• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Best Wii Lan Adapter?

Typhoon

Smash Cadet
I was looking to buy a Wii Lan Adapter but I wasn't sure which one was the best. Cost isn't a concern, I just want to have the best possible connection. I've read that Nintendo has made an official one, and while I would love to look into it, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Below are the only 3 I've managed to find, none of which are made by Nintendo. Please help point me in the right direction with this.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-LAN-Adapt...DT80/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A28Q9R1FUIJRE6

http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Nintendo-Wii-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B003PBDEO0

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Ethernet-Adapter-Nintendo-Port/dp/B003XWD1G2

R0Y

Smash Master
Best one in the old official one, you'd better believe it. Was tested to make sure it worked with the Wii even though it used off the shelf parts, and isn't made with cheap parts.

They stopped selling them when they redesigned their site I think. They are/were pricey though. I'd personally just stick to Wi-Fi, adapter has to be good or the benefits of a wired connection are mitigated anyways.

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Just order the one off of Monoprice. They're all going to work just as well as each other because the guts in the LA adapter that the Wii U is looking for will be nearly identical regardless of version. I got the Datel one myself for my original Wii and it's never had a single problem.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I bought this one and think it's of much better quality than the ones branded specifically for wii u

Also a lot of what you buy from third party stores on amazon end up being low quality Chinese products lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F41TWAO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1416721475&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX200_QL40
I decided to buy that and haven't really noticed much of a difference between being wired and not. Some matches work great while some are outright horrible to the point of being comparable to Brawl's atrocious online. I don't think it's my connection at fault here, since I have a 60 mbps internet connection that rarely goes offline for me.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's my connection at fault here, since I have a 60 mbps internet connection that rarely goes offline for me.
60 mbps means nothing. It depends on your ping. You're not downloading movies.

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
I decided to buy that and haven't really noticed much of a difference between being wired and not. Some matches work great while some are outright horrible to the point of being comparable to Brawl's atrocious online. I don't think it's my connection at fault here, since I have a 60 mbps internet connection that rarely goes offline for me.
Well in my case I live in an apartment where hundreds of wifi connections are floating around making my wifi speed suffer so the wired did help for me guess it depends, you may have very good wifi

60 mbps means nothing. It depends on your ping. You're not downloading movies.
If he's getting 60 per second its very uncommon to have bad ping, it would really depend on his opponents

You can however run into an issue where your upload speeds can be far low when your download is high, for that check your router settings, certain tweaks can fix that

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
I got the official one back when Nintendo still sold it. Not sure if you'd be able to find it any more, though.

Top Bottom