• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best FG scrub killers?

nubilepoopile

Smash Cadet
I'm interested in knowing what some of the best characters are for dealing with B-spamming Links, C-Sticking Macs, flow chart ZSS, etc are. I picked up Falco a week or so ago, and on top of being really rewarding and fun to play, he destroys lame players. Lasers and shine cover roll spam, projectile camping and brain dead approaches, while his combo throws allow you to rack up fast damage and he has so many options for getting people off-stage quickly, not to mention possibly the most disrespectful kill throw in any Smash game.

Thoughts?

1FC0

Smash Lord
Links are easy just powershield their projectiles. Even online I can often powershield consistently. I love slowly walking to projectile campers while powershielding all their projectiles and then just grabbing them. It makes me feel unstoppable!

Also I feel really pro when he just stands still hoping his Hylian Shield will protext him from my laser but then my laser hits his feet.

nubilepoopile

Smash Cadet
I just can't powershield against the arrow, I think I have a mental block on it or something. I love playing Fox against them though, putting up my reflector when they take out the bow and waiting to see who lets go of the B button first.

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I just use Ryu and Palutena against the over aggressive players and spammers respectively. Ryu already kills everybody at 75%, and it's even easier to do that on players who make bad decisions all the time. Palutena on the other hand is extremely resistant to even solid zoning due to the way her moveset was designed, so she has no issues dealing with players who just use projectiles for no rhyme or reason.

rjpageuk

Smash Cadet
Any other character is good vs "scrub" players since by definition they are bad at the game and so easily exploited (especially if they keep doing the same moves over and over).

Maybe if you are having trouble beating them it is because they are better at the game than you?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I'm interested in knowing what some of the best characters are for dealing with B-spamming Links, C-Sticking Macs, flow chart ZSS, etc are. I picked up Falco a week or so ago, and on top of being really rewarding and fun to play, he destroys lame players. Lasers and shine cover roll spam, projectile camping and brain dead approaches, while his combo throws allow you to rack up fast damage and he has so many options for getting people off-stage quickly, not to mention possibly the most disrespectful kill throw in any Smash game.

Thoughts?
Falco i was just gonna say is really deadly if you get really good with him expecially now since he got buffed.

If he gets buffed again hes gonna be crazy.

Also i have seen a huge rise in metaknight players on FG did he get buffed hard or sumfn?

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Roy is a good "scrub killer" since FG players still try to airdodge after his Dthrow, just charge an Fsmash and kill them at 60%

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
:4dedede:Dedede works surprisingly well once you manage to get close.
:4sheik: Sheik works too, because you can rush them down easily, and getting the kill is easier than against good players.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
If I run into those type of fighters, I just work around their playing style and try to beat them down. And if they win by doing what they do, I go Bowser and Bowsercide when I can.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
I enjoy using Jigglypuff against overly agressive players, it's very easy to run away and bait stupid decisions, and all it takes is rest to punish a predictable roll with a KO

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Wario's bike is perfect for reading rolls and it goes through most projectiles. His air speed allows him to easily approach characters like Link and his recovery allows him to gimp Little Mac easily. His waft charges constantly which forces opponents to get up close and fight you.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Mewtwo annihilates scrubs on FG. Just charge up a Shadow Ball and throw it at them while they're mid-air dodge lag. If they also do a move with high end lag, you can punish with disable. My win rate with Mewtwo is extraordinarily high on FG just because I'm really good at punishing mediocre to bad players.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Any other character is good vs "scrub" players since by definition they are bad at the game and so easily exploited (especially if they keep doing the same moves over and over).

Maybe if you are having trouble beating them it is because they are better at the game than you?
Nope. 4/10 for trying tho.

Scrubglory is actually what happens when a roll or spam happy player fights you with an imperfect connection (just ok). That means those who are passive will be rewarded with easy punishes. Best case scenario is you put in 90% of the match's total effort and win. Worst case is you lose because rollag top tiers too strong to handle.

Winning by fighting is the only mutually fun way to play a fighting game. Put a scrub against another and watch how quick they change their playstyle. . . Unless they just want ez wins and 0 effort losses then ew idk wat do dey nid adults in dere lyf.

Top Bottom