• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Combo After Breaking Shield?

Aftermath

Smash Champion
This is nice and flashy, with no chance of escape, I like it. I think the fact that there's not an opportunity to smash DI out of it makes it preferable to many other options one could come up with. Dair to beam should be more damage (41%) and pretty guaranteed at lower %s.

Intuition says that the usmash could get smash DI'd out of, even with the bomb, since the opponent just has to avoid the last hit.
You might try bomb, missile, then dtilt? Your bomb/missile opener is great. Following up with sex kick or fair should lead to some pretty good % as well.

Litt

Samus
This is nice and flashy, with no chance of escape, I like it. I think the fact that there's not an opportunity to smash DI out of it makes it preferable to many other options one could come up with. Dair to beam should be more damage (41%) and pretty guaranteed at lower %s.

Intuition says that the usmash could get smash DI'd out of, even with the bomb, since the opponent just has to avoid the last hit.
You might try bomb, missile, then dtilt? Your bomb/missile opener is great. Following up with sex kick or fair should lead to some pretty good % as well.
timing on the bomb to missile is pretty tight, but i agree it can prob lead to a fair wall up ward to 24 damage from that

cisyphus

Smash Ace
It should still work. The situation is that down air pops them into the air, and then you bomb underneath them so that it pops both of you up, and bombjump is interruptible the frame after the explosion. I can see down air not working but nair definitely combos after bomb lmao.

Litt

Samus
It should still work. The situation is that down air pops them into the air, and then you bomb underneath them so that it pops both of you up, and bombjump is interruptible the frame after the explosion. I can see down air not working but nair definitely combos after bomb lmao.
Dair bomb nair doesnt do as much damage or knock back... 33% vs 36%

Last edited:

Aftermath

Smash Champion
If you get both hits of bomb it's 37%, knockback obviously not as good as the beam, though. Should be viable at lower %s, when they're under a platform that stops the bomb drop, or you don't have a beam. Also helps that the tech requirement is lower, but I remember being pretty bad at landing the bomb sex kick when DI was involved.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
If you get both hits of bomb it's 37%, knockback obviously not as good as the beam, though. Should be viable at lower %s, when they're under a platform that stops the bomb drop, or you don't have a beam. Also helps that the tech requirement is lower, but I remember being pretty bad at landing the bomb sex kick when DI was involved.
Pretty sure if they are good enough they can sdi the bomb hit to the left or right and avoid the nair

cisyphus

Smash Ace
I mean, I doubt they'd go for that unless you're bomb nair'ing them a whole bunch. If they mess it up and get hit by nair it's also really poor DI.

Top Bottom