• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Way to Play Melee?

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
So what would be the best way to display melee on my laptop from a gamecube? I have dolphin, but I want to actually use the gc I have. What would be my best option (if possible)?

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
A usb to component cable converter may exist and probably does, from there it would be as simple as plugging the gamecube into a power source and the computer.

Bear in mind that this would be no substitute for an actual TV and I can't guarantee you'll see no button lag or technical issues.

Found this, you might wanna chack it out
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Triple-Co...ds=female+component+to+usb&pebp=1416326528340

Lime_O

All Aboard the Hype Train
NNID
Lime
Thanks for your help. I found a component to usb thing online, so they are around. I'll try it out, its only like ten dollars.
Also, this only for some casual play with friends. We don't have a tv to use, so its either this or a projector.
On that note, how well do projectors hold up compared to crt's? Is there any delay?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
L
Thanks for your help. I found a component to usb thing online, so they are around. I'll try it out, its only like ten dollars.
Also, this only for some casual play with friends. We don't have a tv to use, so its either this or a projector.
On that note, how well do projectors hold up compared to crt's? Is there any delay?
Lag on projectors will vary. I've played on a projector at school with virtually no lag, but I've also played at a home theater with about a tenth of a second of lag.

Marth Regalia

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4871-4228-5850
If you're playing on a projector, lag varies. If you're playing competitively, no lag is vital. However, if you're just going to play with some friends, I doubt a tenth of a second will matter too much.

Top Bottom