• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best CPU Character?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
So, I am always interesting in things like the best CPU character, and as Amiibo are launching soon I started thinking -
"I wonder which standard CPU has the best match-ups".

Now my initial research has been limited to only the first wave of Amiibo, and I have no idea if this "research" is even relevant to Amiibo because we still don't really understand how the AI learn. But it could still be useful to anyone entering a CPU only tournament or something, I guess.

I guess I am posting this in-case anyone is interested in what I have found so far, or maybe if anyone wants to join in to complete the data faster.

The potential match-ups jump massively the more characters that are added into it. 12 Characters (the amount in the first wave of Amiibo) is 66 match-ups, not including dittos. 18 Characters, (first and second wave) is 153 match-ups, and at 50 characters, 1225 match-ups.

So how have I been doing this?

1v1 99 stock matches on Final Destination. Just letting it run while I am at work or sleeping to and then taking note of the results.

I have done Mario's match-ups versus all of the other starter Amiibo characters. I then look at the results, picked the character who had the best result versus Mario and so far, cherry picked a mix of characters Mario did good/bad/average against, just to see what the results were like.

The image below are my current results. Red is a Loss, Green is a Win, and I have chosen Blue to represent what I feel to be inconclusive/even results. (within-5 KO's of each other).
matchup.png

If you do want to help fill this information out with me, please post which matchup you are going to do so that others do not overlap with you.

Again the rules I used are -

99 Stock
0 Time
No Items
FD Only.

Top Bottom