• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Mario's - 2 on 1 fight

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I need help fighting a 2 on 1 battle while using Mario and I'm looking for tips.

EX
It's a team match Mario and Kirby vs Fox and Ness. About 4 out of 5 times the match ends up being me (Mario 1 stock) vs Fox (2 stock) and Ness (2 stock). I got a fresh life and my opponents are around 100%-130%. In Battlefield. Fox knows how to gimp and Ness catches me of guard. And if I'm grabbed it's basically over for me.:(

You can see how nearly impossible this is to win but u can win, i have done it a few times, enough to say i lucked out. Any tips at all will be great.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Eh 2 on 1? Don't you mean 2v2? o.o. Anyways. Whenever I think of 2v2s, I always think of myself, is my partner good? Does he help me when I need to get back onto the stage? As always said team work. But i'm guessing that's not the situation so, Fox and Ness are really easy. Have a cape, and fludd ready and take' em down. You canalways try camping with fireballs and hopefully look for a opening.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Sounds to me like you're problem is getting teamed up till it's 2 on 1, you being the 1. Teams are all about a couple important things. Ganging up on the opposition, while working together and protecting you're partner.

I don't have much advice to give you other then that. Sorry. :(
Just find a team & partner that will work with you and you're playstyle. Nobody's capable of winning when it's 2 on 1. Less it's 2 noobs :laugh:

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
Even when you're alone in a fight vs 2 enemies, don´t give up, maybe your luck can help you to win...here's a tip: use the edges and protect your partner too...

boss8

Smash Hero
i've been in this situation and suprisingly won.....umm remain distant.....and go to the edge and wait for an opening but watch out as they may try to attack you where as u can think GIMP!!! but becareful cause he also has a partner.....so it pretty complicated....use Dair alot it's amazingly useful in this situation......also.....do not go for a grab....cause his partner will be waiting to hit you.....unless you throw them into him....basically keep your distance and fireball till you find an opening and then go crazy dont get grabbed...or it's over.....unlesss you jump out....

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I actually tried the fire ball approach and staying close to the edge now the Ness char changed to Lucas and he has a crazy Up smash and Down smash kills really fast. Now they (Fox and Lucas) play a defensive stance too. Lucas uses the shield to protect Fox while Fox shots lasers (baiting me in for a close range fight) If i come in to stop Fox, Lucas kills me with the smash hits. If i wait too long i might get too damaged to fight and one smash will kill me.

The situation looks worse then before.

Thanks again for the tips, and Kirby is trying to get better.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
kirbys dair can be a pretty good spike if you can teach him to use it correctly every time some one is hit off ,it really could help even the fight heck even let the kirby try and suicide them with his inhale if the people your fighting are noobs it'l take em to long to get out and they'll die everytime,even if there decent players it's bound to work atleast once(may I suggest picking another character? or are you like me and your to proud and want to show them you can beat them with mario? lol )

Top Bottom