• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bella Goth for Smash DLC!

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Bella Goth For Smash!
Bella.png

But who is Bella Goth?
Bella Goth (née Bachelor) is a pre-made, playable Sim that first appeared in The Sims, alongside her husband, Mortimer, and her daughter, Cassandra. Her family, alongside with the Landgraabs, are the only ones to be featured in every single mainline The Sims games. She is an elegant, yet athletic, woman who seems to enjoy playing golf. Her activities when played will either be painting or playing the piano, which gives credibility to the theory that she may also be a very creative and talented person. She also has quite a high interest in the paranormal. By the time the storyline has caught up to The Sims 2, Bella has had another child, Alexander Goth, and has disappeared via alien abduction, making her also one of the most mysterious Sims of the franchise.
The Sims is one of the biggest franchises from the beginning of the century to not have joined Smash already. You might think that a Sim, for being from a simulation game, does not have any moveset potential, but remember it didn't stop Sakurai before, with characters like Villager, Isabelle, Mr. Game and Watch and Wii Fit Trainer. So...
How would she fight?
Here is a movest idea on how she could fight. Just like Villager that uses the collectibles from Animal Crossing, Bella could use the iconic items and tools from the sims franchise. And since The Sims is about simulating life, and fulfilling your sims' needs, she could also have a unique gimmick involving whims and emotions. Let's take a look:
Gimmick: Whims and Emotions:
DamageMeterSSBU.png

Whims and Emotions are a huge feature in The Sims gameplay. A Whim a desire the sim has, and in smash, it would work just like this, but instead of talking to Mortimer or buying a new TV, her whims would be things like hitting three consecutive hits, or performing a side tilt or smash attack. Bella could have a mood meter that increasingly fills up every time a whim is satisfied. The most satisfied Bella gets, the stronger her attacks are.
Normal Moves:
Normal.png

The Sims is all about social interactions, and most of her normal moves would reflect that. There would be items here and there too. Additionally, everytime she performs a move a discrete dialogue box with the name of the social interaction would show up at her side.
  • Fsmash is The Cowplant. Bella unpockets a vase that has a cowplant that bites the opponent launching them far.
  • Usmash a triple knife swing with the knife from Jungle adventure. When performing this move she wears an explorer hat.
  • Dsmash is "Mop", she cleans both sides with a mop and is useful for two-frame.
  • Fair is a hit with a pan filled with "Mac and Cheese". Dair is "Extinguish self", Bella aims a fire extinguisher downwards, propelling her slightly upwards and spiking the target, Bair is the same but she aims backwards and it launches horizontally. It grants her forward momentum and helps t recover, like Corrin's Bair. Uair is an upward swing with a spade and Nair is a spinning dance move.
  • Jab is "Petty Jab", Ftilt is "Throw Drink", Utilt is an upward swing with a rake, and Dtilt is "Scare", it trips scared opponents and deals damage on the fall. Dash attack is "Push".
  • Her grab would be a handshake. The Grab interactions are mostly related to the Mischief ability. The pummel would be the interaction "Trick with Handbuzzer". Fthrow and Bthrow are both "Slap'em Silly ", but in different positions, and is used of course for positioning, Uthrow is a kill throw called "Air Horn", in which she blows and air horn and the foe "jumps" upward, scared. The Dthrow is the "Fight" interaction, that both characters are engulfed in a dust cloud and the foe is thrown upward for followups.
Special Moves:
Special.png

