• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to do Tool Assisted experiments in Melee?

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
I'm just wondering what the best way to do frame perfect TA experiments in Melee is. Of course it'd be great if I could do it all with just my hands and a gc controller, but most of the things I want to test aren't for my main or any other character I might use in serious play, so I kind of don't want to go through the work of practicing until I can consistently nail 1 frame inputs for characters I'd never use.

I mostly just want to mess around with some of this stuff out of curiosity. I want to test things like how good Mario's offstage game is when you can walljump out of up special consistently (so much harder than in project m!) and see if it's actually possible for him to go under FD and recover on the other side. I want to mess around with Link's bombs and that sliding glitch that can happen to them when shot with an arrow. I want to mess around with Samus in general. But I don't plan on playing as these characters, I just think it'd be fun to see what can be done with them and that'd be way easier if I can just use tools.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
You can go frame by frame in debug mode which you can access through the 20xx hack pack, or you could use Dolphin's frame advance and TAS'ing tools for inputs. Personally I prefer the former if I'm just experimenting

Top Bottom