• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Buy Demo Discussion - What do you think of Pit in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This thread is to discuss your thoughts on Pit from the playable demo at Best Buy. Please visit the other characters boards to discuss different characters.

---

With the playable demos on Wednesday, June 11 and Saturday, June 14, smashers who couldn't attend e3 will have the chance to experience Super Smash Brothers for the Wii U hands on for the first time.

- For information, Click here.
- To find a location near you, Click here.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sweet, I was thinking about making this.

Lemme think... We need to see his Dspecial in action. Power, how does it work in air, knockback.

We've seen that his Sspecial's armor isn't as potent as, say, Mac's. Perhaps some research on that...

We also know his fair is definitely the new spinning move, and is pretty fast too.

We need to see how charging arrows effects them, because they might get faster when charged.
Utilt's reach, ftilt's speed, attack's range in general...

And Uspecial. What happens when used on the ground? Does it hurt? What if you hit the ground? Cancel with an attack? What about when hit with an attack? Wind effect? Is using it for horizontal movement, mostly backwards, viable?

Well, I'll try and answer a few questions tomorrow. Hopefully I'm not missing anything important.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I'm in line right now, and I'll be recording it. Hopefully can get a chance to try out all his attacks in 2:00. I'll let you know my thoughts.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
iirc not all the costumes are in the demo build. Only a few for each, so no worries.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Heres my Pit thoughts from what I got to play. I should have a video of it up later. Can't garuntee it will be quality cause I didn;t record it myself.

Pit was eh. It was too chaotic for me to really do anything unfortunately but I'll try my best. His nair and uair seem bigger than Brawl. Upperdash Arm was fun to use. Didn't seem too powerful though. His new recovery seems crazy strong. Basically you hold the B button as you aim where you want to fly. It didn't seem like you can hold it very long though. Like less than a second. After you let go he will fly really far really fast. He can not attack out of it. Interesting to note that there was no Dark Pit palette available.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Heres my Pit thoughts from what I got to play. I should have a video of it up later. Can't garuntee it will be quality cause I didn;t record it myself.

Pit was eh. It was too chaotic for me to really do anything unfortunately but I'll try my best. His nair and uair seem bigger than Brawl. Upperdash Arm was fun to use. Didn't seem too powerful though. His new recovery seems crazy strong. Basically you hold the B button as you aim where you want to fly. It didn't seem like you can hold it very long though. Like less than a second. After you let go he will fly really far really fast. He can not attack out of it. Interesting to note that there was no Dark Pit palette available.
So the length of his Uspecial can be somewhat controlled by how long you hold the button?

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So the length of his Uspecial can be somewhat controlled by how long you hold the button?
Not sure about the length. I think he goes equally far no matter how long you hold the button. You hold the button so you can get like half a second to aim. I getting the footage off my phone now. Hopefully it's acceptable quality.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Not sure about the length. I think he goes equally far no matter how long you hold the button. You hold the button so you can get like half a second to aim. I getting the footage off my phone now. Hopefully it's acceptable quality.
Oh, so you can control a delay? That delay is probably more important then you think.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Possibly. To chaotic to tell and I wasn't gonna waste my two minutes just messing around with the up-b lol.

EDIT: Here's a video of me playing as Pit. You can see me scroll through all the color palettes before the match starts.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Arrows are awful now. Start-up is way worse, so is recovery, and they move slower.
F-tilt is godlike. Has IASA frames and amazing range. It's like Marth's d-tilt level of good.
Bair is still great, has seemingly very little landing lag.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Got to Best Buy at 10am today and me and my friend were the 4/5th in line. Unfortunately our rep didn't let us record (though I did see someone recording way later). Our Best Buy let us do two 2 minute matches and I had the chance to try out a match on the 3DS version. So I had three different chances to choose different characters. I chose Pit for every one, lol. Here are my thoughts.
Note that I haven't played Brawl competitively since 2012, and have a hard time recalling exactly how Pit moved and felt in that game because I'm so used to Project M Pit now. So I can't really make good comparisons with Brawl.
Also, forgive me if I give any incorrect info. I'm doing this all from memory of a very hectic day.

