Light suits are pretty cool, and while I would prefer a separate character the Dark Samus suit looks neat as well...
:4greninja:-Black alt is my fav, but wish it were more true to Greninja's shiny form, the Purple alt is close, cept for the fact that it's purple...
:4robinm::4robinf:-I really like the ability to swap between genders...(gives zero ****s about :4wiifit:)
:4yoshi:-Black Yoshi!
:4roy:-That Purple and Black armour though and of course the Gold alt...wait a sec...
:4lucario:-y u no shiny?!
:4palutena:-Her purple 'Medusa' alt looks awesome...
:4lucina:-I like how her alts reference different characters from Awakening such as Tharja, Anna, Tiki, and Olivia...The Tharja alt is my fav though...
:4jigglypuff:-I miss Ninjapuff...y u no shiny?
:4zelda:-She actually looks decent in most of her colours (especially the Blue and Black alts) but her White Dress just seems so divine!
:4charizard:- Y U NO SHINY!?!!??!?!
:4bowser:-The Black and White Bowser though!
:4peach::rosalina:-Don't really care for these characters all that much but the black and yellow dresses are very nice...
:4villager:-they are all creepy as ****!!!!
:4sonic:-y u no Shadow?
:4gaw:-literally every one of them is ugly except for his default black...

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm honestly a lil' underwhelmed by Dededes alts.
I liked the Brawl variations more. Especially the green one (I don't care for the pixel Waddle Dees at all).

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
I give credit for the gender change skins like Robin, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer. Koopalings skins is awesome too. It gives the feel of different characters somehow.

Oh, and Marth's Lucina skin is cool too.

Seriously though, Lucina should have a masked version skin.

Shulk's and Zero Suit Samus' different clothes skins are also a nice addition.

I'd like to see Toon Link blue tunic skin, Rupee Armor skin on normal Link, Ocarina of Time Ganondorf skin...

Raichu skin for Pikachu?

Ken skin for Ryu.

Shadow for Sanic.

Yeah, that.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sonic and Pac-Man have the most underwhelming alts, Pac-man being the worst. Mega Man isn't afraid to change his color scheme completely.

One of my favorites is including Male and Female Robin. Being able to select their gender made me think Awakening's Avatar wouldn't be used but they went above and beyond for this, so it's great.

SnowmanEX711

Smash Cadet
Best:
:4falcon:(All of them are pretty good IMO)
:4drmario:(Black outfit)
:4link:(Fierce Deity and Skyward Sword Outfit)
:4luigi::4mario:(Fire Flower Outfits)
:4palutena:(Medusa Outfit)
:4feroy:(Red Outfit, always thought he looked better in it)

Worst:
:4dk:(Pink, I honestly don't like it)
:4greninja:(Why no Shiny, also a lot of them are pretty ugly IMO)
:4lucario:(Why no Shiny again, his are pretty boring looking).
:4villager:(Many of them have awkward designs, mainly the female ones).
:4pacman:(The worst alts IMO, there's barely any noticeable change).

Bring back:
:4mario:(Palette Swap Outfit)
:4jigglypuff:(Crown from Melee)

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Best
Black costumes in general.
Purple villager.
Green Game and Watch.
Ice Luigi.
Daisy Alt. for Peach.
Model changes (Minus Villager).
Ryu's orange Alt. (Goku).
Ness' Mr. Saturn Alt.

Worst
Pac-man's suck.
Grey Fox.
All of Village's besides default, pink, and purple.
All of the DLC characters besides Ryu.

The Jiggernaut

Smash Cadet
My Fav costumes:
Rosie and Peach's Fire costumes
Jigglypuffs Nurse Joy and Serena Hats
Yoshi's Black and Purple
King Dededee's Waddle Dee Outfit
Kirby's Black and Orange
And my all time favorite:
Ness's Start up screen and Master Belch costumes

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Worst.
All of the DLC characters besides Ryu.
Excuse me?!? You wanna disrespect my boy Lucas? Tch, if you played Mother 3 you'd love the **** out of Lucas's colors!
C'mon Nintendo! Localize it! These people need to know!

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I absolutely LOVE Lucas' Claus pallet. You'll literally never see me without unless I accidentally choose the wrong color by accident, which never happens because Claus' pallet is right next to vanilla Lucas. Others include:
Blushi (Blue Yoshi)
Mr. Green & Watch (Green G&W)
Surgeon Mario (Green Dr. Mario)
Killager (Pink Villager)
Cordelia (Lucina's red & white pallet)
Peacock Pit (7th pallet. What? I really like how vibrant it is...)

But the ones that I hate are:
All of Mewtwo's pallets bar the vanilla one (I just can't see Mewtwo looking any different than what I know him as. It's pretty uncomfortable to see him any other way to me)
Wireframe Mac bar Hooded Wireframe (Idk why, these ones never settled with me in the right way. The only reason I don't mind Hooded Wireframe is because the jacket is covering most of him.)
Cat-Vomit Zard. (Pink Charizard. Seriously, what IS that thing?! It's so ugly I just... eugh.)
All of Sonic's bar the vanilla one (See Mewtwo's explaination)
Pink & Yellow Ryu (Pink is the same for Zard's, and Ryu just looks ugly in yellow.)

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Excuse me?!? You wanna disrespect my boy Lucas? Tch, if you played Mother 3 you'd love the **** out of Lucas's colors!
C'mon Nintendo! Localize it! These people need to know!
Well I'm only an hour into the game (Playing the English translation via ROM). Cut me some slack here. I doubt I'll like them more anyway, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom