• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

best olimar kill option?

FroDude

Smash Rookie
NNID
ThatGuyKarl
i stack damage with him but when i need to secure a stock, i don't know how. smash attacks are too laggy and so is f-tilt. any ideas?

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
This is a kind of tricky and at my opinion a hard thing to do.
What you need to do to close the stock is to line up the correct pikmin and to condition your opponent to certain attitudes at the battle.
As an example whenever they have 100% it's a good thing to make sure you have at least 1 blue with you, in order to seek that 150% (average) to secure the upthrow kill.
But that's not the only way to take a stock, you can gimp, catch a roll, fall with nair to dsmash, etc.

As far as I know, Olimar doesn't have true kill combos to rely on that, because they are dependent to the enemy, but it does have some setups. It's important to note the pikmin you will use to take the stock too.

Purple will often take stocks more easily with any move due to knockback and so on with their properties.

If you are still having troubles closing the stock, try to not focusing on taking the stock, instead of that try to keep stacking damage and sooner than later it will finish it without you being aware. At high % you might want to stop throwing pikmins because they don't latch too much and don't do heavy damage, except for the white of course.

It's a tricky thing because when you gather all the condition to get the kill and you just focus on getting the stock by a certain way, an experienced player may notice that and you will tend to repeat more movements than before, leaving a spot to your enemy to punish that behavior.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Big ways to take stocks would be dthrow rar bair with a red dthrow and purple bair. Can kill around 70ish depending on stage position. 2 frameing they're ledge snap with dsmash (yellow is especially good for this). Then pressuring with purples either through side-b, retreating back air, or well spaced smashes once they have pikmin on them. Dtilt is a good move to use after hitting the shield if you think they'll act.

It really does come down to understanding how your opponent reacts to your lineup though. If you can understand how they fight you it will allow you to more consistently read their options and punish.

Top Bottom