• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Options After a Parry/PS with Ike?

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
I'm sure everyone knows that Parrying(or Power Shielding/PSing) in this game is far more practical and will be used at the highest level to punish things that normally wouldn't be punishable.

For those with experience using Ike at a decent level: What are Ike's best options in your opinion after you Parry a move?

Now, I know the answer will vary, so I'll ask it like this:

What are Ike's best options after PSing a

1. A move that is very unsafe

2. A move that is fairly safe and only unsafe because of you PSing it(think moves with big push back. push back is negated if a moe is PSed)

3. A move that cannot be punished even if PSed.

I plan to experiment with all of Ike's options upon getting the game and will be posting my findings here, but what do you guys think?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I don't own the game, but I would guess that the down-smash is the best for knockback. It's the only powerful move Ike has that would come out quick enough.

For damage Ike's best option would be his AAA, or Up-B.

Doval

Smash Lord
I'd have to go with AAA as the general purpose counter or when you're just uneasy in general.

If your opponent did something unsafe (something like a Marth or Pikachu F-Smash) then you could probably get away with whipping out an up-tilt, f-tilt, or Down Smash with little to no risk. Aether would be a fine choice too if you're looking to rack up % more than anything else at that point in the fight, since a fully connected Aether does so much damge (25% I think it was?)

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played the game yet, but from what I've seen in videos and based on what I've heard, I'd have to agree that AAA is definitely your best option.

Top Bottom