First off Pit looks REALLY good. Of course that's because the game itself looks fantastic. His colors are White, Red, Green, and Gold. His alternate colors are really enjoyable and I'll definitely be sticking to red like I do in PM (Green for Brawl). The red looks a lot better, and the gold is really nice too! Like other people pointed out, there's no black colored alt, giving a rise to even more questions about the appearance of Dark Pit yesterday.

About kill moves: Because Pit felt so different to me than what I was used to I think I only got like 1 or 2 kills in my first two matches. I had a very hard time getting kills off. His fair or nair certainly don't kill, but iirc I do think I got a kill with his dair on a player with high percent. My friend was using Wii Fit Trainer in the first match and I really wanted to get a kill on him so I started just going for dash>upsmash. I hit him at 110%, didn't kill. Hit again at 130%, didn't kill. Tried to get him again at a little higher percent and WFT was able to get out of the third hit of the upsmash. So honestly, I have no idea how to kill with this character yet. I'm sure bair is good, but I had trouble doing aerials without the cstick at the bottom of the controller.

Random move tidbits:
Jab: He keeps both his 3 hit slower jab with the jab finisher as well as his rapid succession one. You can actually hold rapid one for as long as you like. It will only go to the finisher when you let go of A.

Grab: I'm so used to PM that I only tried dthrows. I tried getting some followups on it but just couldn't make it happen. I saw someone do forward throw and both dthrow and fthrow were similar to Brawl's.

Neutral B (Arrows): Arrows are super short and don't travel too fast when you don't charge them. I couldn't even complete a loop with it. It has much tighter curves compared to Brawl (and PM) though. The cool thing is that if you charge them completely, they travel quick as lightning and hit pretty hard too. Couldn't pull off a loop with the charged ones though. It might be possible, but it'd be tough.

Up-B: I actually never used this move in my first two matches. Pit's four jumps were all I needed most the time. It reminds me a lot of Fox's Up B, where you can change the direction by moving the control stick around after you've pressed up-b. I couldn't get it to go completely horizontal but it came somewhat close. Don't think it has any kind of hitbox on it though.

Side-B (Upperdash Arm): Wow, this move is slow. I don't really see how it can be used well at all except with a hard read. I'm assuming it has some armor on it, but I never really tried it out that much. It seemed that if you use in near the edge and fall off, you can't move again and will die (very similar to Falcon's Side-B in Melee).

Down B (Guardian Orbitars): This move was a bummer to me. I meant to use it in the first two matches but it totally escaped my mind. So when I did my match in the 3DS mode I had about a minute or two to try out every move in his arsenal in a training room with sandbag. It didn't seem to have a single hitbox on it. It only pushed the sandbag away with a windbox. Maybe it does something different against an actual character, but I doubt it. It only seems to be good to reflect projectiles, but the way projectiles seem to be nerfed (something I'll touch on later) it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Probably only really useful in item play. Really hope someone proves me wrong on this. Didn't get the chance to think about how early I could get out of it. Sorry.

Up-Tilt: Gorgeous move animation wise. It actually has a decent amount of knockback and I wish I had tried out this move more. It might be able to kill, but I doubt it. Wish I had more time to use it. I think it had around 3 seperate hitboxes. I believe this move will be used much more than Brawl's Utilt.

F-tilt: I'm gonna guess that this move will be one of the most ESSENTIAL moves in Pit's arsenal. A really good amount of knockback if I remember correctly and it's range is nothing to scoff at either. The most important part is that you can reverse tilt VERY easily in this game. And reverse ftilt seems very scary for Pit's opponents. It's an immediate turnaround attack with a ton of range and good knockback. Really happy with this move.

D-tilt: Down tilt is one of my favorite attacks for Pit in Project M, but unfortunately I may never use it in Smash 4. It has a large amount of lag after the move is used and can easily be punished. Don't really remember how this sent opponents on hit, but it wasn't anything impressive.

USmash: Killing up in this game seems to be much more difficult compared to any other smash game which inherently gave a nerf to this move. As stated earlier it didn't kill Wii Fit Trainer when it connected at 130% on Battlefield.

FSmash: Similar to Brawl's. It has killing power, but also some endlag just like before. Nothing too interesting to say here.

DSmash: Also similar to Brawl's. Didn't really notice much difference.

