• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best secondary for olimar

fatman.spam

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-1985-1832
Hello i wanted to know what the best secondary for olimar is?
I already secondary::4dedede::4wario2::4pacman:

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
That's entirely subjective. Also, I too happen to have King Dedede and Pac-Man as my other mains.

Anyways, my choice would be R.O.B., as he also has projectiles, smash attacks with a decently long range, and awesome aerials.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I'm the kind of people who believe that Main is only one, the rest are situational or counterpicks or characters you like. My main is Olimar and my secondary/counterpick is Marth.

Why?
  • Better air game.
  • Counter.
  • Shield Breaker.
Even though I haven't won any set with him jajajaja, because I wouldn't use it at tournaments.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to use Villager as a second because his air game is pretty strong and he has also many nice setups with his gyroid.
I only have problems against fast characters and characters who are pretty strong in the air and I feel like the Villager is the guy for these matchups.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
The "best" secondary would probably be Sheik, I would think. Simply because she's objectively the best character in the game. Though, really, I would suggest you figure out which characters you struggle the most against, and then find a character better suited to handling them. A simpler way, and the way I tend to do things, is to pick another character that plays very differently or brings another set of tools and possibilities to the table. This is more useful for playing the other player, not so much for counter picking.

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
Like @ Pikmin-ism42 Pikmin-ism42 said, it's subjective. :4zss: is my secondary. She's better at handling heavyweight characters and KO setups in my opinion.

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
Well, the biggest problem Olimar has is when he's matched against a rush down character (Pika, Fox, Falcon, Shiek, etc.). Don't take this as some huge weakness however, as Olimar doesn't really have any particularly bad MUs to begin with.

Still, my other main is Yoshi. It's nice to knock the rushers down a few pegs.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Well, the biggest problem Olimar has is when he's matched against a rush down character (Pika, Fox, Falcon, Shiek, etc.). Don't take this as some huge weakness however, as Olimar doesn't really have any particularly bad MUs to begin with.

Still, my other main is Yoshi. It's nice to knock the rushers down a few pegs.
Olimar has some awful MU's

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Personally I use DK to cover Olimar's close game, still leaves me open to rush down characters, but still.

Principe Momopato

Smash Rookie
i think pikachu is a good secondary because olimar have a good stage control and struggles against rush downs but pikachu can counter that (good projectile,combos,kill moves, movility) i think pikachu and olimar have a good synergy

Top Bottom