• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best stages for climbers?

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
i'm not entirely sure on which stages are best for them, i usually just take people to fod because it might **** with other characters, otherwise i just go with what i'm comfortable with....

Smash Journeyman
In my experience it seems mostly match-up dependent, but there are a few stages I like and a few that I try to ban whenever possible. I like FD is a solid counter-pick in most MUs because ICs have good horizontal mobility and have an easier time keeping most characters above them. FoD is pretty good but I generally don't like it against Fire Emblem characters. I usually try to avoid Yoshi's Story and Wario Ware because the short walls make it easier for most characters to kill Nana. Aside from that I usually just try to pick bad stages for my opponent, or pick stages that I'm most comfortable with (Usually PS2). Keep in mind I'm far from a high-level player, this is just what has worked best for me.

Last edited:

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Many characters can abuse platforms against them, including spacies, Falcon, and swordsmen. For this reason I tend to stay away from BF, WW (although WW is pretty good against characters that can't abuse platforms as well). Even though I tend not to like it in general, Yoshi's Island is pretty good for them since the platform is so wide it still allows them to use their horizontal mobility on it while avoiding quite as much platform abuse (examples: marth can't cover your options from below you as well since you have the whole wide platform to work with. Fox can't camp the platform as well because if he wants to drop and shine you, he has to drop through it as long as you stay bottom center.)

Other things to keep in mind include: blast zones. As 941 said, narrow side zones allow your opponent to kill Nana easier. High ceilings help your survivability because they're floaty. Stage size. Although they have good horizontal mobility, you may want to go with small stages on which you can bully people with your double attacks and set up for handoffs the quickest.

But it all depends on your opponent's character, honestly.

Top Bottom