• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to short hop double laser?

mikeysk8

Smash Rookie
I know mango uses the stick for shdl, but I always end up full hopping. Would it be better to use X or Y or just nail it with stick?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I know mango uses the stick for shdl, but I always end up full hopping. Would it be better to use X or Y or just nail it with stick?
I use X, but you can use Y if you put your thumb between and click B twice.

It depends upon what is physical easier to accomplish for you.

X -> B or Y -> B are very simple actions to carry out and only require you to be incredibly fast to go from two buttons with a single digit. You could use an index finger and thumb to utilize this method.

The stick and button combination is another way to split up the inputs across two digits and never worry about the begin fast enough part. Its simply do you have the dexterity to move the control stick up slightly and fast enough to SH and not full hop.

All are the best methods for different reasons and you simply have to choose one to practice with that nets you the most success.

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
i put the right side of my thumb on y and roll from y to b then immediately tap b again to do them. The only hard part is not holding down y so long you full hop which gets pretty easy after you practice for abit.

Sheepomg

Smash Rookie

I think the ideal is claw. I haven't seen anything that suggests it's other than the best possible grip. Don't get scared of transitioning. I did it. Doesn't take long if you practice. 3 weeks. If you dont't practice, then you're not going to SHDL with consistency ever so there's no point in even talking about it.

Top Bottom