• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Stage Design

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm a casual player that would like to improve on my skills, and also likes to make stages. So I was wondering, what would be the 'perfect' or best stage for Kirby. If there isn't a select, why not make one?

So I'm asking, what would be a good design for a custom stage that'd give Kirby the advantage?

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I'm a casual player that would like to improve on my skills, and also likes to make stages. So I was wondering, what would be the 'perfect' or best stage for Kirby. If there isn't a select, why not make one?

So I'm asking, what would be a good design for a custom stage that'd give Kirby the advantage?
Why make Custom when you already have Lylat Cruise. IMO it's the best stage for Kirby
-Rei

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
See, this is what I mean (no offense) If we can't decide on an actual stage, how about describing a good stage (as in features e.g Platforms, size, slopes etc...)? This would help a lot.

K2Z

Smash Rookie
Now that I think about Rainbow Cruise, it helps Kirby a LOT against characters that can't keep up with the vertical screen-shifting since our puffball can float to the heavens if he wanted to. It'd help against his bad match-ups like Snake, since his Mortar Slide wouldn't be as effective, nor would his Claymore/Nade mindgames. Plus, his recovery move isn't too great on Rainbow Cruise.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Any stage you make could never be as good as rainbow cruise.

And it wouldn't be tourney legal.

Jungle Japes is only good against characters that kill you off the top.

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
As I said before, I'm a casual player, so I'm not too fussed about tourney legalities. And my friends don't like rainbow cruise (for the reasons you've all pointed out). They agreed that a custom stage is ok as long as it's fair. Of course, I'm making stages with minor advantages to the characters I use (in the sig). I'd like a kirby one most since I've got friends who like to play as Kirby too.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Just throw a random platform up near the ceiling of the stage and do upthrows to it if you want a casual stage that kirby will **** on.

Either that or play battlefield since its all around good kirby stage and generally considered neutral.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
you want a stage that is four small fall though platforms kirby wins cause he can recover

or go with a mix of fall aways and grabbables with a layer or two of fall throughs above

like battlefield ish with fall aways

if you PM me ill make it and send it to you tomorrow

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
haha, that's so cheap just making a stage super abusive for kirby! shame on your bros for being so underhanded lol.

MarioMCP

Smash Rookie
Meh, I'd suggest you play on the normal tourney stages, such as

Final Destination
the Pokemon gym stage things, the ones that change
and of course, Smash ville

however, if you want to make a stage, make it flat, with some platforms in it, and perhaps some walls, but really, its better to play on the normal stages

Top Bottom