• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best way to KO?

demde

Smash Rookie
I can get people up to high percentages with meta knight but have trouble getting the KO. whats the best way?

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Nair, Uspecial, Dsmash, Fsmash, glide attack, and in some cases, Usmash.

Beyond that, keeping people from utilizing any recovery moves via Fair, Bair, Dair, and Nair.

My two favorites are Uspecial as it can lead to glide killing if you knock them into the air/miss and Dsmash, being one of the fastest multi-direction smash.

D

Deleted member

at high percents if you rarely use it/or dont use it, then sneak in a b-air.it has great knockback and kills at higher percents.

other than that just go with what everyone else said,up-b,d-air,n-air,d-smash,etc.

EDIT:also,check out my combo vid preview for a btetter idea =D

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
I can get people up to high percentages with meta knight but have trouble getting the KO. whats the best way?
Meta knight suffers from marth syndrome (from melee) where he can't combo characters who have high percents into killing moves, well, maybe an up-b, but most of the time you can't really do it since you'll be forced to fly over the edge and kill yourself Speaking (combowise). I guess you could bait them to the middle and up-b, but in my numerous battles against my brother's marth, he would just up-b me first.

Anyway, the point of my post is...
I find that the most effective way to kill with Meta is to use a melee mentallity and try to gimp asap. I've had alot of success just camping the edge into backthrow into jigglypuff style combo.

Keep in mind that meta's most effective (gimping) killing move is his down air, and can almost rival (at times curtesy of poor DI) sheik's melee Fair. Someone with good DI will just make you look like a combo freak. If you do choose to take my advice and try gimping, just remember that your only goal in your "combos" will be to connect your down air as many times as possible. It doesn't have much lift on your enemies (like all of meta's other moves) and once you get the first off, you can fast fall foxtrot combo that shiz (DIFFICULT!!!). Of course, if you're not on the stage when you hit with the down air... Wall of Pain that Dair!!! (CAKE DOG!!!)

Disclaimer...
I'm not a pro, I'm not even saying that I'm good, this is just what works for me and I just thought that I'd share since the game is still new and not much is known about it yet. Also I refer to melee "only" because it is the only game similar to brawl that "I've" seen at a tournament level. The melee mentallity I speak of is one of most tournament fighting games, which is kill your opponent as quickly safely and efficiently as possible, that is why I choose a campy gimpy style. My meta life does suck when I'm behind on stock and I'm the one chasing down which is why I choose to go straight to the gay stuff from the beggining of the round (not very effective against projectile characters, but I ain't never too scared to RTSD).

One last thing... A small brawl fact that made a big difference in my playstyle!!!

The more you use a move, the less it kills, because of the properties of the Dair, the more you use it, the less of a killing move it becomes. So why do I over use it you say? Here's my theory and I've proven it with my brother, the knockback gets nerfed, but not the stun from the hit. Soooooooo, once you've used it enough, the dair is the gayest combo tool in the game. I've three stocked my brother with this not so infinate combo... By the time you take the first life from your opponent, assuming you havn't died yet, your Dair should be nerfed enough to Fair spam until hit comfirm, dash, dair, dash, fair, dash, fair, dash, dair, ect... until off the edge, than just dair them till you run out of jumps or you kill them. Because of the lag on the dair, I usually can't recover with an up-B, but after a couple frustrating suicide combos, I kinda have a natural instinct for the height I shouldn't drop below to still be able to recover with a neutral b.

This post was not posted by El Komosutro, he hates Brawl and pretty much quit smash, I'm his brother.

I hope I helped...
Laterz!!!

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
While I don't agree with Komosutro's campy style, his point on gimping is perfect. Against a lot of characters, this is Meta's best kill strategy. Against some characters, you can easily get gimp kills as low as 30-40%.

Orpheus

Smash Cadet
I'm still use to the style of my main character in SSBM of Young Link where I could forward slash them out of the stage.
But using Meta-knight, I tend to get them in the air when they're high enough damage and K-O them.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
just restating what eveyone's said, dsmash and up-b are great finishers and I use them a lot, but also use fair and bair to keep your opponent off the edge and from using their recoveries. Of course fsmash is powerful enough but I dont use it much since its very slow

Top Bottom