• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Best character for classic 9.0 no customization?

koen_happy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-8990-5213
I'm using Ike. He's pretty good and I can reach Master and Crazy hand easily but I always lose during the final battle so which character good for this challenge?

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I used Wario in classic 9.0 for both the no-customs and one-stock challenges (in separate runs.) I explain in detail in another thread why he and his bike are so good for both Master Core and Master Fortress. If you ignore the custom equipment I mention in that thread, the same basic concepts still apply since I do not alter his moveset at all.

If Wario does not work for you, consider someone heavier like DK. Some others have had success with Ness since he can heal from the projectiles fired by the giant swords. YMMV.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I almost did it with Palutena, but I was in a so defensive method that at part of Master Core the time runned out :(

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Shulk is probably the best Classic mode character for these challenges just because his counter destroys MC. Monado arts are also pretty great for playing keep away in the inevitable 8-man match and Buster + Utilts vs Master Shadow is basically a win button. Fully charged Buster Usmash also one-shots the cores in Master Fortress so you can skip the enemies that spawn after a solid hit.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I somehow managed to complete 9.0 with no customs as Robin. Nosferatu really works wonders while traversing the Master Fortress to prevent yourself from dying to the danger zones.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I did that in co-op mode with my brother. I was playing as King Dedede, he was playing as Bowser, we just spammed slow, strong attacks and that was it. It is also made easy because when one player dies, the other can still fight.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I beat 9.0 with Charizard. Rock Smash is amazing against Master/Crazy Hand and most of Master Core's forms.

Hydreigon360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydreigon360
Shulk easily is the best character. CPU's are easy to fight, so using his Monado arts won't have much of a drawback. However, what makes him excellent for classic mode is that on the final boss Shulk can use buster mode to quickly destroy HP and kill all the bosses quickly without having to worry about knock-back when using buster mode

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
I just beat this challenge with Ganondorf last night, after multiple attempts. I was as careful as I could be with the various Master Core forms, and it paid off.

Now, what I'd really like to do is beat the no-deaths challenge without customs. No luck so far, but I didn't try as many times as with this challenge (though I guess you might say I was trying for both with this one, anyway).

Meep3960

Smash Rookie
In a 9.0 solo smash, I had used pikachu, which tackled most of the 1v1's up to master/crazy. I defeated them no problem, using mostly smash attacks, then MC was the hard part. I found it to be crucial to dodge, especially with Kirby/Pikachu, and especially on the Knife Fight. Past that is no problem though!

Top Bottom