• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Best Capture Card For Steaming?

Enamored

Smash Rookie
Planning on getting a capture card for v-day but have no idea which to get my S/O.

Pls halp. ♥

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I always hear that Elgato Systems Game Capture HD is the goto capture card. Whether it be for PlayStation, WiiU, or anything else. That might be your best bet.

EDIT: Oh, and it should be worth noting that the one called HD60 will record the gameplay at 60 fps. I don't know if that matters to your S/O, but just so you know your options.

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
Another option that I could recommend is the Hauppauge hd pvr 2. Its been in the market for some time (so you can find it at a cheaper price) but with the updates you can stream and capture video. I have it and it is easy to use and it records 1080p video from anything (be it Xbox, Playstation, or Wii) reliably. It even has a button to instantly start recording without booting up the software that comes with it.

The only complain that I have with it is that if you record video for long periods of time it overheats like crazy and when it overheats it stops recording. An easy fix for this is to just flip the capture card upside down.

D

Deleted member

I always hear that Elgato Systems Game Capture HD is the goto capture card. Whether it be for PlayStation, WiiU, or anything else. That might be your best bet.

EDIT: Oh, and it should be worth noting that the one called HD60 will record the gameplay at 60 fps. I don't know if that matters to your S/O, but just so you know your options.
I have an Elgato Game Capture HD60. It's definitely very good if you want 60fps but it's not required.

Enamored

Smash Rookie
So general consensus is that Elgato HD60 is the best for streaming?

60fps is great considering he'd probably stream other games too.

Thanks everyone!

The HD60 OR HD60 Pro?

Edit: I decided to go with the HD60 Pro. Here's hoping he likes it. ♥

Last edited:
Top Bottom