• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best update week ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clace

Smash Journeyman
What an amazing week. Ike was enough to wow us but...Wow.

Anyways, I go on Nsider sometimes to laugh when someone makes a stupid post, found out that they had quite a few clues that characters were in.

Here are a list of characters that are kinda confirmed thanks to evidence.

Playable:
Peach (She was in the movie coming down in her umbrella.)

Megaman (This is a long shot, but one of the enemies in Megaman looks remarkably similar to an enemy that fox was running away from in one of the screenshots. I'll post images in a sec.)

Ridley (His face is rather clearly formed in the clouds, and it's not a 'trick of the mind' like all of you bigheaded people who think your so much better than everyone else because you accept defeat from your brain...Ahem...But that could just be for dramatic effect. Along with...)

Master Hand (See Ridley)

Ganondorf (Recently semi-confirmed in an interview with Reggie.)

Sheik (See ganondorf)

Ness (Ok this is a long shot and a stupid one, but apparently in the new video if you stop the video at 22 seconds (youtube) then the earthbound symbol is exposed on Metaknights ship. I don't like this one because I don't know why his symbol would be there.)

Not playable but still see-able in brawl:

Paultena (She is in a pic where only her left arm is visible, and part of her green hair. It's not Zelda because the girl in the pic has a gauntlet that goes down to her palm and slightly green hair. Could be playable or just in the storyline.)

Oh and everyone from Smash 64 is in, Sakurai said so, Capt Falcon, Luigi, Jiggs, all of em.

All of those character discoveries are from Nsider, but some of them are quite convincing, like Paultena.

And if this has already been posted or something, sorry.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
You're right, it has been a good week, but i think those "confirmations" are jumping to too many conclusions. I personally think that we should not assume a character is playable until we get an update saying so, even with Peach, because you never know.

iMichael

Smash Lord
You're right, it has been a good week, but i think those "confirmations" are jumping to too many conclusions. I personally think that we should not assume a character is playable until we get an update saying so, even with Peach, because you never know.
Nah dude shes playable...Sakurai wouldnt do us like this....and why would Peach not be playable?

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
There's no reason why she wouldn't be, she even uses her up B in the video. All i'm saying is that we shouldn't assume until there is absolute confirmation. If Peach wasn't in i'd be really surprised, but i bet you'll have people saying that Palutena is a playable character because you can see a tiny bit of her in one of the screens.

Plus, most of the "confirmations" in the first post are based on no evidence whatsoever.

Mike2000

Smash Cadet
I agree, this was THE best update week ever. Think of it though, it's only AUGUST. Brawl doesn't come out until December 3rd! So who knows what Sakurai might have in store for us in the future!

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
True that we cannot assume that characters such as Ridley and Paultena are playable characters from pictures we see - they could just be a trophie for example. But I think it's safe to say characters such as Peach and Ganondorf wil be playable... simply because
1) following the short-run of SSB games characters from previous games are carried over to sequels as 'mofoing vets '
2) sakurai would have no reason to delete previous playable characters from an evolving game (e.g building up more playable characters as the series continues) because all it would do is peeve people off.

...having said that - anyone know of any characters being dropped such as ice-climbers rumor?

p.s it's been a bleddy swet week for updates!!

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
I agree, this was THE best update week ever. Think of it though, it's only AUGUST. Brawl doesn't come out until December 3rd! So who knows what Sakurai might have in store for us in the future!
I agree with you it is the best update week so far we had a new character DK final smash the Adventure Mode and a Stage update and some other things which are sick.

Lovely way to start August

NukeA6

Smash Master
Best update week, without a doubt. Today's update was a real eye-opener! A true Adventure mode!!! Smash doesn't get any better than that!!

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
I love the new Adventure mode it also has cut-scenes in it to. It feels like it has a story line to it.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Well, it appears Peach is semi-confirmed now. I say semi-confirmed because as smash_fan said, you never know. Back in Melee, we saw Goroh, Ridley, and Wolf in the opening to Melee, but were they playable? Alas, no. So while Peach is seen in the movie, we can't be too sure. Although I'm almost positive now that she might be confirmed on Monday. Guess I'll have to wait for Falcon...

I can't say anything about clace's evidence for Megaman, since I've never played any of his games (up until I got a PS2 at Christmas 04, I've never played any games outside Nintendo. I'm such a loyalist.:p)
Actually it's because I didn't even OWN any video games until I was 8. I got a GB Color and my first game was Poke'mon Red^^.

