• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to edgeguard a marth

magicmanfk

Smash Rookie
NNID
froseu
What is the best way to edgeguard against a Marth? I have found that the lightshield --> edgehog trick works pretty well for someone who consistently sweetspots, and sometimes the downtilt works as well (hopefully you cc the sword from the up b and still have time to swipe him, but it requires some good spacing). Any tips for the best way to do this? It's the darned sword that keeps on hitting you when you try to ftilt that is so bothersome.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i've got a few little overly trixy ways to do it for fun haha

down air actually does really well vs marth if you cant get on the ledge yourself because of that little knockback spurt plus his up b likely wont hit you that way

also you can dtilt, but aim so the 2nd hit hits him if he sweetspots, its hard to time, but the first hit will get em if he misses the sweetspot and for some reason they think they are much safer than they are after the first swing also, but it should hit if you time it right and they sweetspot, also his up b cant hit you if you do that as well

get up attack into back air semi spike works of course

if they are recovering high he has lots of options, he can just swing as you approach, in which case you just fake back then punish him, he can stall with over b and at high enough % an up air will get him, same with if he double jumps

but he can also just cram a dair in your face or whatever else, i dunno

marth can be trixy, but its not to hard

Top Bottom