• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best 9 Moment?

Furret24

Smash Master
What's your personal favorite 9 moment you've had? Mine's a tie between two moments.

- I was once playing a For Fun match on Lylat Cruise. About 1:50 into the match, my 9 Hammer and another G&W's Oil Panic collided with each other on the ledge of the stage with a Mario and Pac-Man in-between the whole mess. It was glorious. There was a sudden death that followed with me against the other G&W. He run up to me as a Ianded a sweetspotted F-Smash on him. One of my best matches ever (too bad it was on version 1.0.4, so I don't have it anymore).

- Recently, I was doing some matches with my brother. I was Mr. Game and Watch and he was Lucas. It was a rather unremarkable match until the last 10 or so seconds. I jump at him with an Oil Panic, but he sadly rolled out of the way. In real life, my brother laughed at me when I missed. He then used PK Freeze to bait out a bucket and I punished him by running up to him and landing a 9. He was saltier than a salt factory after that.

The second one made it as a runner-up on Smash Limelight's Top 20 Game & Watch 9's video, you can see it at 1:54 (yes, I main a green Game and Watch).

Last edited:

PyroBandit

Smash Cadet
This clip right here (Although I wish my friend who edited this chose a less Meme-tastic thumbnail):

Easily the most satisfying JV3 Ive ever gotten lol.

Last edited:

GamefreakDX

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3067-6277-7612
My favourite moments with the Judgement 9 are both in 4-Players, For Glory. One was on the 3DS on an older version and no longer have that footage. The other was on the Wii U which I did end up recording, but I don't have the ability to upload it to begin with.
Both moments are around hitting all 3 other players with the 9 at once, though the Wii U match I had was funnier because I initially only hit one and the other two landed into the 9. One survived though because he didn't have enough damage on him.
Other favourite moments with the 9 was pretty much me in a dire situation and just went "Alright... Lets try this once", then I get the 9 and... win.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
My favorite 9 moment?
On FG I killed a campy villager twice in a row really quickly. The first kill was a dair spike offstage when he used an unwise Lloid.
The second was a edge cancelled jab to 9 ten seconds later lol.

Oh.
Also, I once finished off some SmashLadder fiendlies with a 0-9 string that had some nice reads.
That one in the video. The Number 1 spot :p

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
My favorite 9 moment?
On FG I killed a campy villager twice in a row really quickly. The first kill was a dair spike offstage when he used an unwise Lloid.
The second was a edge cancelled jab to 9 ten seconds later lol.

Oh.
Also, I once finished off some SmashLadder fiendlies with a 0-9 string that had some nice reads.
That one in the video. The Number 1 spot :p
Personally, I think this should've been the number 1 spot (they probably didn't know it existed though).

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
'"SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!!"

down throw, up tilt up tilt Nair up b fair 9! Game over haha

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
That video is insane. O.o Reminds me of a match I had against my cousin.

Out of 7 hammers I pulled, 5 of then were a 9. The first 4 were a 9.

I managed to wipe 2 stocks for that. And funnily, I got the last nine right when he lost and it was in the GAME text (the fun thing is I was taunting him "Here's another 9 for you" before he was KO'd and it actually happened xD)

Perhaps as the most stylish one. My brother and i were playing against CPUs. He tried to hit me with a nine, but I managed to shield it. He was pushed back and managed to hit the CPU backwards with the hammer. To bad I couldn't save the replay for some reason. He got like 4 hammers in the game.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I get a 9 KO as Mr. Game and Watch, and it isn't the last stock, I try to pull off what I call the 'quadruple bell taunt.' Get-up attack>up taunt>side taunt>side-b (9). It is a veritable salt mine.

Once, when I was doing it, my friend tried to rush at me before I finished and he took a 9 to the face. Then I ran after him and hit him with another one for the KO. This is after the first stock had ended with a d-throw>9. And then I rang the bell on the victory screen. Then he quit playing. Too many bells, I guess....

The next time we played, I killed his peach off the top with u-air windbox.

Mr. Game and Watch is so damn fun.

Last edited:

Denzill7

Smash Cadet
I've had so many... In dittos I've had a friend break my shield with a 9, jab me out of courtesy, and then immediately broke my shield again with a 9 afterwards. I've gotten a few cool strings. On a Ryu I've gotten a 0-death dash attack, bacon, he fell into an up smash, nair, 9. And I've gotten a fair, fair and 9 through a Fox that was side b-ing back on stage. I also have a tendency to call out my 9s and my brother gets so salty when he gets hit by one.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
My favorite 9 came from an online Tourney, so there is no footage of it, unfortunately...

Basically, I fought another G&W (we even started with the true taunt combo, up taunt to side taunt).

So, he actually had the stock lead until the last 15 seconds of the match. I got him and he proceeded to run away, trying to time me out. so, in a desperate attempt to win the match, I dashed through his literal meat-shield, grabbed him.

D-throw -> 9.

Won the match with 1 sec left on the clock

Furret24

Smash Master
My favorite 9 came from an online Tourney, so there is no footage of it, unfortunately...

Basically, I fought another G&W (we even started with the true taunt combo, up taunt to side taunt).

