• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Venue?

Can you attend?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most Likely.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jhxlr8r

Smash Rookie
I've been thinking about hosting a Melee tournament sometime within the next two months here around Greeneville Tennessee, the only problem is I don't know what sort of venue to choose.
Any advice or recommendations?
Also, if you see this thread and think you may be able to attend this tournament in April or May please let me know so I can get a collective number.

Jhxlr8r

Smash Rookie
It's more asking for advice than giving a location I suppose. But I don't know.
It depends on interpretation I suppose.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Although the poll might want to be on a local level (I'm in NC and don't feel like driving to a neighboring state for a tournament). Anyways, I would recommend going to a place with enough power outlets to support the number of setups you'll have (keep in mind the setup to power outlet ratio doesn't have to be 1:1 if you have power strips).

Massive

Smash Champion
If it's a smaller tourney, dorm/university space, church fellowship halls, and community centers all work well.
Gymnasiums also work great if it's small to-mid-sized tourney, although they can be lacking in amenities.

The order of importance of amenities is something like this:
  1. Outlets
  2. Enough room for setups
  3. Tables and Chairs
  4. Bathrooms
  5. Internet Access
  6. Nearby food/gas/other stuff

Top Bottom