• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best character TAS-wise?

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
What would it be? when WiiU tas would be accessible of course :p
For me, definitely Ryu, Peach and Rosalina, not sheik at all (easy bake combos).
Ryu is technical as crud and his combos are way too hard (for me at least) XD

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ryu, definitely. He's got a high skill ceiling.
You're underestimating Sheik, though. Her combos may be "easy," because they're plain good not just easy to execute. Also a lot of perfect pivoting stuff that can be used to expand the combos many fold is very useful with Sheik. That'll be far easier with TAS.

Last edited:

MrMajora

Smash Rookie
the best TAS character would be the character with the best frame data, regardless if you think someone would be good or not, if you properly space(you will if it's TAS)/have faster moves. you're going to beat out every character. not saying it's going to look pretty. then theres also looking at perfect shielding, and what that would do. airdodging exact frames, you can't look at just one character, you have to look at both characters that are fighting. if one character has an attack that has frame advantage over the other, that outspaces the other, and is safe even on perfect shield, then TAS that character would win in every situation if the attack covers enough. and if the opponent has to attack from the air, they better have anything thats safe on perfect shield, because if they don't they'll never be able to beat the other character.

Last edited:

aidspup

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aidspup
3DS FC
0688-5524-0749
Shiek, or any other character with barely any lag on his/her moveset

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Yea, Sheik was the first character to come into mind since she's pretty lagless already. Other choices would probably be Mario imo but not as sure.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
TAS vs Perfect Frame bots?
It'd have to be someone with really good frame data. Sheik for sure.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Played at a TAS level, you have to understand that moves that do not hit on frame 1 or have frame 1 invincibility are basically useless since they'll be powershielded on reaction, and hitting on f1 is way better than being invincible since the invincibility just allows you to force stalemates. I'm pretty sure with frame perfect SDI and such Pac-Man's up-B is often unsafe on hit so he's kinda out too; the only two reasonable characters in this setting are Little Mac and Zero Suit Samus with their frame 1 jabs. Little Mac also has a f1 invincible move which is pretty great, but Zero Suit Samus I believe has slightly more range on jab and a faster walk speed (Mac has a faster run speed, but that's not super useful in TAS). It would probably take substantial exploration to determine which is better between the two of them, but what is clear is that the two of them would thoroughly decimate all of the other characters in a TAS setting.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Let me just say something:

Everything slower than F1 is going to be powershielded. EVERYTHING. Rest is frame 2 frame 1 invincible rip

Little Mac has a F1 jab, and i think ZSS does too. There you go. Your 2 viable characters.

I'd also like to mention that any kill move with an SDI modifier isn't going to kill because you would SDI into the part of the stage that will let you tech (hit by Warlock Punch? TASDI into the corner opposite him and tech). If Lightning Kick hits or something, it has no SDI modifier so your only chance is to hope you're under 80%.

This is assuming said moves hit, which they won't because they'll be powershielded and punsished accordingly by lag. jumping is suicide because you lose your glorious shield and are now vulnerable to hits of F4 or quickier, and even then airdodge can be baited and punished. Which is why Little Mac is truly good: His ground game. His jab is not only F1, it doesn't have enough SDI to get you out in the frames you have to avoid the second hit, which forces you to either take the third hit, or airdodge and take more than 20%. I don'[t know enough about ZSS or her jab to judge whether she could SDI trap the opponent similarly.

Little Mac also has F1 invincible Up-B, so he can't even be hit. Any situation in which you are willing to commit to a move with more than 7 frames earns you a body blow to the... well, body. I don't even know about ZSS's SDI modifiers considering how little I use her, but their jabs and punish game are enough to make them so much better than the others in a TAS environment that SSF2T Akuma is quite literally Dan in comparison to how much they destroy their own meta.

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
I'm talking about "impressive-wise", and don't forget that Ryu might do not have f1 attacks, but he has f2 or f3 (jab, utilt weak & weak dtilt), and he can basically zero to death if on TAS, no matter the powershield. Same goes with peach, her infinites would be amazing TAS wise :p

Top Bottom