The Sims is full of iconic features, and those are used in her special moves
  • Neutral Special: SimRay: The SimRay is an iconic item from the science career in the Get to Work expansion in the Sims 4. It has a lot of functionalities, including a freeze ray, that is used in this move. It basically acts like the Ice Climbers' blizzard.
  • Side Special: Tragic Clown: It is a counter. Bella protects herself with a Tragic Clown portrait. If she is hit during the animation, the Tragic Clown appears and attacks the opponent.
  • Up Special: Ghost: The ghost of Olive Specter appears and carries Bella upwards. She can even go through under the stage. If used on land it acts like a command grab, in which Olive possesses the target and slams its body into the ground behind Bella.
  • Down Special: Kick the Gnome: Bella places a harvest fest gnome in the ground and kick it, if the kick also hits the target, they are launched horizontally, and other angry gnomes appear around the place the foe landed, blocking and limiting some get up options. If it does not hit, the gnomes will appear randomly in the stage.
  • Final Smash: Remove Pool Ladder: The Build pool tool from build mode appears and draws a squared pool beneath anyone just in front of her, making everyone affected to fall into it. Then a cinematic starts to play, with Bella removing the ladder, the foe(s) downing and the Grim Reaper appearing to hit the final blow with his scythe. It instantly KO's foes above 110%.
Other Features:
  • In her entrance, she would be tossed from an alien spaceship
  • Bella would always have a Plumbob floating above her head. When above the 60% mark, the Plumbob would turn from Green to Yellow and when above 120% it would turn from Yellow to Red.
  • Up Taunt: Bella waves hi and says "dag dag". Down Taunt: Bella takes a selfie. Side Taunt: Bella turns around and shows her clothes like every sim does in CAS.
  • There are a lot of possibilities when it comes to costumes. She could wear her Sims 4 everyday outfit as default and have the others like sleep, athletic, swimsuit, and formal as the costumes. Alternatively, like Hero, she could have one extra costume and change to other iconic sims from the franchise, like Mortimer and Cassandra Goth, and Don Lothario or Nancy Landgraab or the two Caliente Sisters. A third option would be having all costumes slots to be different characters like Bowser Jr, those could be Mortimer and Cassandra Goth, Don Lothario, Nancy Landgraab, the two Caliente Sisters and Pollination Technician #9 Smith.
everyone.png

Do you want Bella Goth in Smash? Show your support here!

Last edited:

cj.

Smash Journeyman
I definitely support Bella, I think she would be a funny character

KatKit

Smash Lord
Thanks, I love everything about this!

Despite The Sims being one of the best selling series of all time, this would still probably surprise a lot of people. I've mentioned a Sims rep a couple of times on here (usually when discussing demographics because a lot of women play it), but it never really gained traction. Earlier today, I saw someone mention Bella Goth, and I was like "Nice... I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd be down for this" and carried on. Then you came along and made a support thread, you magnificent son of a gun! I I'll try to post my moveset concept some time.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Thanks, I love everything about this!

Despite The Sims being one of the best selling series of all time, this would still probably surprise a lot of people. I've mentioned a Sims rep a couple of times on here (usually when discussing demographics because a lot of women play it), but it never really gained traction. Earlier today, I saw someone mention Bella Goth, and I was like "Nice... I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd be down for this" and carried on. Then you came along and made a support thread, you magnificent son of a gun! I I'll try to post my moveset concept some time.
Thanks, I would love to see your moveset, bring it in!
I think people usually don't think about The Sims because it is usually considered a casual game, which is a silly reason, look at Wii Fit Trainer. I think there are a lot of prejudice in the community against casual gamers, and I cannot see why. I am usually a hardcore gamer and I play The Sims all the time lol. I think it is a false dichotomy.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I made an old, unfinished concept for Betty/Bob Newbie, but I can finish it off and tweak it for Bella. I'll try not to disappoint; I went all in the last time I attempted it for a different character (2B from Nier Automata). And I've made some for characters from non-combatant games like Style Savvy.

Probably what draws me to Sims most (aside from the 'virtual dollhouse' aspects) is the unbelievable amount of replay value.

I think the general reaction to a Sims rep in the Smash fandom would be positive because of how unorthodox/creative it'd be.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I made an old, unfinished concept for Betty/Bob Newbie, but I can finish it off and tweak it for Bella. I'll try not to disappoint; I went all in the last time I attempted it for a different character (2B from Nier Automata). And I've made some for characters from non-combatant games like Style Savvy.

Probably what draws me to Sims most (aside from the 'virtual dollhouse' aspects) is the unbelievable amount of replay value.

I think the general reaction to a Sims rep in the Smash fandom would be positive because of how unorthodox/creative it'd be.
I completely agree with the replay value. I can make totally different stories every time I play. And yes, the reception would be positive I think, but mostly like the Wii Fit Trainer reception, like, "they went too far, but I like it".

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Bella Goth is a real left out of field character & i haven`t really given that much thought about a Sims rep in Smash until i saw this support thread. She could be really fun to play as.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I can't say I support this idea, but I do have to give you props. You did a really good and interesting write up.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
on the off chance Vergeben's recent kill list is legit, EA wasn't deconfirmed on it

what if

we get Bella Goth or a Sims rep?? :O

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I would lmao if this happened.

I played The Sims all through high school, and Bella was always one of my favorites.

Bella FTW!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally if we did get Bella Goth I think I'd like her to be a combination of her Sims 1 and Sims 2 incarnations.

