• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best stages for lucario?

Jmon101

Smash Cadet
So, every map has different blast zones if im right. Lucarios recovery is one of the best in the game assuming hes got aura, so my theory is that he has an advantage on stages that have the farthest blast zone.

Also, lucario has that amazing wall cling, so stages that have a wall under the ledge ++.

Taking these things into consideration, and stuff I forgot to mention, which stages work to lucarios strengths/give him an edge during a fight?

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
Basically any stage that's friendly to Extreme Speed's use - granting many options of mobility and recovery, Counterable hazards, and of course, walls.

More Beneficial Stages:
Mushroom Kingdom U
Luigi's Mansion (Omega)
Jungle Hijinx
Bridge of Eldin
Temple (Uhh, sure... It's big, but grants the most out of Lucario Parkour)
Yoshi's Island
Great Cave Offensive (Omega)
Kalos Pkmn League (Normal, can't cling / wall jump in Omega)
Onett (Counter the cars, leap off houses)
Coliseum (Omega)
Castle Siege
Palutena's Temple (Like Temple, it's-a HUGE. Go nuts.)
Gamer (Omega, you're able to wall jump the sides)
Garden of Hope
Wii Fit Studio (Omega)
Boxing Ring
Duck Hunt
Wrecking Crew (Time Double Team with the incoming bomb blasts)
Windy Hill
Wily Castle (Countering Yellow Devil is fairly easy)
Suzaku Castle

Questionable Stages (Mainly the "traveling" stages):

Delfino Plaza (Normal)
Mario Circuit (Normal)
Skyloft (Normal)
Great Cave Offensive (Normal. I dunno for sure, but Lucario may be extremely deadly here if used carefully, thanks to those Danger Zones... Just don't get greedy.)
Wuhu Island (Normal)
...Pac-Land(?) (Normal. Oddly enough, you're able to cling and jump off hydrants and cacti if you Extreme Speed into them. The staircases during the water spout segment are also jumpable.)

These certain stages below may require more skill on how you can guide Lucario to safety. There's a wall in the center you can use if there's too much pressure. By saving your jump and with practice, these can be rather helpful.

Luigi's Mansion (Normal)
Pyrosphere (Easier to recover on Omega)
Pokemon Stadium 2

Any stage I haven't mentioned are either okay or goes against Extreme Speed's recovery. Maybe if I'm bored out of my mind again, I may update this. I've yapped on long enough, I believe.

Empire~

s a d b o y s
lucario needs space to move around and ****

go to these stages (long/few platforms):
fd
duck hunt

these are okay:
battlefield
smashville
t & c
dreamland
delfino

ban these stages:
lylat
halberd
castle siege

these don't have enough space, end up getting bodied by shiek, diddy, etc
halberd can be good if you keep getting your opponent in a jc up smash, but don't go there against a zss/diddy/mk etc - early kills off the top and/or sharking.
lylat ****s with our aura sphere and recovery

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
Stages with room. If you play FD try to get an Omega with a wall so recover is much easier

SV, Duck Hunt and T&C are ok.

If you play miiverse or BF I personally prefer BF for recovering

Last edited:

Darxai

Smash Cadet
As the other say, Duck Hunt, FD. Smashville is kinda decent because it has an ok platform for him, but just try not to hit the moving platform otherwise you're boned. Avoid lylat at all times because that stage's ledges are seriously messed up.

Top Bottom