• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Aerial

Best Aerial

• Nair

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Fair

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Bair

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Uair

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dair

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Furret24

Smash Master
I'm sure you Little Mac mains are aware of how bad his aerial game is. Which of them is the best though?

I think it's fair with nair in a close second. Fair has actual launching ability while nair is mad fast and can gimp.

Edit: Now I think it's nair.

Last edited:

Gavi1195

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gavi1195
3DS FC
3024-8441-4898
From experience, it depends on the purpose.

My vote goes to: F-air, Nair, Bair and D-Air

Fair is because it has enough Knockback for certain gimps and can be used for Combo's if used correctly.

Nair is because it can stop juggles if the opponent is trying to assault you on the air and also combo to the ground and lead to a rapid jab infinite (Although it's difficult) (This is also besides the other cool **** it can do)

B-air because it can actually Gimp opponents if you use it to gimp with the stage if they don't tech it. It carries a big risk since you can be gimped yourself if the opponent knows what they are doing.

D-Air is because not only is it the only move that jab locks and leads to good punishes, but is also, against certain recoveries, his only efficient Air Gimp. (Ex. Falco, Fox, DK, etc.)

As for U-Air. It's pretty useless. The only time I ever see it used effectively is as a quick poking tool to earn some extra damage in very specific scenarios.

Those are my thoughts. Hope it was useful :)

Last edited:

Laitome

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-0929-1203
In your list nair, in mine Up-B.

Nair is Macs only aerial with decent frame data. Comes out in two frames (faster than d-tilt and up-B) low recovery time even if you land, footstool elevators, combo breaker, and combo starter.

Fair comes out frame 6 I believe? and its only usage is in d-tilt strings that aren't even guaranteed and side or up B are better follow ups since they deal more damage and are actual combos.

Uair has only one utility that being platform pressure and it sucks at that too.

Dair is only good for jab locks but if your opponent is competent at teching, what's the point?

Bair is basically fair just stronger and higher knockback in exchange for a crapton more recovery

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
i think there's a lot of generalization going on in this thread. mac's aerials are terrible, but they have to be explored in order for the meta to advance. just wanted to talk about u-air since it's probably the least used. depending on DI/percent, up tilt will string into u-air (if they DI towards mac and b-air won't catch). landing u-air strings into up-B at decent percents. if used properly, u-air actually has less endlag if you incur landing lag vs. completing the animation in the air.

...and while i'm posting, i'll just note that f-air, b-air, and d-air can autocancel from short hops, and u-air only autocancels from a full hop.

Top Bottom