• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Aerial

Best Aerial

• Neutral Air (Tropical Fish)

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Forward Air (Mario Bros.)

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Back Air (Turtle Bridge)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Up Air (Spitball Sparky)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Down Air (Donkey Kong Jr.)

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Furret24

Smash Master
What do you think our best aerial is?

I think it's either Nair or Bair. Nair does 17% and can be comboed into with down throw. Bair is amazing offstage.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I also prefer Bair, I love using that move as edgeguard, or just simply give opponent damage.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
BAir is his best aerial hands-down for a multitude of reasons.

NAir has amazing damage and juggle potential. It's his bread and butter combo move, and it is a great anti-air. It can even gimp!

UAir is used for a ton of things such as maximizing damage in combod, providing a guaranteed KO move from a grab at the right percentages, and anti-edeguarding - it is a defining move in some matchups.

FAir is ok, and so is DAir. I wish they were better, but they aren't bad.

IMO BAir > NAir = UAir > FAir > DAir
I voted UAir to give it a nod.

CHair is really good too :^)

BrS_Wsbk7

Smash Rookie
NAir and BAir without a doubt. Nair is responsible for 60% of my damage output and is a great edge guard tool to throw out. BAir is even better offstage and is good to punish whifs and sometimes helps approach. The others are situational. UAir is probably third since its a great kill move. DAir is situational but can kill coming down on a low ceiling stage like Halberd. In my opinion FAir is the worst. I barely use it outside of off stage kill attempts near the blast zones and find myself getting punished for using it. BAir is better in most situations.

Last edited:

Denzill7

Smash Cadet
Bair is the most versatile, since it can be spaced on shield to be pretty safe and can be used for edge guarding. Bair at mid percents combos into itself, and bair bair up b can potentially kill someone off the sides if they DI inward.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I think about 40% of my air kills are bair off the side/edgaurding/semi spiking, then 30% are toot toot, then 20% fair off stage, then 5% downair spike and another 5% Nair off top so I guess bair is the best in terms of kills for air moves, if toot toot wasn't soo hard to land on half the cast it would be the best and GW would move wayy up on the tier list

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Back air is considerably overrated in this game. It's nair without a doubt.

Top Bottom