Nair: Rarely used this move unfortunately, don't want to give wrong info on it. Didn't notice anything crazy with it except I thought it looked pretty cool.

Upair: I remember hitting a player when he was at low percent with this move. He got stuck in it for a while and he couldn't get out. Didn't really see the damage done but seems like a solid choice for when your opponent is above you at low percents.

Fair: It's basically what it looks like, a nair with an extended hitbox. The difference is that it does have some knockback to it that could probably kill an opponent at a pretty high percent. Might be good for off stage edgeguarding.

Dair: Does have lag like Brawl, but I don't think it had as much thankfully. I do think I got an upwards kill with this move too. Hopefully it'll be useful for Pit mains.

Voice: Definitely voiced by Antony Del Rio, thank goodness! People will DEFINITELY find his voice annoying. But if you're a KIU fan, you'll fall in love instantly. Couldn't hear that much clearly except one of his death screams which was loud and clear, lol.

Taunts: Same exact animations for each taunt but different sayings. His up taunt (I think?) is the same where you lift his wings and doesn't say anything. His side taunt is the same except he says "Is that all you got?" or something to that extent (I was literally putting my ear on the 3DS, lol) and he says "come on!" on his down taunt. Sorry if I misheard any of these.

Other stuff:
Him getting squished at the front of the screen after getting killed is just as funny as everyone elses.
He keeps his same 8-bit swing style when he gets the hammer item.
His winning pose on the 3DS wasn't anything too special, just him swinging his bow around (still a lot of fun to see). Couldn't tell it he said anything though, it was too loud.
We've mentioned this in other threads, but projectiles seem to be nerfed in this game. I literally cancelled out Megaman's charged f-smash with a single jab. Not sure what this means for arrows.
Magnus is an assist trophy. He showed up in my second game. Happy he's in the game even if just an assist trophy.

If you have any questions, I'll see if I can answer them.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Possibly. To chaotic to tell and I wasn't gonna waste my two minutes just messing around with the up-b lol.

EDIT: Here's a video of me playing as Pit. You can see me scroll through all the color palettes before the match starts.

Is it just me, or can you act out of Pit's fair crazy fast?

Got to Best Buy at 10am today and me and my friend were the 4/5th in line. Unfortunately our rep didn't let us record (though I did see someone recording way later). Our Best Buy let us do two 2 minute matches and I had the chance to try out a match on the 3DS version. So I had three different chances to choose different characters. I chose Pit for every one, lol. Here are my thoughts.
Note that I haven't played Brawl competitively since 2012, and have a hard time recalling exactly how Pit moved and felt in that game because I'm so used to Project M Pit now. So I can't really make good comparisons with Brawl.
Also, forgive me if I give any incorrect info. I'm doing this all from memory of a very hectic day.

First off Pit looks REALLY good. Of course that's because the game itself looks fantastic. His colors are White, Red, Green, and Gold. His alternate colors are really enjoyable and I'll definitely be sticking to red like I do in PM (Green for Brawl). The red looks a lot better, and the gold is really nice too! Like other people pointed out, there's no black colored alt, giving a rise to even more questions about the appearance of Dark Pit yesterday.

About kill moves: Because Pit felt so different to me than what I was used to I think I only got like 1 or 2 kills in my first two matches. I had a very hard time getting kills off. His fair or nair certainly don't kill, but iirc I do think I got a kill with his dair on a player with high percent. My friend was using Wii Fit Trainer in the first match and I really wanted to get a kill on him so I started just going for dash>upsmash. I hit him at 110%, didn't kill. Hit again at 130%, didn't kill. Tried to get him again at a little higher percent and WFT was able to get out of the third hit of the upsmash. So honestly, I have no idea how to kill with this character yet. I'm sure bair is good, but I had trouble doing aerials without the cstick at the bottom of the controller.

Random move tidbits:
Jab: He keeps both his 3 hit slower jab with the jab finisher as well as his rapid succession one. You can actually hold rapid one for as long as you like. It will only go to the finisher when you let go of A.

Grab: I'm so used to PM that I only tried dthrows. I tried getting some followups on it but just couldn't make it happen. I saw someone do forward throw and both dthrow and fthrow were similar to Brawl's.

Neutral B (Arrows): Arrows are super short and don't travel too fast when you don't charge them. I couldn't even complete a loop with it. It has much tighter curves compared to Brawl (and PM) though. The cool thing is that if you charge them completely, they travel quick as lightning and hit pretty hard too. Couldn't pull off a loop with the charged ones though. It might be possible, but it'd be tough.

Up-B: I actually never used this move in my first two matches. Pit's four jumps were all I needed most the time. It reminds me a lot of Fox's Up B, where you can change the direction by moving the control stick around after you've pressed up-b. I couldn't get it to go completely horizontal but it came somewhat close. Don't think it has any kind of hitbox on it though.

Side-B (Upperdash Arm): Wow, this move is slow. I don't really see how it can be used well at all except with a hard read. I'm assuming it has some armor on it, but I never really tried it out that much. It seemed that if you use in near the edge and fall off, you can't move again and will die (very similar to Falcon's Side-B in Melee).

Down B (Guardian Orbitars): This move was a bummer to me. I meant to use it in the first two matches but it totally escaped my mind. So when I did my match in the 3DS mode I had about a minute or two to try out every move in his arsenal in a training room with sandbag. It didn't seem to have a single hitbox on it. It only pushed the sandbag away with a windbox. Maybe it does something different against an actual character, but I doubt it. It only seems to be good to reflect projectiles, but the way projectiles seem to be nerfed (something I'll touch on later) it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Probably only really useful in item play. Really hope someone proves me wrong on this. Didn't get the chance to think about how early I could get out of it. Sorry.

Up-Tilt: Gorgeous move animation wise. It actually has a decent amount of knockback and I wish I had tried out this move more. It might be able to kill, but I doubt it. Wish I had more time to use it. I think it had around 3 seperate hitboxes. I believe this move will be used much more than Brawl's Utilt.

F-tilt: I'm gonna guess that this move will be one of the most ESSENTIAL moves in Pit's arsenal. A really good amount of knockback if I remember correctly and it's range is nothing to scoff at either. The most important part is that you can reverse tilt VERY easily in this game. And reverse ftilt seems very scary for Pit's opponents. It's an immediate turnaround attack with a ton of range and good knockback. Really happy with this move.

D-tilt: Down tilt is one of my favorite attacks for Pit in Project M, but unfortunately I may never use it in Smash 4. It has a large amount of lag after the move is used and can easily be punished. Don't really remember how this sent opponents on hit, but it wasn't anything impressive.

USmash: Killing up in this game seems to be much more difficult compared to any other smash game which inherently gave a nerf to this move. As stated earlier it didn't kill Wii Fit Trainer when it connected at 130% on Battlefield.

FSmash: Similar to Brawl's. It has killing power, but also some endlag just like before. Nothing too interesting to say here.

DSmash: Also similar to Brawl's. Didn't really notice much difference.

Nair: Rarely used this move unfortunately, don't want to give wrong info on it. Didn't notice anything crazy with it except I thought it looked pretty cool.

Upair: I remember hitting a player when he was at low percent with this move. He got stuck in it for a while and he couldn't get out. Didn't really see the damage done but seems like a solid choice for when your opponent is above you at low percents.

Fair: It's basically what it looks like, a nair with an extended hitbox. The difference is that it does have some knockback to it that could probably kill an opponent at a pretty high percent. Might be good for off stage edgeguarding.

Dair: Does have lag like Brawl, but I don't think it had as much thankfully. I do think I got an upwards kill with this move too. Hopefully it'll be useful for Pit mains.

Voice: Definitely voiced by Antony Del Rio, thank goodness! People will DEFINITELY find his voice annoying. But if you're a KIU fan, you'll fall in love instantly. Couldn't hear that much clearly except one of his death screams which was loud and clear, lol.

Taunts: Same exact animations for each taunt but different sayings. His up taunt (I think?) is the same where you lift his wings and doesn't say anything. His side taunt is the same except he says "Is that all you got?" or something to that extent (I was literally putting my ear on the 3DS, lol) and he says "come on!" on his down taunt. Sorry if I misheard any of these.

Other stuff:
Him getting squished at the front of the screen after getting killed is just as funny as everyone elses.
He keeps his same 8-bit swing style when he gets the hammer item.
His winning pose on the 3DS wasn't anything too special, just him swinging his bow around (still a lot of fun to see). Couldn't tell it he said anything though, it was too loud.
We've mentioned this in other threads, but projectiles seem to be nerfed in this game. I literally cancelled out Megaman's charged f-smash with a single jab. Not sure what this means for arrows.
Magnus is an assist trophy. He showed up in my second game. Happy he's in the game even if just an assist trophy.

If you have any questions, I'll see if I can answer them.
That's quite a bit to take in.

Charging arrows makes them faster? I almost can't believe we speculated that correctly... Farther too, right?

Uspecial couldn't go completely sideways? Perhaps the lack of the notches messed you up.

Sspecial isn't the most impressive thing. I didn't have high hopes, but it'll occasionally be useful. Like using it as an alternate recovery, or hitting a getup attack. Does it ledge snap?

Dspecial... Dang, I had high hopes for this. My friend caught that it didn't do damage during the tournament, but it almost surely did in an old clip. What's up with this move, anyway?

Sounds like Utilt and Dtilt's usefulness got switched. Unless Pit's Dtilt got changed in PM, but I'm doubtful. I'll miss surprising people with Dtilts on slants, if it's as bad as you say. Ftilt sounds awesome too.

Combined with the fact that SDI was removed, and I'd say Pitty is looking great. Can't wait to try this weekend.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Is it just me, or can you act out of Pit's fair crazy fast?

Uspecial couldn't go completely sideways? Perhaps the lack of the notches messed you up.
Sorry don't remember. I wasn't paying much attention to that type of stuff. Watching the video I do get f-smash out pretty fast after landing so maybe.

And at 1:50 in my video that's as horizontal as I got him to go with his up-b. @ Sharkz Sharkz is that how horizontal you got it?

Last edited:

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Charging arrows makes them faster? I almost can't believe we speculated that correctly... Farther too, right?
Yeah,stronger, further, and much much faster. Now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing the arrow actually disappear when I charged it fully.

It's definitely possible, especially considering that I was testing it with the 3DS, but I don't think so. I gave it about 4-5 straight tries and I couldn't make it go completely sideways.

And at 1:50 in my video that's as horizontal as I got him to go with his up-b. @ Sharkz Sharkz is that how horizontal you got it?
Yep, that's the same angle as I got.

Sspecial isn't the most impressive thing. I didn't have high hopes, but it'll occasionally be useful. Like using it as an alternate recovery, or hitting a getup attack. Does it ledge snap?
One of the main things I meant to do when I was there was to see if the Upperdash Arm did ledge snap. And now that you mentioned it, I just realized I totally forgot to check D:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Was watching Treehouse play, and the Guardian Orbitars did 3%. How in the heck does this move work!

And charged arrows go fast. Like, faster then Brawl's. They look really easy to aim too.

But dang, his bair looks weak. Hit Villager somewhere around 90% and didn't KO. This might be the weird DI I've been hearing about though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Pit's Side special can deflect projectiles. He actually deflects Mega Man's F-smash
0:51

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pit's Side special can deflect projectiles. He actually deflects Mega Man's F-smash
0:51
This happened in the Direct too. So we know it's not a freak thing now.
Hm, I thought it was just going to solid projectiles. I wonder if it's specific attacks that deflect projectiles, because ZSS deflected Gordos awhile back.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Hm, I thought it was just going to solid projectiles. I wonder if it's specific attacks that deflect projectiles, because ZSS deflected Gordos awhile back.
Well I literally stopped Mega Man's charged F Smash projectile with a single jab. Not a deflection, but projectiles are definitely nerfed in general.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well I literally stopped Mega Man's charged F Smash projectile with a single jab. Not a deflection, but projectiles are definitely nerfed in general.
Wow... I can't decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing. They might even bring back Melee's reflecting perfect shields at this rate.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
From Gamespot, heres some direct audio with Pit.

Main things i noticed, after he lands upperdash arm midair, he is not rendered helpless. and gets a bair out before hitting the ground. When he wins he says "It's game over for you"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We need more lovely Pit vids like this, with great audio and him winning. However, i fear that he may not get as much attention as I thought, not just because of the newcomers. I must find the great potential of his other moves, including them Guardian Orbitars.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
We need more lovely Pit vids like this, with great audio and him winning. However, i fear that he may not get as much attention as I thought, not just because of the newcomers. I must find the great potential of his other moves, including them Guardian Orbitars.
GOs are confirmed to reflect projectiles

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Just played the demos again. I used Pit for smash run and the Wii U and recorded it. I'll upload it when I get back. Warning though i played like garbage in the Wii U one lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really wanna see Pit win more, and check out some other moves, like his throws, and I'm sure his B-air is the same.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Just got back. I managed to win one game (somehow). I think most of you will be most interested in the Smash Run video. That's where I messed with the Pit the most. The other one's are just me being terrible in the multiplayer lol. I'll upload them shortly.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I tried out Pit at the Nintendo Direct, and he generally feels more aggressive then Brawl. The main thing being that you can't rely on arrows since they've been slowed down, meaning you'll have to use them more so for mix-ups instead of camping or spacing. Generally his standard attacks feel like they sport longer range and his varies attacks feel like they sync better and sport more weight in their movement. Generally Pit is less passive from what I've tried.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I got back from the demo and found some important stuff.

The bad: Pit's Uspecial can't go completely sideways, or any angle lower. A shame, it would of been great to divebomb platforms and use it for quick escapes.
The Guardian Orbitars are still as jainky as they appear. If I had to guess, they do damage only when coming out.
His Dtilt is as slow as I've heard.
And lastly, the lag on his arrows is horrible. They're basically unuseable in FFAs.

The good: The Upperdash Arm ledge snaps, doesn't have alot of lag if it misses and even less if it hits, can be used to bounce off of players when used in the air, is fast enough to recover over the unsuspecting and falls on a sharp diagonal AND even has little landing lag to boot, and you can even jump and recover after using it in the air! But he falls reeeeeally far. Like, far enough to where his Uspecial can't make it back. Trust me, I know. This thing is insanely versatile! Pit's recovery is still basically unstoppable in the right hands.
Ftilt is pure win. About as fast as his Brawl Dtilt and has Marth-like range.
Fair has great KO potential for a Fair with this kind of reach. It's his new Bair!
Usmash and Fsmash are definitely faster.
And finally, Pit's moves overall have better range. Marth won't be so high-and-mighty now!

Also if anybody can still try the demo, make sure he gets his recovery back when he's hit out of it!

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I repped the gold Pit (shoutouts to @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit ) for a couple of games.

-As mentioned, solid range.
-Ftilt is amazing like mentioned. I also had good use of his Utilt as well.
-Arrows are laggy as mentioned, but I found them decent from the ledge. Jump up, fire an arrow, drop down, repeat.
-Pit is REALLY good off stage. You can hang back for a while, using his solid disjoints and his arrows to safely make your way back
-On that note, also very good chasing off stage as well. Got lots of Bair chains into death, as well as just Bair kills in general
-Not useful, but I managed to avoid an entire Sonic Final Smash by air dodging and staying below the ledge lolol.

I didn't even plan to use Pit tbqh, but I REALLY liked him. Very solid character, and I can't wait to put real time into him without FFA nonsense and items everywhere.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wish that footage was recorded. D:
I'm enjoying the recent Pit data, as it really is turning out that he's better than many have thought since his Up-B and Arrows were considered to be nerfed. I hope he'll be great in the finalized version, to give Pit-kun hope.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
I got Pit's Final Smash today. He says something like "Bye bye now" when he starts it. Then I kind of have no idea what happened. It seems like he'll just auto fire projectiles and then end with the laser shower. I didn't any of the different arrows Pit shot in the direct, and I saw saw someone else use it and he got different arrow shots, so I guess you're able to choose what type of arrow to fire.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I got Pit's Final Smash today. He says something like "Bye bye now" when he starts it. Then I kind of have no idea what happened. It seems like he'll just auto fire projectiles and then end with the laser shower. I didn't any of the different arrows Pit shot in the direct, and I saw saw someone else use it and he got different arrow shots, so I guess you're able to choose what type of arrow to fire.
I heard him say "equipped!" and the rest got drowned out. I know you can choose the direction to shoot in. Good theory about being able to choose a projectile. Makes sense since I just spammed every button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom