• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to prevent ledge grabs and keep opponent offstage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InternetSandman

Smash Rookie
NNID
InternetSandman
I've been playing Cloud since the weekend of Genesis 3, and I've made more progress with him than I have any of my other characters. I've noticed though that when it comes to edgeguarding, I'm incredibly hesitant to go offstage, even with limit as I would rather not waste it, in case I get gimped or punished for attempting an edgeguard. I much prefer to stay in neutral and charge limit, then read their getup and either punish, or get back to neutral and try to win stage control again, which brings me to something I want to figure out as Cloud

During my opponents recovery, what are some good tools that cloud has to catch my opponent (specifically during the two frame ledge grab vulnerability) to keep them offstage? Dash attack and LB Blade Beam seem to be top choices, along with runoff reverse LB cross-slash. I haven't seen d-tilt work to any degree, but I'm wondering if there are any better options or techniques that I should look into and possibly practice?

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Nair is definitely a good way to keep the opponent of stage.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Nair is in my opinion the best, safest one. Well placed Bairs are good too, but a bit trickier to do consistently.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Nair (like Jink mentioned) since it's fast and has range, and Fair can work, too.

If I'm feeling risky enough to go offstage for an edgeguard, I'll usually use Dair can try to catch opponents recovering high. But typically I'll just stay onstage and charge Limit like you said~ >w>

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Nair (like Jink mentioned) since it's fast and has range, and Fair can work, too.

If I'm feeling risky enough to go offstage for an edgeguard, I'll usually use Dair can try to catch opponents recovering high. But typically I'll just stay onstage and charge Limit like you said~ >w>
Hai pan :157:

No0dle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2079-8980-3177
A mixup of n-airs, some b-airs, and everyone once in a while a spike fair is good because it catches them off guard if you use it sparingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom