• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Voice (Link Edition)

Which game had better voice clips

• 64/Melee

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Brawl

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
I'm going to be doing this for the Smash veterans. This should be fun. Which game had the better voice acting and why?
I like Melee Link since he doesn't sound as annoying as Brawl Link.

NaijaboyIrin

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if you're aware, but Amazerommu(?) is already in the process of porting Melee SFX and voices to P:M. Check it out in the Customized Content section.
He has quite a few characters finished.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I like the melee/64 version. I liked the voice and game of ocarina of time a whole lot better than twilight princess. He just seemed cooler and more nostalgic or classic with the Ocarina of Time voice

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
In Melee they pulled the SFX straight from the respective games where they could. It made them feel way more nostalgic. In Brawl most if not all of the voice acting was redone. Sure it was unique, but far less nostalgic.

Last edited:

Tw1nx

Smash Rookie
Nobuyuki Hiyama is known for that through all of his VA roles, Viral from TTGL, Shiro from Gundam 08th MS Team, etc. He's quite proficient at playing the young heroes...or villains.

dufuss

Smash Rookie
I've never really thought of the newer (all games after Majora's Mask) Zelda games as particularly good. The puzzles aren't nearly as difficult as the older ones. For this reason, I find myself liking the Melee link sounds much more. The Brawl version reminds me more of the newer games and makes me lose respect for it lol.

Top Bottom