• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best partner with samus???

smashbros909

Smash Apprentice
i think that another samus would be best. two samus's. that would be crazy. all the missles and bombs. but wat do u all think???

co_and_me

Smash Lord
NO bad idea. I mean against noobs go right ahead. But samus doesnt have great killing potnetial in teams. She does team well with fox or marth. Fox up smash or up air and marths fsmash. Anyway someone with good killing potential. Samus does have fsmash. But you dont get time to charge shot often. I dont think double samus team is a great idea. Maybe if you are really good and can dual missle jump and send a constant wave of missles that they cant get through. But if its fox or falco they just reflect them and you dont get any damage in. But I dont think this is a great team.

Mouf

Banned via Administration
peach, because she has good kill movez and when samus iz takin awhile to recover she can just float above everybody to avoid gettin double teamed lolz soundz good

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
link, because you can fill the screen with ranged atacks, and both of them can go with melee atacks

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yoshi. He can stand behind Samus and throw eggs while Samus fires off missiles, he can duck and avoid the missiles, and if he gets knocked off the edge and is returning, unlike other characters, if you accidently hit im with a missile, his doublejump will keep working. Not to mention Yoshi could save Samus with eggs if need be.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Falco is another good chioce, good kill potention and lasers can help alot when your to far away from you partner to help them out with normal attacks.

homsar

Smash Ace
Ganondorf or Marth are the best choices because of the powerful close range attacks. THough they also have to watch out for samus's missles.

McD

Smash Journeyman
I still think..and Im not big on Samus...but still...
Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are awsome partners for Samus...for there long range...
And How they can go under the missles with the Over+B attack

co_and_me

Smash Lord
omg McD are you going to post that in every samus thread. yeah you can go under missles with over B. I dont really care. Its not really that helpful and the lag is retarted slow if you miss. Anyway I do play with a peach in teams here and there and I think it does work out pretty well. You live for a good while typically. I still think someone with a few good KO moves helps out alot.

Watty

Smash Lord
sheik samus/ peach samus/ falco samus/ fox samus

some people said marth problem with marth is if he sint used right he can do damage to a samus like really mess it up with a forward smash that tips a samus

ganon, ganon to me is to big he cant avoid samus projectiles so u lose that when teaming with a ganon.

HK-47

Smash Journeyman
from my experiances Ness(he just flows well with samus i really cant give a good reason as there is no time to heal ness. they just seem to flow IMO) Fox(if hes fast enough to get out of the way of missles and can shinespike the people when they get hit off side.) and marth (forward smash and edge gaurd).

thats what i think shiek is not that good as she is a good comboer and in teams thats just not possable.

Echo

Smash Champion
Marth and Samus is a very good team. While Marth is out, well, doing the Marth thing... Samus conserves lives. That doesnt mean you just run and camp and dont die, you fight, but play more on a defensive side, and as watty said, you dont want a tipper, so make sure you watch the Marth. Just played Marth + Samus in a tourney 2 days ago, and took out teams of double falcos, falco and yoshi, ganon and fox, Falcon and Falco, all kinds of combinations. Its just a very good team.

TheOfficeHero

Smash Rookie
i think link is a good partner with samus...link could either go up and do some melee damage while samus spams some missles....or he could lay back with samus and shoot projectiles w/ her.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
samus and peach have a few problems on teams. Peachs Dsmash is great for dealing damage but also makes her volnerable to missles. While typically any arial she has goes through missles she will eat it when she uses dsmash. So you have to be careful. Also if both of you are off the stage recoverying the other team can heal themself. If there is a ness on the team of course. This doesnt happen much but its something to take note of. also because you can live to high percents a low percent kill is really devistating. Teams can be hard to keep track of so look out for a shine spike.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I agree that Yoshi is the best team with Samus. It's hard to find good yoshi's though. My friend and I team using Samus/Yoshi and we've beaten alot of teams that are more skilled than us. Yoshi is very good at dodgeing missles, I spam them randomly the whole game and almost never hit my partner. Pretty much all the same stuff Mic said, eggs and missles own, eggs help samus recovery, Yoshi's Dsmash (or sometimes even Dtilt) puts people at the perfect height for samus to edge guard. (perfect missle range, Utilt, or fall of sex kick). Umm.. yea, Samus/Yoshi own

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Mic_128 said:
Yoshi. He can stand behind Samus and throw eggs while Samus fires off missiles, he can duck and avoid the missiles, and if he gets knocked off the edge and is returning, unlike other characters, if you accidently hit im with a missile, his doublejump will keep working. Not to mention Yoshi could save Samus with eggs if need be.
I see most of that working. I am not arguing that it wouldnt make a good team either. I mean yoshi's dtilt and smash can really screw with FFers. I see some advantages there but I have to say that samus should never get saved by an egg lol. With bombs and grapple that should never be nessesary because the eggs dont fall fast enough. I think ducking under missles will help assuming samus doesnt MC. But the idea of missle to yoshis dtilt is yummy. Seems like it would make a pretty good team.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
um what? Do you mean that marth has a great grab game and there for samus has has a great chance of hitting with a charge blast? I dont really get what this stuk thing is and he is marth i belive. This just doesnt make sense to me.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I love Yoshi and Samus vs Space Animals. Yoshi's d-tilt, d-smash, and instant edgehogs can get a lot of quick kills along with missiles. Space animals have a very difficult time when they're off the ledge. You can suprise someone who is waiting on the Samus to recover also and get a quick kill either by an edgehog or a spike from the recovering Samus.

I also like Shiek and Samus. At a recent local tournament, Yoshi and Samus lost to a Marth/Shiek, due to the Shiek chain throwing the Yoshi. Shiek and Samus worked out a lot better, and luckily my shiek was better than the other shiek. It won us the tournament.

LeX

Smash Cadet
In my experience, I like samus with any heavy hitter like Ganon or Marth. Samus raises their % and your partner knocks them off the screen.

Fleur de Lis

Smash Lord
This all depends on your style of play. Samus can be a great or terrible partner with anyone. Personally, I do well with Sheik and Ice Climbers.

The Bino

Smash Lord
well i'm not sure about what any one thinks but i sure as hell partner with Peach... this makes the recovery's for both work very well.. peach is floating back and gets hit and can't come back with her UP B so samus goes down and does the pillar of fire... also SAMUS isn't gonna make it so Peach throws out a vegetable and Samus can either UP B it and use it to get hit toward the stage and then lay bombs and grapple the stage or you can use this... Peach throws Samus a vegetable Samus grabs it and drops it in the air and does the pillar of fire on it and you can then get higher in the air so you will have a better chance of comin back that way with laying bombs and grapple to the stage

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Yes both characters do have great recoveries and they compliment each others recovery well. But the problem here is that you dont typicaly plan on saving peach or samus. With fox on my team i look for him to get hit off and then place a bomb for him to get back. You dont plan on saving samus or peach its either too late or they just die from the hit. The problem with this team is that neither has a great killing move. they have some decent ones but not a great one that just stands out.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I beg to differ i mean The BAR Dynasty went to the HRP Tourney in April and there were a lot of people who were like "OMG who the HELL is picking Samus Peach in teams"... and everyone who we played against were like "Holy Crap i didn't Samus Peach was such a good team" then when we got later into the tourney we ran into a team that was ok with Samus and Peach on their own and they were like "We're gonna try this team since it seems to work with you guys", yet they failed against us with only wanna bes
So my point is that Samus Peach is a very good team but im sure that there are other teams that are good as well but i am just stating my personal preference CO AND ME

co_and_me

Smash Lord
Sorry if I sounded like i was saying it was a bad team. Its a really good team I guess I was just trying to point out the disadvantages I know of so you can try to avoid it.
1. recovery is slow. If there is a team that is good with ness and he can be healed this will be a problem. It also allows the other team to switch the match up to what they want. If there is a character match up you are trying to avoid they can change it while you recover.
2. lacking a killing move. Look at fox. up smash and upair kill off the top really well. Also he can get shine kills at low percents if someone it near the edge. Both samus and peach have to edgeguard really well for a low percent kill.
3. being slow. Both charaters can be played really fast I know that. My point here is that some of peaches moves will make her unable to avoid things. Like her dsmash is a great move to use, expecially in teams, but it can lead to her death easily. I am very used to my partner being able to avoid missles but the second he will dsmash he cant avoid anymore. Yes in an ideal situation you wont shoot it at her but my point is that there are times where it will happen because of certain moves. This also reduces your ability to run over and help out your team mate.
OK so those are the main things I can think of off the top of my head. I realize there are ways to get around them and all that. Remeber I am pointing these things out to help anyone that is going to play as this team. There is a super long list of stuff that i can list being positive for this team. I recomend it for soooo many match ups and other teams. The other reason I point out that there are difficulties is that maybe you want to have one of the team mates able to play another character.

Top Bottom