• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best move to punish rest with?

downbfordays

Smash Cadet
What's the best move to punish a missed Jiggs rest? It looks like up smash does the most damage, but I think down-b demoralizes the opponent and can be used as mind games, thoughts?

Massive

Smash Champion
If puff misses rest the best options are sweetspotted hammer or fully charged (close) dsmash.

Both will just barely kill puff at around 60-70% assuming you're not on FoD or DL64.
Also if you have the power (for whatever reason) rollout will probably work too.

If puff misses rest the best options are sweetspotted hammer or fully charged (close) dsmash.

Both will just barely kill puff at around 60-70% assuming you're not on FoD or DL64.
Also if you have the power (for whatever reason) rollout will probably work too.
Charged Usmash is still more powerful than either dsmash or sweetspot hammer.
What's the best move to punish a missed Jiggs rest? It looks like up smash does the most damage, but I think down-b demoralizes the opponent and can be used as mind games, thoughts?
Your best method for a KO is charged Usmash. If she cannot be KO'd from that, then you want to tack on as much damage as you can from a free hit. For other characters, I think they have at least a low percent combo that will tack on more damage than even their most powerful single attack. But, for kirby, I have no idea what low percent combo he could do on here for most damage.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I would advise strongly against using Rollout as Kirby. In this situation it should be fine but I would never risk a Rollout collision for fear of getting squished. Pancake Kirby might be ridiculous and possibly even a little broken but the partial pancake is just a worse Kirby in practically every way and the change to his jump and air movement it brings about really screws you over if you're not expecting it.

Also, it's a bad move.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Anything I say in this post is based on my findings from fresh moves in training mode.

As far as tacking on the most damage in one hit, sweetspot hammer seems to do the most damage. I'm not really going to comment on what is actually the best kill move. Not 100% fact wise, but I just use my gut based on the situation.

As far as putting on the most damage overall for punishing rest, good luck pretty much. If they are even above like 20% it could be hard to get 2 hits. I did experiment with a few 0% punishes to see what's the top damage I could dish out that training said was a combo. I found 2 combos that did 34%:

1. shdair -> utilt -> bair. With this one you have to make sure to not fast fall the dair. This way you get maximum damage from more dair hits. You also have to pull the dair away. The goal is to not hit them with the grounded hit. This will make them go into that dizzy/tumble state that you often see Hbox use with Jiggs dair to usmash combo. From there you reverse utilt and go from there and finish it off with bair. Side note: the dair should be easy to escape for the opponent just as if you were trying to SDI out of Fox's dair combos. Meaning this combo probably isn't practical :facepalm:

2. bair -> utilt -> bair. This one is fairly basically. To actually make it all combo at 0%, you have to delay the utilt after the 1st bair ever so slightly. This will let Jiggs get closer to the ground before you hit her with the utilt. This will make it possible to combo the 2nd bair after the utilt. If you do the utilt immediately after the 1st bair as you land, she will pop up higher and the last bair won't be a true combo.

DarkMidna

Smash Rookie
:kirby: I usually use the down+b or the hammer (side+b) I find these useful, especially went an opponents damage is around 80 or 100.

Top Bottom