• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Project M Marth?

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Alright so I'm a new marth and until about that last week or so I decided that I wanted to be able to place decently in PM Locals and even more if possible. And since then I haven't stopped playing. I just never realized how much more fun the game is. Anyway I'm getting off topic. I was wondering who is considered the best Marth in PM right now? I've seen plenty of Marth's in melee and I learned a lot from ken's but I really want to study someone modern. Also I'd just like to apologize in advance if this is a stupid question or something.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
There actually aren't that many active Marth mains in PM anymore but M2K is probably the closest thing to the best Marth., even if it's only one of his secondaries.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
There actually aren't that many active Marth mains in PM anymore but M2K is probably the closest thing to the best Marth., even if it's only one of his secondaries.
Really? Dang. I'm planning to main him and see how far I can go. He's been my favortie since my melee days(my friend always played Roy so it was fun to see who was better)

Ross Hadden

Smash Rookie
Top PM Marths to look out for are Sora, Umbreon, and Dart. Dizzy is also a good up and comer.
Seconded. When I saw the title I was going to propose "Dart and Sora, with Dizzy showing a lot of promise." I haven't seen Umbreon.

/me heads to YouTube

Update: Ohhh that's Umbreon. I watched him play a couple days ago on Tourney Locator. Yeah, he's not bad. I think he mains Shiek? Which doesn't really matter I suppose.

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Top PM Marths to look out for are Sora, Umbreon, and Dart. Dizzy is also a good up and comer.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dart / Sora have impressed me.

2 Weeks ago I decided to fully go from pocket marth id play in friendlies to full maining him and dropping all others.

Should push out some fun matches soon from socal with my marth hope you guys enjoy him <3

Boiko

:drshrug:
Anyone who doesn't answer with Sora is wrong.

Although Dart is pretty good too.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who doesn't answer with Sora is wrong.

Although Dart is pretty good too.
Hard to tell how good people are over youtube tbh.
Like sometimes people look amazing but they are just playing mediocre players in their region and their region isnt that strong.

Would only truly know with how he does OoS or people he plays against do OoS.

Like all his wins vs poob would be more impressive if say poob went OoS and dominated a few known high level players. (Unsure if something like this has happened)

Im super ignorant with OoS scenes and how everyone matches up against each other. Only got my exp of playing all of socal.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Hard to tell how good people are over youtube tbh.
Like sometimes people look amazing but they are just playing mediocre players in their region and their region isnt that strong.

Would only truly know with how he does OoS or people he plays against do OoS.

Like all his wins vs poob would be more impressive if say poob went OoS and dominated a few known high level players. (Unsure if something like this has happened)

Im super ignorant with OoS scenes and how everyone matches up against each other. Only got my exp of playing all of socal.
You're absolutely correct on this, and it's partially why I feel Texas is overrated. They're good, sure, but they're REALLY GOOD at playing each other. Poob has come to NY and got fourth at The Flex Zone, beating a lot of good people. Not too sure of his results past that.

Regardless, I've played Sora first hand. He's a great player, makes smart reads, takes moderate risk, and chooses good options. I'm no slouch at the game, and I kept things even for a while, but his adaptability was fantastic and his ability to dictate the ebb and flow of the game was ultimately greater than mine, allowing him to take the win. Given, he also had the character advantage, but he used that advantage well.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
You're absolutely correct on this, and it's partially why I feel Texas is overrated. They're good, sure, but they're REALLY GOOD at playing each other. Poob has come to NY and got fourth at The Flex Zone, beating a lot of good people. Not too sure of his results past that.

Regardless, I've played Sora first hand. He's a great player, makes smart reads, takes moderate risk, and chooses good options. I'm no slouch at the game, and I kept things even for a while, but his adaptability was fantastic and his ability to dictate the ebb and flow of the game was ultimately greater than mine, allowing him to take the win. Given, he also had the character advantage, but he used that advantage well.
Ill never comment on how overrated / underrated people are until i play them. cuz you look super biased and kinda silly.

Its one thing to feel your region / players are strong but until they Consistently prove it i dont feel anyone has the right to talk.

Retrolistic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3282-2606-7561
In opinion, I really like Axe's PM Marth. M2K's Marth, of course, is such a beast.
Then you got the netplay guys like Em0_oticon who looks pretty solid.

D

Deleted member

the best actual marth is dr. peepee no question. the best "dedicated marth main in PM" is probably sora.

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
the best actual marth is dr. peepee no question. the best "dedicated marth main in PM" is probably sora.
you spelled venom wrong ^ hehe

On the real im a huge fan of sora. I prefer how i play but you cant argue with how well he does :)

I try not to miss any matches of his that role out

Top Bottom