I'm not a follower of your cloud theory; so I doubt Ridley and Master are in the clouds. I think they're just the condensation of purple-red water. The thing I found most believable was the idea of seeing "Bowser" in the clouds.

I don't trust the statements on Ganondorf and Sheik; could you post a link as to where you got this info? Same thing for the "Sakurai says everyone from 64 will be back". It's believable, but I want some proof.

Oh, and in the movie... is it just me, or did Zelda rush in faster to help Mario than Peach:chuckle:? ... It seems that Zelda is faster this time, and that her Farore's Wind (B+up) will be returning (she used it to teleport to the field). Same for Peach and her B-up, although she remains to be confirmed as playable.

Oh yes, and I guess that freaky Master Puppet/Modea guy has a bunch of siblings and they're the new wire frames.

Whoa, the last time I posted something this decent was when Goroh still had a chance to be in Brawl as a playable character.

soaz

Smash Ace
Are you saying that the new guys are confirmed to be the new wire frames?

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
about Zelda's up B. I really think that was her actual Up-B move in Brawl (if it even stays as up-B) because didn't everyone else think it look a bit shoddy movie work when she teleported? exactually like it was her actual move in the game. Good eye opener about the goroh and ridley in SSBM i forgot about that :ohwell:

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
This week was pretty darn sweet, especially the last three updates. It's about time we got something a little more in-depth.

I don't think next week will be this awesome, but hey, I've been wrong before.

Not sure I believe in the cloud thing either. I haven't got the video to work yet, however. I think our campus server's clogged. The Internet is slow here, especially for being wireless.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
Well, it appears Peach is semi-confirmed now. I say semi-confirmed because as smash_fan said, you never know. Back in Melee, we saw Goroh, Ridley, and Wolf in the opening to Melee, but were they playable? Alas, no. So while Peach is seen in the movie, we can't be too sure. Although I'm almost positive now that she might be confirmed on Monday. Guess I'll have to wait for Falcon...
the intro in SSBM was in CG(Computer Generated graphics) in SSBB it using real time graphics(in game graphics) and i dont tink they would made the model of peach that deatiled if she was not a character

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
the intro in SSBM was in CG(Computer Generated graphics) in SSBB it using real time graphics(in game graphics) and i dont tink they would made the model of peach that deatiled if she was not a character
I argee. It seems like Peach is ready to battle with the team, anyways.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
Pics of megaman and ness would be cool.

I dont care if ness is in the game or not, i just wanna see his symbol on the ship.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
In one of the videos at the end where fox is revealed with his ship, you can see some fighting on it.

One of the 4 characters looks suspiciously like Marth in his white/red cape.

clace

Smash Journeyman
ill post all the proof pics in a sec, also to the guy who said that i shouldn't say paultena is confirmed just because we saw a bit of her, i put her in the 'maybe playable' section

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, Subpar.

And I absolutely think Peach, nothing else really to say about that besides see was about to fight alongside three confirmed characters. All in all though, this was an awesome week at the Dojo.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Ok, here's the proof.

Peach: No proof needed, we all saw her.

Megaman:

Ok, think about this, look at the cloud on the sprites back, when it has it's cloud on it looks kinda peaceful, when it comes off it seems a bit more angry. What if fox just attacked that enemy and took it's cloud off, it became red and big and started chasing him? It seems quite likely to me, there is a good resemblance.

Ridley:

Master Hand: See ridley.

Ganon and sheik: Someone else posted source.

Ness: It's too far fetched, forget this one.

Paultena:

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
I think paultena is part of the story mode. If you look close she's transparent and ghostly. Seems like a story addition to me at least.

Eaode

Smash Champion
GOD!!

LOOK AT THE VIDEO. If Ridley OR Bowser OR Master Hand were in the clouds, they would have been obvious in motion. no, they're just clouds.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Don't turn this into a topic for discussing the clouds please.

I agree with the guy who said Paultena will probably not be playable.

I also think, seeing as in Melee's adventure mode you had bonus stages, you'll have them in brawl but more defined. Like for fox's storyline, his bonus round will be flying away from metaknights halberd, and Link's will be using his bow to try and shoot down the halberd.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
I do see there are some formations in the clouds. If you notice when the ship is coming out fully, there's an orange thing and a white thing on top.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Adventure mode seems big this time around. And it's got me thinking: That's Metaknights Halberd isn't it?
So maybe he's one of the villians this time around. Up there with Bowser and Masterhand doing something darkside. I wonder if he'll still be straight up playable (Like Bowser was in adventure mode, even though he was the final boss).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom