• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best player for each character tier list

Crashs

Smash Rookie
I think Leffen and maybe Mango's Foxes are better than Armada's. Armada's Fox is very good at what it does, but he uses it for specific characters/matchups so it's not as well rounded as the other two. If they had to enter a tournament and only use Fox, Leffen/Mango would probably do better.
Basically this. When Armada plays a Fox that is more aggro like Mang0 in a ditto he generally has been losing as of late.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
So apprantatly smashboards decided not to give me any notifications from this thread even though I made it...... wow thanks smashboards.

So yea, that's why I havn't replied at all.

For Ganondorf, I had a reason for Bizzaro over Kage, but I forget what it was. Kage should probably be above Bizzaro.

For Ice Climbers, I put Fly Amanita and Nontendude over Wobbles because that's what everyone was telling me, I actually wanted to say Wobbles for him. Of course, after his performance at the five gods thing, he clearly IS the beat, and the Ice Climbers probably should be in demi-god too

For Roy and Zelda, I have no idea who most of those people are. I've only heard of Sethlon and The Lake for Roy and Zelda respectivtly, and they don't don't really play.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
VaNz secretly has a sick nasty Zelda

M2Ks Zelda I think is pretty beast as well. I've seen him wreck in friendlies, and there was that one Iron Man where he took like 8 stocks off some of Mango's mid tiers and Falco (iirc). Funny because he has such a low opinion of the character but does so well against good players every time he uses her.

Cosmo probably had the best Zelda IMO, mentally and technically sound. Just an all around solid fundamental, relentless, and consistent player. But The Lake probably deserves the top spot for how active he is with Zelda still.

I hate to talk down on Upke, but he makes a ton low level mistakes still and seems to mess up edge-guarding a lot. His movement is slick and his Zelda knowledge is unparalleled, so maybe it's just stream nerves I've seen from him every time.

SSBMSteven

Smash Rookie
I'm just going to give my order in the order of the official tier list:

:foxmelee:: Mango. Some people would say that Armada is the best fox because he has better results however as an overall Fox main I believe that Mango is stronger. Armada has a very strong fox don't get me wrong but he relies on his Peach for when he does not feel comfortable with his Fox. Also, we've all seen Mango's Fox when it gets going. Insane.

:falcomelee:: Westballz. Mango rarely plays Falco and Westballz has had results to back up it up. PPMD also plays more Marth than he does Falco. Westballz Falco is absolutely deadly and has notable wins over Mango, Hbox, PPMD, and Leffen. Westballz can beat anyone, but anyone can beat Westballz.

:marthmelee:: PPMD. This was actually a toss up with M2K's Marth but PPMD's Marth has seen better results and was the first Marth to even challenge (and beat) M2K's Marth.

:sheikmelee:: Mew2King. Even with the rise of Plup I would still consider M2K's Sheik the best AT THE MOMENT. If we are talking about legacy then M2K definitely takes it as he and KDJ were pioneers of the Sheik meta. Plup definitely deserves an honorable mention for having a very strong sheik and amazing results since picking up sheik, but the King of the Mews still sits in his throne.

:jigglypuffmelee:: Hungrybox. Without a doubt the best Jigglypuff. The only man that has results with such a hard character to use. I am actually not joking Jigglypuff is extremely hard to use at top level play. Even with the odds against him with the hoard of Fox mains, Hungrybox still finds ways to win on the grandest stage of them all. Shout outs to Prince Abu for being the warm up puff.

:peachmelee:: Armada. This man is THE peach god. He pushed Peach to the next level with his strong punish game and such eloquent edge guards. He showed up every Peach main in existence by setting the standard for what an amazing Peach looks like. Armada is the definition of hard work and dedication, NO YAHNS.

:icsmelee:: Wobbles. Before his initial retirement he was a monster, finishing with 2nd at Evo 2013. Wobbles popularized wobbling and is best known for his crazy handoffs. Sometimes Wobbles even opts to use creative hand offs than wobbling on most occasions. Since his return Wobbles has gotten great placings such as 9th at MVG Sandstorm, 1st at FORTE, and 7th at Genesis 3. Nintendude was a very close second because I believe that his results are currently better than Wobbles' but Wobbles has more notable wins. Wobbles has defeated 4 out of the 5 gods (missing Armada) and Nintendude has only beaten M2K. If Nintendude starts defeating more members of the Big 6 then I could see Nintendude as the best but only time can tell.

:falconmelee:: S2J. The most laid back person is the best Falcon player. There has been an argument for Wizzrobe however S2J has better placings. Since the beginning of 2015, S2J has outplaced Wizzy 6-3 and they have placed the same at 3 events.

:pikachumelee:: Axe. The only Pikachu main on the MIOM top 100 (aside from DJ Nintendo who secondaries Pikachu). It's clear that Axe is the best Pikachu, nobody does it like him.

:samusmelee:: Plup. Even with the switch to Sheik Plup still finds himself using Samus. While Duck and HugS are in contention for best, Plup's strong wins over notable players such as Hax, Lucky, Leffen, and Westballz coupled with his great showings such as 9th at MLG, TBH4, and EVO 2014 (as a solo Samus main) solidifies Plup as the best Samus.

:drmario:: Shroomed. There has yet to be a Dr. Mario main to continue the legacy that Shroomed brought to the table. Shroomed is the only Dr. Mario main that made Top 8's consistently at Nationals. Genesis 2, Apex 2012, Apex 2013, and EVO 2013. Shroomed will probably never use Dr. Mario in tournament again ever since he switched over to Sheik. He originally saved his Dr. Mario for the Ice Climbers matchup but he gave up on that vs. Nintendude at Genesis 3 and went Marth. As HomeMadeWaffles stated, Shroomed is the Lebron of Dr. Mario. We're waiting on the hidden boss, Reason, to start putting up monster results with Dr. Mario.

:yoshimelee:: Amsa. Can you see Amsa taking a game? Yoshi is a character that lots of people do not understand and few people tend to play. Amsa came from Japan and took the world by storm with his Yoshi almost taking a set off of Mew2King at Evo 2013. He would end up taking a set off of M2K at King of Cali 4 and took Mango to game 5 at Apex 2015. Amsa's international results are amazing however people speculate that with enough experience in the Yoshi MU that Amsa won't be so hot. Amsa loses to Japanese players that haven't found the same success as him on an international level. Despite this, Amsa is still the best Yoshi main.

:luigimelee:: Abate. I was actually back and forth between him and Eddy Mexico. Eddy does have great results at EVO getting top 32 at both EVO's he has attended. It is without a doubt that Abate had a better 2015 than Eddy did. Both of these players do not travel that often which is why I hard a more difficult time with deciding. I looked at their notable wins and Eddy mainly had SoCal notable wins with Lucky, Westballz, S2J, and Fiction. In theory since Eddy plays them regularly he should have played them enough to take a set. With that being said Abate's notable wins are Axe, Duck, and S2J with Duck being the only regional win. Abate's run at TBH5 is definitely something to note as it is the first time Luigi made it into Top 8 at a national. Also, Abate has the lead vs Eddy in sets. Hopefully these 2 players go to more events so the debate can become a little easier.

:ganondorfmelee:: Kage the Warrior. n0ne is really the only other Ganondorf that can match Kage. Bizzaro Flame is retired and lost the "best Ganon in the world set" at EVO. Other than that Kage was a national threat since 2009 double eliminated Mang0 at ROM2. His results have yet to be matched by any Ganondorf main.

:mariomelee:: Scorpion Master. The legend himself is the best Mario main out there. Scorp began to stir the pot when he would get rather impressive placing in SoCal in 2010. Despite falling short of his goal of Top 3 at Apex 2010 he ended up getting 25th. Scorpion Master took Mew2King's Sheik to game 5 at GSG and was toe-to-toe with Armada at Apex friendlies. Scorpion Master is retired but does make some occasional appearances such as taking out Armada's Marth at Smash Summit 2. The next person in line would be A Rookie, yellow Mario that came up in SoCal. He has put up impressive sets with some of SoCal's finest and has had some Oddshot moments.

:younglinkmelee:: Axe. There are no solo Young Link mains that are shaking up the meta. Shoutouts to Kokiri Soilder (Laijin) who is an impressive solo Y. Link. Axe's only competition is Armada and Armada only used his Young Link for Hungrybox. We have seen more of Axe's Young Link and it does work. Axe's knowledge on Young Link is impeccable and his technical execution is out of this world.

:dkmelee:: Green Ranger. The only other DK mains that are notable are Phish It and Bum. Green Ranger has notable wins over Toph and Cactuar. Even though Green Ranger doesn't compete that often he still puts on a show with his creative DK combos. He finished 9th at Fight Pitt 5.

:linkmelee:: SAUS. Not much is known about SAUS other than his insane performance at GOML 2015 where he defeated The Moon. SAUS also has a positive record vs Kage's Ganondorf and forces him to go Captain Falcon. Hopefully we to see SAUS at larger events. Other notable Link mains are Germ and J666.

:gawmelee:: Qerb. He ended up getting 49th at Pound 2016 and had a VERY close set with HugS in losers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2YYDnRsBLI

:roymelee:: Sethlon. Though his Roy is best known in PM he still plays a fierce Roy in Melee.

:mewtwomelee:: Taj. Without a doubt the best Mewtwo. Taj mains both Marth and Mewtwo, some people can't decide which character they'd rather see because his characters are so electrifying. If you haven't seen his combo video ShadowClaw watch it now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd1FFTsecW4

:zeldamelee:: The Lake. Check out this set vs Nintendude. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RM-J9V8iP4

:nessmelee:: Hungrybox. He is the little representation of Ness players. Though Hungrybox brings him out as a joke character it has proven to be a worthy opponent. His Ness appeared vs Armada's Young Link and almost took games. The next Ness would have to be Mofo who had a close set with Hax$ back in 2010 at No Johns and took a set off Gravy at Mass Madness.

:pichumelee:: Mew2King. This man's Pichu is so good that it has 4 stocked many players and is good enough to be on his Iron Man roster. I'm confident that M2K moved Pichu up in the tier list.

:bowsermelee:: DJ Nintendo. It's really hard to find any Bowser mains. When you think of Bowser DJ Nintendo immediately comes to mind. DJ makes Bowser look like a VERY scary threat that you hope you never run into.

:kirbymelee:: Triple R. This takes ultimate dedication to solo main Kirby. He actually mains Kirby in Smash 4 and in Brawl. Triple R has had some pretty good sets most recently beating LuigiKid at Genesis 3.

This is all opinion based and I'm open to talk about this more with anyone who wants to. Thanks

Synnett

Alligator Lord
:bowsermelee:: DJ Nintendo. It's really hard to find any Bowser mains. When you think of Bowser DJ Nintendo immediately comes to mind. DJ makes Bowser look like a VERY scary threat that you hope you never run into.
There is also Eikelmann, and that's pretty much it... There are a few Bowser vids on youtube but it's mostly from people who don't really play him, just for trolls. A few good Bowser I've seen are Sypher and Pangwell, and then there's me :/

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Blea Gelo recently beat gravy and took a set off druggedfox (won 3-2, lost 2-3, 2-3). He's definitely been performing at the same level as abate/eddy lately imo.

1amayzingman

Smash Cadet
NNID
1amayzingman
say what you want, whether it's mango just generally being good at the game or not, his mario is the best. Given mang0s knowledge of MUs, I'm sure he'd be able to place highly at majors with the character, and he pulls off sexy ass moon walks with the character which I wish I knew how to do. Don't get me wrong, a rookie and Koopa are good (haven't watched koopa that much but he's ranked in socal so I'm gonna assume he's pretty good), but cmon man...this is scorp we're talking about. He beat Armada's peach and marth, HugS's Samus, and went head to head with M2K at Good **** german. When a rookie or koopa beat armada's peach with a mid tier, then we'll talk lol

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
and he pulls off sexy *** moon walks with the character which I wish I knew how to do
Bit off topic, but you can moonwalk with Mario (& a good few other characters as well, even including Bowser) out of a waveland or wavedash, or walk forwards a bit and then moonwalk.

Anyway, on topic of Mario, I think A Rookie is the best Mario main, but Scorp is clearly the best Mario in general.

SSBMSteven

Smash Rookie
say what you want, whether it's mango just generally being good at the game or not, his mario is the best. Given mang0s knowledge of MUs, I'm sure he'd be able to place highly at majors with the character, and he pulls off sexy *** moon walks with the character which I wish I knew how to do. Don't get me wrong, a rookie and Koopa are good (haven't watched koopa that much but he's ranked in socal so I'm gonna assume he's pretty good), but cmon man...this is scorp we're talking about. He beat Armada's peach and marth, HugS's Samus, and went head to head with M2K at Good **** german. When a rookie or koopa beat armada's peach with a mid tier, then we'll talk lol
Lets not forget about Wobbles' Mario either, it's actually very impressive

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Before Leffen was deported, his fox was better than Mango's.
You could say that, but it's going off little info. I don't think it's good to jump to conclusions. Leffen's Samus weakness had been there all along but everyone just assumed he was good vs all characters. Then it gets exposed and ppl are like OMG OMG OMG

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
You could say that, but it's going off little info. I don't think it's good to jump to conclusions. Leffen's Samus weakness had been there all along but everyone just assumed he was good vs all characters. Then it gets exposed and ppl are like OMG OMG OMG
"Expose you as a fraud, I'll be blowing you up."

Last edited:
Top Bottom