• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best ways to work on movement in friendlies and alone

LightKaizo

Smash Rookie
I've having alot of trouble with my Ganon movement, I've been told it seems very constricted and I want to cover as much ground as possible to take care of options sometimes.
What are the best things to work on your own in training mode?
What kind of things should I be experimenting with in friendlies?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Pick lvl 9cpu's and go minutes on end without getting hit. I swear you will get more fluid.

Edit. Without attacking of course.

Last edited:

LightKaizo

Smash Rookie
Pick lvl 9cpu's and go minutes on end without getting hit. I swear you will get more fluid.

Edit. Without attacking of course.
I'll definitely try that. Anything else I should practice is there any routine or ritual I must perform? :ganondorfmelee:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
That you MUST perform? No.

Wavelands, fastfalling into perfect waveland, pivots, edge cancels into attacks/wavelands, L-canceling aerials in atypical situations, perfect wavedashes, wd oos, ledge techs, shield drops, etc.

Just keep challenging yourself technically and you'll be surprised at what becomes easy that once felt nearly impossible.

Last edited:

Segnifs

Smash Cadet
Dash dancing is easier to perform on Ganon compared to his wave dash. You should practice dash dancing until you get the hang of it, then learn wave dashing.

Blending both movement tricks together adds unpredictability to your play style and it's sexy to look at it. Do training mode until you can do consistent dashes, then move on to practicing it in combat on lvl 9 Cpu's or fight against players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom