• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Pit in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I heard him say "equipped!" and the rest got drowned out. I know you can choose the direction to shoot in. Good theory about being able to choose a projectile. Makes sense since I just spammed every button.
I definitely remember hearing that too. I know I also heard "Bye bye" at some point during the move. I'm thinking you pick arrows based on the direction you hold the stick, since that's how it's done in Uprising.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
*drools*

I'll try and get the damage values when I get a chance.

But the biggest thing I saw was that the Guardian Orbitars pushed the Sandbag with a wind effect. It's a fact there's multiple builds, but which version will we end up with?
His Upperdash arm also reflects projectiles.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh, so you posted the vid before me, sorry! I kinda posted it in the moveset discussion thread.
But anyways, I hope we get more Pit info, and some vids of some moves being executed well.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Here's that Pit footage I promised two days ago. I play as Pit in all of them except one. The camera quality varies from video to video cause someone different recorded it each time so I apologize for any bad quality.

Smash Run

Pit vs Luigi on Reset Bomb Forest (Quality is garbage >.<)

FFA on Skyloft

FFA on Boxing Ring

FFA on Wily's Castle (Not me playing)

FFA on Battlefield

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Here's that Pit footage I promised two days ago. I play as Pit in all of them except one. The camera quality varies from video to video cause someone different recorded it each time so I apologize for any bad quality.

Smash Run

Pit vs Luigi on Reset Bomb Forest (Quality is garbage >.<)

FFA on Skyloft

FFA on Boxing Ring

FFA on Wily's Castle (Not me playing)

FFA on Battlefield

That's alot of footage!

...But I can't watch at the moment.

Thanks in advance, though.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Hello, everyone. I'm new to this site, but I hope to be useful.
Has anyone heard Pit's new dodging sound effect? It's the same sound effect from Uprising! It's easiest to hear in the video, "Super Smash Bros for 3DS Gameplay #5 - Greninja v Pit." Can't link videos yet, but I can assure you it's there.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm gonna be mad at the Luigi and Mac for a bit in those vids, but order shall be restored in due time. With plenty of Pit data, I'm still confident that he overall is buffed, just with a bit of a different learning curve.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I'm gonna be mad at the Luigi and Mac for a bit in those vids, but order shall be restored in due time. With plenty of Pit data, I'm still confident that he overall is buffed, just with a bit of a different learning curve.
Haha. I'll be sure to let my friend know since he was playing as both of them.

Last edited:
A Few Things I'll note down when I played Pit at Best Buy:

Pit can survive easily up to 150%+ (That melee feel)

Getting knocked to the sides have a melee feel, you CAN reach back to the stage if you don't linger too long in the sides.

You can chain his A-string attack without it ending: It still creates that vacuum effect.

Using Pit's Downb works as a nice edgeguard to push opponents further away with that windgustbox.

His Fsmash is still powerful, and doesn't need to be fully charged for a KO.

Just because Link was good in the Anime, doesn't mean he's good against Pit in the actual smash: If you can read moves (predict).
You could say the same for Link, but Pit moves faster.

You can fthrow chain dash-attack to dtilt meteor smash for an easy kill still. (If timed correctly)
or fthrow fsmash to dash-attack to dtilt.

Up B recovery is almost like a glide, you can control it somewhat. (Like the other person said before kinda like fox's but you can)
Reason: Holding up during his recovery felt like how you would if you glided that way in brawl.

Ftilt is great for knockbacks, makes it a nice way to play safe. (especially against Marth's counter)

SideB Is not that slow, and can be fast, It's great for a startup move during the 3, 2, 1 GO! in FFAs.
It does have Sarmor in a way.

Also, I've like how they make the funny faces screen KO like melee had in a way.

back onto topic:

Overall Pit is definitely stronger than he was in brawl, even though his recovery & arrows are nerfed.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Nice infos thank you.

Link had to be good in the anime, because Palutena needed an opportunity for a good appearance. ^^ Maybe Pit will be better than Link ( maybe )... Outside of smash Pit is actually better. ^^

Can Pit really push oppenents further away or is he able to push further away only the punch bag? I felt in some videos that he pushes away the opponents but I'm not sure about that.But it would be very cool!

In Brawl Ness could that only with the punch bag. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom