• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best COM level?

Linkkicksu

Smash Rookie
I know that ideally, you want to practice against real players, but since I don't get to play against anyone too often, I need to practice against COMs.
I've been practicing against Lv9s, but recently I read that Lv9 specifically always DI's towards the middle of the stage.

So, I was wondering if Lv9 isn't the best to practice against, what is?
Anyone got any recommendation?

ThunderCat

Smash Cadet
I've heard that m2k believes lvl 7's di the most "naturally" but I can't confirm. Most people say to practice against all thw different lvls of ai. If you can somehow get access to the 20XX hackpack the bots are great since they mixup di and they tech

桃姫 - Momoki

Smash Rookie
Just echoing what this person has said. If you have the possibility, download the 20XX hack pack if you can only train with AIs most of the time. The pack was updated last month I believe, with some amazing improvements in the AI. As for the new AI, they DI randomly, don't spam jab as the original melee AI and do some more advanced techs like waveshine, wavedash, SHFFL and so on. If you cannot download the hack pack, I also have heard that lvl 7 AI is the best to train with in the original game.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Just netplay and 20xx AI. Not hard to download that hackpack and install. They even have the batch installer now that does the work for you.

KlWl

El Kiwi ᴶᴰ
I tried all of the levels. IMO, level 4 does the best of mixing up DI. The only problem is that sometimes I find the AI not DI'ing at all and chaingrabbing is easy. But right when I think the AI isnt going to DI, it does in an unexpected manner

Linkkicksu

Smash Rookie
I got the 20XX pack, but it seems to make the AI more stupid.
I went against a falco that would just spam lasers or airdodge when off stage instead of recovering, even though an up+b or side+b could save them easily.
All I really saw them do techwise is multishining for no reason while I was recovering.

桃姫 - Momoki

Smash Rookie
I got the 20XX pack, but it seems to make the AI more stupid.
I went against a falco that would just spam lasers or airdodge when off stage instead of recovering, even though an up+b or side+b could save them easily.
All I really saw them do techwise is multishining for no reason while I was recovering.
The pack you are talking about is the newest version (4.05)? Because the most recent version made huge improvements to the AI, where they try to choose the optimal move, instead of just SDing every time.

Last edited:

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
level 3 is the best, mixes up chaingrab DI really well and away and towards DI

Top Bottom