• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Wolf Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm a casual player that would like to improve on my skills, and also likes to make stages. So I was wondering, what would be the 'perfect' or best stage for Wolf. If there isn't a select, why not make one?

So I'm asking, what would be a good design for a custom stage that'd give Wolf the advantage?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf works quite good on a lot of stages. His perfomances are more skill based - usually he doen't "work" better on a different stage. I list some advantages:

Even stages (Smashville): Blaster Spam
Uneven Stages (The Boat, Pokemon Stadium): He becomes harder to CG

Small stages (Yoshis Island): He can make good use of his aerials
Big stages (Final Destination): He canmake good use of his range + blaster spam

If you want to become better, then you shouldn't worry about stages yet but about your skills

§witch

Smash Lord
Yoshi's island brawl. The sides are straight up, making it easier to recover. The slant at the edge lets you do your side b along the ground...probably more but I can't think...

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
I find battlefield to be one of the better wolf arenas. You can scar on that stage, plus you can have lagless air moves due to the height of the platforms.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
It hugely depends on the character matchup. FD is a great Wolf stage (unrestricted wolf wall, effective blaster spam), but you're not going to counterpick that against Falco or Dedede.

But I guess in general...Smashville. CGers have less room for free damage. The moving platform doesn't restrict your movement very often, and can provide a safe zone from CGs. Its also scarrable, and quite easy to recover from all directions.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
I've found Jungle japes to work well. many ledges to chose from (3 on each side) 1_2 3_____3 2_1
high celing to prevent you from stupid KO's ( like GaW) it can kill light and mid characters easily, and even works on heavies ( on the side) look into it before you hate its worked for me so far

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Wolf is not a character who has stages he counterpicks for himself. He's a character who counterpicks stages to limit the options of the opponent instead. While Falco picks Jungle Japes because he can CG>Spike into the water, Wolf picks it to stop an opponent from doing something (like limiting chain grabs). On the other hand, he can't pick this stage against Falco or Ice Climbers because their CGs end in spikes. Wolf hates stages with "lips" as they screw his recovery almost randomly. Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Luigi' Mansion these are terrible stages for Wolf in actuality -just- because of his recovery. Wolf's favortie stage in general is Battlefiels as most of his techniques are most effective on such a stage. This however can be a terrible pick against some characters still (Metaknight, DK, Snake) In this case Smashville is a better bet.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Wolf is not a character who has stages he counterpicks for himself. He's a character who counterpicks stages to limit the options of the opponent instead. While Falco picks Jungle Japes because he can CG>Spike into the water, Wolf picks it to stop an opponent from doing something (like limiting chain grabs). On the other hand, he can't pick this stage against Falco or Ice Climbers because their CGs end in spikes. Wolf hates stages with "lips" as they screw his recovery almost randomly. Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, Luigi' Mansion these are terrible stages for Wolf in actuality -just- because of his recovery. Wolf's favortie stage in general is Battlefiels as most of his techniques are most effective on such a stage. This however can be a terrible pick against some characters still (Metaknight, DK, Snake) In this case Smashville is a better bet.
he can use it fine on climbers, any level with platforms **** climbers.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There are other reasons for the IC argument. Infinte thows suck but they can't approach to well, especially on a platform, where your camping is better than theirs

Psycho K

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's Island (Brawl). It's the least gimpy stage for Wolf not to mention you can do interesting stuff with side B a lot easier here. Since there is no "underneath" on the main platform, you can do a diagonal up B against the wall too. Blaster spam does well here, and if they retreat to the platform, side B can respond to that quickly depending on how it is tilted at the time.

Patinator

Smash Champion
its defintly final d cuz you cn spam blastr n fsmash spam cuz dats al we wulfs do mirite lol

Sorry, had to unleash my inner Falco, haw-haw.

I'll have to go with Yoshi's Island, Pirate Ship, and Pictochat. YI and Pictochat have the wonky ledges for Wolf Flash tricks, and who doesn't love them, eh? Plus, Pictochat could possibly interrupt any stupid chain-grab nonsense your opponent tries to pull, and the Pirate Ship negates the infamous Falco Chain-Spike...

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Wolf can plank retardedly on Distant Planet, so, i'm gonna say this is best stage.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm curious about that too. The only thing, that really helps Wolf are the two "leaf" platforms, which can prevent CGs...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Ooh, sounds like plenty of fun. And then when they just stand there, getting sick of caring if you decide to get up, you can sideB onto the slope and laser, then sideB back when they try to approach. Good stuff :laugh:

Patinator

Smash Champion
I'm a casual player that would like to improve on my skills, and also likes to make stages. So I was wondering, what would be the 'perfect' or best stage for Wolf. If there isn't a select, why not make one?

So I'm asking, what would be a good design for a custom stage that'd give Wolf the advantage?
Now that I think about it, almost every post in this thread was not related to the bold.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyway, if anything, a good custom stage for Wolf includes the following:

Easy recovery (Such as a lot of blocks below the edge to prevent getting stuck, and no "no-edges", like ice or slants at the edges).

Low ceilings. Wolf's Up Tilt kills at pretty low percentages if the stage top is above the middle line, meaning Up Smash can be used for damage more freely

Few or no platforms. This helps in the use of his Blaster.

Slants, allowing for easy Wolf Flashes.

punked_25

Smash Cadet
Personally, I like Castle Seige. I don't know if it's necessarily an advantage and/or disadvantage for him. On the first stage/place you fight on you can Wolf Illuision across to each platform because Wolf Illusion is diagonal. Second place is meh...and the third place is small so it's kinda good for laser spamming.

I dunno if what I just said makes sense.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
First Stage of Castle Siege can screw your recovery on the right side. Stay away from it and it might work...just don't fight ROB there...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yoshi's island (brawl) and FD are good stages to play.
If you want more range then Yoshi's isnland, choose FD but if you want more support on your recovery, Yoshi's island.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Gheb_01 started a big project for Wolf's stage compatibility. Let's move the conversation over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom