• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best player for each character tier list

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
As the title says, basicially a tier list of each characters best player. So like this:

image.jpg

Note:I don't really know much about melee; I mainly play smash 4. I know enough to make a decent one, but I'm not sure about everything.

These are the players I use for each character:

:foxmelee::Armada (Note that Fox is above Peach as Fox has more overall representation

:peachmelee::Armada

:jigglypuffmelee::Hungrybox

:falcomelee::Mango

:marthmelee::pPMD

:sheikmelee::Mew2king

:pikachumelee::Axe

:icsmelee::Nintendude/Fly Amanita

:yoshimelee::aMSa

:falconmelee::s2j

:samusmelee::HugS

:luigimelee::Abate

:drmario::Shroomed

:ganondorfmelee::Bizzaro Flame

:gawmelee::Qwerb

:mariomelee::Koopatroopa895/A Rookie

:linkmelee::JERM

:kirbymelee::Triple R

:dkmelee::Green Ranger

:younglinkmelee::Axe/Javi

:mewtwomelee::Taj

:pichumelee::Mew2King

:bowsermelee::DJ Nintendo

:roymelee::nessmelee::zeldamelee::No one (I know Hungrybox has a pocket :nessmelee:, But he uses it it so much less than Mew2king uses :pichumelee: and DJ Nintendo uses :bowsermelee: (Which are already extremely rare) that I didn't count it.

What are your opinions? Post below!

Last edited:

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Sethlon/Neo/Lunchables are the best Roy's however Lunchables is the only one who still plays

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Armada used to have a pretty good YL for Jiggs (he beat Hungrybox with it a few years ago), the Link main is called "GERM" not "JERM", Eikelmann is actually better than Bizzy if you compare their placements, and Cosmo used to have a pretty good Zelda; he got 65th at EVO a couple years back.

Ness bottom tier? JIM JAM FLIM FLAM
SPIKE!

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
Armada used to have a pretty good YL for Jiggs (he beat Hungrybox with it a few years ago), the Link main is called "GERM" not "JERM", Eikelmann is actually better than Bizzy if you compare their placements, and Cosmo used to have a pretty good Zelda; he got 65th at EVO a couple years back.

SPIKE!
I'm pretty sure SAUS is better than Germ, and Kage is better than the other two Ganondorfs (is this pluralised like Leaf- leaves? Ganondwarves?).
LET'S GO CANADA

Squire

Smash Apprentice
Definitely kage for Ganon, Lmao.
Yeah, what he said. We all like Bizz and we're bummed he retired, but Kage is a far superior Ganon.

On another note: if we're going to count Shroomed for Doc, even though he dropped the character for Sheik over a year ago, we should consider Plup for Samus imo.

And as much as I hate to admit it, Scorpion Master is probably a better Mario than A Rookie or Koopa, but those guys definitely get the Mario loyalty points... which is a thing I just made up.

Also, what everyone else has been saying: You forgot about Wobbles, JimJamFlimFlam, The Lake, SAUS, and a few others I can't remember.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I think Leffen and maybe Mango's Foxes are better than Armada's. Armada's Fox is very good at what it does, but he uses it for specific characters/matchups so it's not as well rounded as the other two. If they had to enter a tournament and only use Fox, Leffen/Mango would probably do better.

My other thoughts:
Nintendude is the best IC's, Bizz is not the best Ganon, and Duck may be up there with Hugs but I don't know the exact wins/losses/placings of each.

Last edited:

Random Robot

Smash Rookie
NNID
AidanZam
I think Ness should definitely be Simna Ibn Sind, Duck is just as good as HugS, maybe better, and as many others have said, Ganon should be Kage. Also, not sure if this was just a typo or not, but for Game & Watch, it's spelled Qerb, not Qwerb.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah honestly if HugS hadn't done so well the past 6 months I'd say Duck for sure. But hugo is putting in work. Still a close one.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Yeah, what he said. We all like Bizz and we're bummed he retired, but Kage is a far superior Ganon.
Eeeh...I think both Bizz and Kage are the best Ganons, personally; but Bizz is the super-stylish one while Kage is the brutally efficient one. Both have strengths and weaknesses....but both would decimate poor Eikelmann. :p

Also, Biz hasn't retired from Smash; he was considering it, but he decided against it.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Decimate poor Eikelmann?

That dude apparently won the runback MM that same tournament against Bizz AND took a game off Armada's Peach with Ganon.
Eikelmann is mad good

Bizz is also only not retired because he doesn't have a job for the moment since he moved to NorCal, but that dude's a career first Melee later type guy

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
Eeeh...I think both Bizz and Kage are the best Ganons, personally; but Bizz is the super-stylish one while Kage is the brutally efficient one. Both have strengths and weaknesses....but both would decimate poor Eikelmann. :p

Also, Biz hasn't retired from Smash; he was considering it, but he decided against it.
But in terms of who would and has performed the best, it is by far Kage.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Kage is the best Ganondorf. Without question. No debate needed. I consider Eikelmann and Bizz pretty even, considering Ian won the runback MM, not to mention his results over Bizz. But I digress...

I know you don't know Melee as well, but this list is pretty lame. No mention for The Lake or Upke? No mention for Sethlon or Lunchables? No mention for Simna or JJFF? I know most of these have been mentioned by others in this thread, but still. Not to mention, putting Fly Amanita over Wobbles? Fly is one of my favorite ICs, but Wobbles is still better imo.

Can't really argue with the rest all that much though.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Decimate poor Eikelmann?

That dude apparently won the runback MM that same tournament against Bizz AND took a game off Armada's Peach with Ganon.
Eikelmann is mad good

Bizz is also only not retired because he doesn't have a job for the moment since he moved to NorCal, but that dude's a career first Melee later type guy
Not denying that Eikelmann is an awesome Ganon...but did you see what Bizz did to him in their Salty Suite match? I wouldn't put Bizz and Eikelmann on the exact same pedestal, dude. Eikelmann is damn good...but Bizz is just a whole different animal to him.

Again, Eikelmann is a great Ganon, but he's not up to the level of Kage or Biz yet.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Not denying that Eikelmann is an awesome Ganon...but did you see what Bizz did to him in their Salty Suite match? I wouldn't put Bizz and Eikelmann on the exact same pedestal, dude. Eikelmann is damn good...but Bizz is just a whole different animal to him.

Again, Eikelmann is a great Ganon, but he's not up to the level of Kage or Biz yet.
Yeah, but he also beat him right after that Salty Suite in a money match so using that as your prime example isn't that useful.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante

Eikelmann was still pretty new to the main stage then, and couldn't handle the pressure adequately. And that's the stuff bizz feeds off of. I've played both of them and Eikelmann is without a doubt better in that matchup, no contest. He's also got wins over gahtzu and n0ne.... Best in world vs falcon (close or maybe tied with Kage). And I say this because of his style and optimal grab punishes, not just the fact that he has wins. A lot of wins bizz has in WC too comes from their weakness in the matchup too. Bizz has lost to drunk sloth, blea gelo, gahtzu, colbol, plup... All people with considerable Ganon experience. Then he can beat similarly skilled players on the WC (only real Ganon experience they get is from bizz himself). I think bizz needs to get more aggressive stage positioning and wall out/corner people more effectively. Wavelanding around until someone approaches improperly and punishing will only get you so far. But I gotta say, bizz is excellent at what he does. I certainly couldn't mimic his style and do that well. I also believe he is continuously getting better.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Eikelmann was still pretty new to the main stage then, and couldn't handle the pressure adequately. And that's the stuff bizz feeds off of. I've played both of them and Eikelmann is without a doubt better in that matchup, no contest. He's also got wins over gahtzu and n0ne.... Best in world vs falcon (close or maybe tied with Kage). And I say this because of his style and optimal grab punishes, not just the fact that he has wins. A lot of wins bizz has in WC too comes from their weakness in the matchup too. Bizz has lost to drunk sloth, blea gelo, gahtzu, colbol, plup... All people with considerable Ganon experience. Then he can beat similarly skilled players on the WC (only real Ganon experience they get is from bizz himself). I think bizz needs to get more aggressive stage positioning and wall out/corner people more effectively. Wavelanding around until someone approaches improperly and punishing will only get you so far. But I gotta say, bizz is excellent at what he does. I certainly couldn't mimic his style and do that well. I also believe he is continuously getting better.
Ganon thrives on punishing mistakes, though, and Eikelmann just hasn't gotten to that same level of punishment yet, at least not the flashy super punishes. Bizz is so great at punishing even a small mistake that it really makes you need to be very careful around him, lest he capitalize on a mistake and get a large amount of damage off or even take a stock from one mistake. Kage is the master of Ganon, and that really reflects in his playstyle.

And that's why Bizz is better than Eikelmann for me, at least for now; he's not just optimally punishing you, he's actively styling on you as he does it. Bizz disrespects you as he's punishing a move, while Eikelmann punishes you optimally, but doesn't actively style on you while doing it.
To be conclusive, Bizz took a game off Armada, one of the gods of Melee, in a Ganon/Fox MU (no easy feat, considering Fox is one of Armada's mains), and ended up forcing him to go Peach. He may have lost to DS, BG, Gahtzu, Cobol and Plup, but to take a game off Armada or any of the gods takes a large amount of skill. Kage did a similar feat by double-eliminating Mang0...but to be fair to Eikelmann, he's taken a game off of Armada's Peach, something no other Ganon main has done.

Still, I think Kage and Bizz are still a little bit better than Eikelmann, at least at the moment. Untill Eikelmann can double-eliminate, say, Mang0's Falco or Fox at a major tournament, I'm going to say he's still not quite as good as Bizz or Kage, especially not Kage.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Eikelmann just hasn't gotten to that same level of punishment yet
I respectfully disagree

https://youtu.be/Tt2qqDfGqwk?t=1m53s

It's not really about style, lol.

Also linguini when to Europe in like 2009 or 10 and went relatively even vs Armada's peach.

Untill Eikelmann can double-eliminate, say, Mang0's Falco or Fox at a major tournament, I'm going to say he's still not quite as good as Bizz or Kage, especially not Kage.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL dude. Tell me you're here all night lmao

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There is no way Hugs is the best samus, it is Plup by far.
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure the only reason no one mentioned him is because they're counting him as a sheik main (honestly he's pretty close to m2k on that front). He probably plays just as much fox as he does Samus.

Last edited:

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, but I'm pretty sure the only reason no one mentioned him is because they're counting him as a sheik main (honestly he's pretty close to m2k on that front). He probably plays just as much fox as he does Samus.
Well yeah if you are counting only players who main the characters, probably Hugs or Duck.

Last edited:

Garrett Robinson

Smash Cadet
Nintendude may have recent wins against people such as Lucky, Hax$, KJH, and Sfat; and he also has great tourney placements at tourneys like Genesis 3 (7th) and The Big House 5 (13th), but there is no way he is tied with Fly Amanita who has wins against those same people.He also has an amazing win-loss ratio against those players and generally plays a league above Nintendude. There was an argument to made that in retirement he can't be as phenomenal as he was but considering that he's coming to the next SSS, he should be able to shake off some rust.

Despite all of this neither Fly or Nintendude are better than Wobbles. Wobbles remained thought his retirement a top player and took sets from people like Lucky, Westballz, and M2K. And straight out of retirement he once again bested Westballz and then Sfat. Despite these two having arguably the second best Ice Climber in the world in their region and have been playing him for years, they both lost to Wobbles. Not to mention Wobbles has taken sets off of 4 of the 5 gods. There is no way Nintendude is a better Ice Climbers than Fly Amanita, and Wobbles remains above both of them.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ehh, nintendude vs fly is still debatable. Nintendude is ranked higher by MIOM, and has slightly better results at nationals overall. He came close to beating mango at bh5 and recently beat m2k. It's not like fly far overshadows the guy lol.

Garrett Robinson

Smash Cadet
Ehh, nintendude vs fly is still debatable. Nintendude is ranked higher by MIOM, and has slightly better results at nationals overall. He came close to beating mango at bh5 and recently beat m2k. It's not like fly far overshadows the guy lol.
I agree that it's debatable due to fly's recent inactivity, I guess we'll see after a few nationals.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Seeing as Fly has barely entered anything and Wobbles is fairly inconsistent out of state (and also hasn't entered that much) I'd give it to Nintendude who has very good results outside of an atrocious placing at Evo. If we're talking of all time it's a different story but Evo 2013 isn't nearly as relevant to current skill as G3

Last edited:

Garrett Robinson

Smash Cadet
I think it's unfair to say inconsistent considering he's only entered Genesis 3, Beast 6 and Pax South. One of which he made top 8.
I think it may be to early to call him inconsistent.

Last edited:

Garrett Robinson

Smash Cadet
I forgot about Tipped Off 11
Most people I think underperformed at Tipped Off 11
Ice was beaten in pools by random jiggs
Overtriforce lost to a DK
Ice and Colbol Played for 17th in losers

Last edited:

Squire

Smash Apprentice
...I mentioned Plup.

On another note: if we're going to count Shroomed for Doc, even though he dropped the character for Sheik over a year ago, we should consider Plup for Samus imo.

SalemtheEngineer

Smash n00b
I would say SAUS is the best Link.

He kind of inspired me to play Melee again to get good with Link. Still got a long way to go.

Top Bottom