• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Kill Moves

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
What are Marth's best kill moves and what is the best way to pull off his spike?

I'm going to make him my fourth main, along with Fox, Snake, and Dedede.

Finally if you can, please give me some basic tips on stategies and advanced techniques.

Mike35

Smash Cadet
I think M2K and Emblem Lord have some great info but I'm not sure if we should stop all other discussion because of it. :ohwell: Doing so would kind of defeat the purpose of a forum IMO. There's always new strategies and different opinions that can be discussed when it comes to almost any aspect of the game.

Personally I seem to get most of my kills off the stage or edgeguarding. For big kill moves I find Fsmash useful, but many of Marth's moves have good knock back so almost any smash or aerial can kill at high percents (or at least send them flying far enough to kill off the stage). Dolphin slash out of the shield is supposedly great for killing at high percents but I haven't had much success with this so far. Something you might want to try, though.

For the spike, I always try to jump or double jump just before it to make sure I don't fall after I use it. If you hang on the ledge, you can let go and then quickly double jump, followed by the spike and then dolphin slash back on to the stage. I find this useful if the opponent is directly below the ledge planning to recover straight up.

AuraMarth

Smash Apprentice
Read the M2K and FEL guides first. I find myself killing the most with fsmash tip, dsmash and fair.

Top Bottom