So, he actually had the stock lead until the last 15 seconds of the match. I got him and he proceeded to run away, trying to time me out. so, in a desperate attempt to win the match, I dashed through his literal meat-shield, grabbed him.

D-throw -> 9.

Won the match with 1 sec left on the clock
The other day, a Link on a tourney threw a boomerang and I landed a 9 on him as it pulled me towards him. I lost the match, but that was still pretty funny.

Last edited:

yo-yo_guy

Smash Rookie
One time on for glory I was playing against this fox player and we timed it out and went into sudden death.

He was just trying to wait long enough for the bomb-ombs to kill me and then I read his ledge-get up and decided to use judge and got a 9. OK. so 9 has a massive knockback anyways, but at 300% it was so funny seeing Fox's shocked face before flying off at the speed of light, and after the game he and I were laughing so hard. After something like that there's no way you can be mad!

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
I was on 4 player for glory. In the first 5 seconds, I land a 9 on all 3 opponents, KOing two of them...

DoleNath

Smash Rookie
My favorite moment was at a local. In like round 3 losers so the guy was pretty salty when he left afterwards. Was a Little Mac that I played Mario against game 1 and double caped him. Then played the man himself game 2. We were both on 1 stock him on about 80% me on around 25%. He got his KO punch in a ftilt that knocked me off the stage. So of course he is sitting just back from the ledge waiting to KO punch. I up b just above the ledge and go for the yolo 9. He then got real salty and told me about how bull**** a move it is and that it is a gimmick. (lol little mac main)

verbatim

Smash Ace
I play 4 person ffa with a bunch of friends of varying levels of skill, myself being the only one that competes in tournaments. One of my friends didn't grow up playing Smash, so he became G&W and became very VERY good at getting Judgements. He can't do dthrow-Judgment but it doesn't matter because he's so good at getting it. Favorite moments include him killing his roommate at match start to a prompt "I DIDN'T EVEN SEE WHERE I WAS", double kill with one 9 because I dash attacked into the guy in the middle and extended the hitbox,and getting 4 9 kills in a 3 stock G&W free for all where I was actively going for dthrow setups (I got one).

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Everytime it misses.

Because a 1-hit-KO that can only be achieved by luck is bull****.
At least Bucket takes good timing (Minus the true combo. That's worse than Little Mac's down tilt > KO Punch).

Who said only the users of Judge can enjoy it?

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Everytime it misses.

Because a 1-hit-KO that can only be achieved by luck is bull****.
At least Bucket takes good timing (Minus the true combo. That's worse than Little Mac's down tilt > KO Punch).

Who said only the users of Judge can enjoy it?
Technically, it isn't a 1-Hit-kill.

Please look at this.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Technically, it isn't a 1-Hit-kill.

Please look at this.
It's about as strong as Reverse Warlock Punch.
Happy now?

Judge would be some much better and fairer if 6 was the only available number.

Last edited:

Folie

Smash Apprentice
don't bother fighting with him on this, he needed to make a thread to figure out how not to get hit by judgement out of dthrow.

if you're getting hit by judge frequently, you're either really easy to read or you don't know how to DI/shield/jump out of a throw or something. it's pretty fair, even bad for g&w considering how bad the majority of the numbers are and how you're either taking a big risk or dropping potential to stack on % to use it. like seriously, if smash 4 judgement makes you salty, you must HATE PM judgement

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
if you're getting hit by judge frequently, you're either really easy to read or you don't know how to DI/shield/jump out of a throw or something.
There's no need to be so rude about this, I was just expressing my distaste for Judge.

1. I don't get hit by judge very often.
Judge is practically useless for the most part.
2. I actually like Pm judge because most of the numbers are actually good for something (2 immediately comes to mind), meaning there's a use for it outside of a lucky shot. If only Smash 4 Judge was like PM's.
3. I do love it when 9 misses though. It feels like dodging a bullet.
4. Bucket gets annoying when your stupid partner keeps giving a mediocre G&W free projectiles.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I have a replay that I like to call "Mr. Fair & Balanced" where I literally just grabbed, up throw, 9, game over in less than 10 seconds (1 stock match).

steuben

Smash Cadet
NNID
steuben
Switch FC
SW-3172-1265-3244
i'd actually be interested to see that. up throw to judge seems very difficult to land since there would be so much time for your opponent to react. also, were you right on the edge or something? or playing against jigglypuff? i thought you need at least like 20% on someone before 9 KOs.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I can tell you my favorite 1 moment. It was back during the customs frenzy and I was preferred the hammer that only gave 1's or 9's. I was fighting my friend's Peach and I went for an offstage 9 at the end but only got a 1 but it had enough hitstun that I could try again so I just kept getting 1's on him all the way down then I footstooled back. It was similar to Little Mac's offstage Nair>Nair>Nair locks, it was hilarious.

Mariofan13

Smash Cadet
  • I was playing an offline 4-player FFA as Ike. One of the opponents was GaW and got a 9 which I countered, my counter slash hit all three opponents and KOed them :D
  • In a doubles match, I killed both oppoents with one 9 hammer due to the extended hitbox.

GamemasterTom

Smash Rookie
NNID
GM-Tom

Go to 5:03, the best part was that it was completely accidental, i wanted to Up-B but i messed up

Top Bottom