(although that only really excludes Sims 4 Bella Goth since Sims 3 Bella Goth is a child)

Also I think her Final Smash could be related to aliens because of the whole plotline about her being abducted by aliens in Sims 2.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
on the off chance Vergeben's recent kill list is legit, EA wasn't deconfirmed on it

what if

we get Bella Goth or a Sims rep?? :O
Oh I didn't see this. Can you show me?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind I found it. I think sice we won't have all those characters probably an Capcom, Square (like Lara Croft), EA or League of Legends character are the most likely.

Last edited:

Carlos Antonio

Smash Rookie
Her stage should be the Buy & build mode of the sims depicting a random house that changes and appears items related to the sims placed by a pointer ( like you do in the game when building a house and buying the mobiliary) players can interact with the items , if for example the pointer places a a fridge you can grab it and you can throw it like a barrel or a box and it should contain food for recovery. for its songs here are a selection ithat should be in there:
The Sims 1 Theme Song - YouTube
The Sims Soundtrack: Building Mode 3 - YouTube
The Sims Soundtrack: Neighborhood 3 - YouTube
The Sims Soundtrack: Neighborhood 4 - YouTube
The Sims Soundtrack: Neighborhood 5 - YouTube
The Sims™ 2 Soundtrack: Main Theme - YouTube
The Sims 2 Nightlife (P.C.) - Audio: Start Up - Loading Sequence, Title Screen, Main Menu - YouTube
The Sims™ 2 Soundtrack: Sim Time Sim Place - YouTube
The Sims™ 2 Soundtrack: Sim The Builder - YouTube
The Sims™ 2 Nightlife: Junkie XL - Neighborhood Theme - YouTube
The Sims 3 - Main Theme (OST) - YouTube
Verisimilitude - YouTube
Steve Jablonsky - Looking Again - Soundtrack The Sims 3 World Adventures - YouTube
Steve Jablonsky - Grandma Wants A Brand New Simoleon - Soundtrack The Sims 3 Generations - YouTube
The Sims 4 Soundtrack - Main Theme - YouTube
The Sims 4 Build & Buy Mode 9 (Soundtrack) (Get To Work) - YouTube
The Sims 4 Music - Sul Sul (Full) - YouTube
The Sims 4 Snowy Escape - CAS & Build Full 1 - YouTube

For her spirit battles here is a possible list:
1 bad neighbors: ( battle against a team of Bella Goth with different skins)
2 MySims : (Battle vs a team of Mii)
3 Kids: ( fight vs a Team of Villagers)
4 pets: (battle a mixed team of Incineroars and Duck Hunt)
5 Burglar (battle against a boosted Sheik)
6 Tragic Clown ( fight vs a boosted Dee dee dee)
7 Servos ( battle againts a team of R.O.B.)
8 Laganaphyllis simnivora ( Battle vs Pirahna plant)
9 Aliens ( battle vs Olimar, Star fox charachters and Metroid Charachters)
10 Vampire sims ( battle vs castlevania charachters)

Other fun stuff for this character:
1 When she returns from death, she should look like a Ghost from the Sims until her invulnerability ends.
2 the secret guidance conversation between Palutena and Pit should adress that they are civilians that live in a suburban town called Willow Creek which is near Sim City in a very nice house and Pit should ask to palutena what language does Bella Goth speaks since it sounds weird to them and probably pit should also ask to palutena why does she have a gem over her head.
3 when kirby absorbs any of the sims charachters he should get the hairstyle of the sim he ate with a plumbob on top.
4 if she shrinks with a mushroom she should look like her kid version in the sims 3.
5 Victory animation music should be the one that sound when a sim acomplishes a lifetime wish, or otherwise this track: Victory! The Sims - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - YouTube
6 Her three victory animations: 1 she aging up to elder 2 She graduating from university, 3 She getting out from her house with a newborn baby in her arms.

Last edited:

Carlos Antonio

Smash Rookie
Personally if we did get Bella Goth I think I'd like her to be a combination of her Sims 1 and Sims 2 incarnations.

(although that only really excludes Sims 4 Bella Goth since Sims 3 Bella Goth is a child)

Also I think her Final Smash could be related to aliens because of the whole plotline about her being abducted by aliens in Sims 2.
I thinks her final smash should still be something related to the Grim Reaper since the Grim reaper is kind of character in all sims games and not just one. ( in some of them you can even befriend the grimm reaper)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hi Carlos Antonio Carlos Antonio welcome to Smashboards!

as a protip, try not to double post. Use the edit button instead, and wait for someone else to post. :)

TheSmashShane2021

Smash Rookie
While I think the idea's great, I'm just sad the Mysims aren't getting a lot of representation. But, considering the status of both titles, the Sims would be considered iconic on it's own merit.

I do have some questions for Bella's final smash, but everything else looks great!

Top Bottom