• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being Swift Like the Wind...

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
Sonic is swift. Damn swift. His attacks flow seamlessly and his mobility lets him pursue and pressure his opponent at a crazy level. But Sonic is also cool and chill, kicking it with a chili-dog on a day off...

So sometimes the wind is a constant typhoon, sometimes it comes in periodic, strategic gusts. So as fast as you are, don't forget to slow down a little. Sonic can be played defensively as well as offensively... I see a lot of Sonic players who just keep pushing pushing pushing non-stop, so this is sort of a Public Service Announcement. Have a chili-dog.

Aside from that, I recently decided to switch to Sonic as my main, upgrading him from a secondary over Rosalina. And I'm quite pleased with it. Why would I switch from Rosalina to Sonic? Rosalina, a character that has been giving others across the roster such huge trouble? I'm not sure how to explain it, but Sonic's potential feels more massive. His basics/core build is strong; meaning fundamentals can be leveraged to a greater extent than in other characters who may rely more on advanced techniques or gimmicks. And Rosalina is nothing if not gimmicky. Sonic makes me feel like I earned my victory; whereas every victory I earned with Rosalina felt hollow. Also, I feel like I click more with Sonic's playstyle, the way he moves, and not to mention, he's been my favorite video game character since I was old enough to have memories.

So why for you? Why do you play Sonic? What draws you to him?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The only reason I play as Sonic is my love for the character. Sonic is not only my favorite video game franchise and character of all-time, but he's my favorite character in media as a whole. When Sonic was announced for Brawl, saying I was happy would be the understatement of the century. The fact that he has a fun moveset is the icing on the cake (or the cheese on the chilli-dog). I love Sonic, so I love playing as him.

Top Bottom