• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Best way to train?

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
I'm so hype for Apex but want to know the best way to train. I currently use for glory and level 50 amiibos. What is the best way to train?

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really an authority on sm4sh, but I can definitely say amiibos aren't great for practice. Based on what I've seen, they all have bizarre methods that human players simply don't use often, if ever. I do feel like for glory is good though since you get to play against an array of different people and different characters (good for learning about matchups.) I've also heard that if you use a wired connection you get way less lag so try that out.

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
I'm not really an authority on sm4sh, but I can definitely say amiibos aren't great for practice. Based on what I've seen, they all have bizarre methods that human players simply don't use often, if ever. I do feel like for glory is good though since you get to play against an array of different people and different characters (good for learning about matchups.) I've also heard that if you use a wired connection you get way less lag so try that out.
I ordered a LAN adapter yesterday so I will test that out. What about the issue that For Glory only allows FD?

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
Forgot about that. Unfortunately there's just nothing you can do there. Of course, it's always preferable to play people in person, specifically other competitive players if anyone's in your area

Smashladder, wifi tournaments (hosting or finding, or both), and just improving your yomi (ability to read into your opponents) and adaptability (ways to learn and beat obstacles) are great things to look into over the next week.

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
@ Earthboundy Earthboundy check out the website Smashladder.com it's a match making site where you can play ranked matches on a system that tracks you and about 1,000 other opponents. It's the best way I've found to train sm4sh, because it's constant access to a lot of opponents who are consistently really good, way way way better than for glory. And they have stage selection and counterpicking. It is a 3 stock format, which isn't apex format, but most of the stages are apex.

Top Bottom