• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best kill options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
I've looked around the falco boards and I haven't seen a strait up discussion of falco's best kill options,
so I think we should compile a list here
:4falco:
I don't mean moves that can kill, or just those. I more so mean how can we get a confirmed hit, or just put them in a spot where we can easily get a killing blow in. And preferable when we can get these.
Use battlefield as the sample stage.
Here's the list, (i'll add other people's finds.)
-------------------------------------------
U-throw -> up air ~90 -95%
D-Tild -> up air ~90 - 95%
Jab 1 -> D-tilt ~ 165%+
Falco phantasm -> up air ~ 90%

Last edited:

SoundChow

Smash Apprentice
It's not like fox where there's a jab confirm up-smash. You need to earn your kills with Falco, which isn't too hard considering all of the kill options he has.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
His down tilt is the perfect option for extremely high percents. Usually I like to back throw them off the stage and get a down air read for the spike. Sometimes I even go for a side B kill with one jump off the edge one to get back up with an UP-B, but that is very punishable. Falcos forward smash is one of the best in the game, not too laggy, takes a step which means a bigger hitbox than most F-smashes. His Down Smash comes out extremely fast, surprising your opponent, it's not so much a kill move but it's an option anyway.
hope this helps.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Falco thrives off his throws, Dthrow to RAR Bair, U throw to Uair / Bair, or Bthrow and then edgeguard them / intercept them off stage.

In general you'll have to depend on reads to land most of your kill moves, but fact is Falco has options if he's not pressured constantly

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Thats a good point zeriora, does anyone know what percent down-tilt kills at, I think it was about 165% but i'm not too sure,
Also you can hit confirm down tilt with jab 1, at higher percents.
Gonna add this too the list.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thats a good point zeriora, does anyone know what percent down-tilt kills at, I think it was about 165% but i'm not too sure,
Also you can hit confirm down tilt with jab 1, at higher percents.
Gonna add this too the list.
Depends on where you hit; on Pit who's the middlemost weight along with Dark Pit and Wii Fit Trainer - Mario's actually heavier as he's ranked 22 while Pit's ranked 25 - Dtilt kills him at 137% if hit near Falco's body, 172% if with Falco's tail, and 207% with the disjoint on Falco's tail.

Also, hit confirms weren't really talked about for some reason which is why I asked here which could have been used for discussing hit confirms: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-approaches-and-combos-strings.372417/page-5#post-19082227.

The thing is that kill confirms for me sound more like if you land a Bair, they're going to die, but hit confirms are like hit with say, Fox's Jab and the confirms into Up Smash which is a kill confirm. Falco has a ton of kill confirms - basically his entire moveset except for Jab, Nair, F-throw, D-throw Blaster and its customs, Fire Bird and its customs, Falco Phase, Reflector and Accele-Reflector. Falco Phantasm being a soft spike sort of makes a decent kill confirm while Falco Phase can kill at 175% if used up close, but Side Smash would be a better option, Reflector Void kills at around 230%, but when used in the air, it's like a weaker, more horizontally ranged Uair.

Last edited:

SDFox

Smash Apprentice
Found another one,
Falco Phantasm ( f-special) can actualy chain in bair or u-air and kill, just as long as you hit it right.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
i wish i could find i good setup for hitting dtilt up close, its a really good kill move if you hit the sweetspot closest to falco, i have tried jab into dtilt but opponent has enough time to block.

bair out of shield is a really good kill move, if you opponent hits your shield with an aerial or any other move from behind you its almost always a guaranteed hit.

the only real hit confirm into kill move i can think of is his up throw up air but not on every character, side b into up air or bair, sh dair into up air on some character on high %, and that's about it, nothing too reliable like foxes jab jab into up smash or nair into running up smash....if you manage to measure your phantasma correctly every time then you have a nice hit confirm into kill move, but its kinda hard since its almost at the end of the move hard to measure and opponents can see it coming. Falco really need to play the mind games to earn the kill.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There's also this if you want to mess with gimps.
Using the source of great players, For Glory, I have discovered that Falco absolutely rekts Mario; either that or I'm a great Falco. :p Remove Falco's lasers pls.
Edit: As for Falco Phantasm to Uair, this guy made a video on it and used Bowser Jr. as the dummy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qSSt_R5DZs. Excuse the poor quality.

His, Top Boss's, description.
PLEASE NOTE!!
Foxes side b has different knockback than falco's. Fox's knocks them diagonally, while falco's is strictly vertical. Fox's side b leads to pretty much the same things though. You'll want to use side b to up tilt/grab at low percent and side b to up air/back air at higher percent. Fox's side b doesn't spike airborne opponents like falco's does, which means that you can start combos off of grounded AND airborne opponents, which you can't do with falco.
Hope you enjoy and stay tuned for more awesomeness! Next to come:Mechakoopa Maintenance and charizard shenanigans!

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
i wish i could find i good setup for hitting dtilt up close, its a really good kill move if you hit the sweetspot closest to falco, i have tried jab into dtilt but opponent has enough time to block.

bair out of shield is a really good kill move, if you opponent hits your shield with an aerial or any other move from behind you its almost always a guaranteed hit.

the only real hit confirm into kill move i can think of is his up throw up air but not on every character, side b into up air or bair, sh dair into up air on some character on high %, and that's about it, nothing too reliable like foxes jab jab into up smash or nair into running up smash....if you manage to measure your phantasma correctly every time then you have a nice hit confirm into kill move, but its kinda hard since its almost at the end of the move hard to measure and opponents can see it coming. Falco really need to play the mind games to earn the kill.
You can experment with moves that send the opponent at alow trajectory and go for jab locks. Ex. On falcon and ganon you could try fthrow around 40% or the weak part of dash attack at lower percents and dash as close to them and reflector. If they miss tech gives you time to walk up and sweet spot dtilt. Only down side is they tech but u can alway try to go for a read instead. Or gimmicks like the sh airdodge cancel and get up in their grill and dtilt

Last edited:

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
You can experment with moves that send the opponent at alow trajectory and go for jab locks. Ex. On falcon and ganon you could try fthrow around 40% or the weak part of dash attack at lower percents and dash as close to them and reflector. If they miss tech gives you time to walk up and sweet spot dtilt. Only down side is they tech but u can alway try to go for a read instead. Or gimmicks like the sh airdodge cancel and get up in their grill and dtilt
I was actually referring to a setup when dtilt actually kills, around 120-140%, but thx anyways haha.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
I was actually referring to a setup when dtilt actually kills, around 120-140%, but thx anyways haha.
My b lol only thing i got is the gimmick then. Maybe grab heavy characters and players will be susceptible to it atleast

Reuben Herrera

Smash Rookie
NNID
ReubenHerrera
I found this, If your opponent is a fast faller and is at 0% you can Jab lock with down air

You get a grab, down throw, to sourspot downair and it's an automatic Jab lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom