• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being Master Hand without cheats?

Cheezball

Smash Ace
A like 5 years ago my brother was playing the regular smash brothers (I posted this here because there isn't an original smash brothers forum) and he was playing as Kirby. He got to master hand, and by accident, he jumped in master hand's glove. Then, the battle ended with the screen going white then going back to the start menu. He went to play again, then when he started, he was Master hand! No, not on metal Mario level, but on the first level, battling Link. Then, when he stopped playing, I wanted to try it, I played as Kirby and tried to go in Master Hand. It didn't work! Does anyone know how to make it work? My brother doesn't know because it was accidental. By the way hi. :grin:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I guess this got moved down from the SSBM forums.
Anyways, your brother was either using cheats or...you were hallucinating.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
No, we didn't have cheats, he wasn't hallucinating, he was really using Master hands moves. I am serious. I watched him play.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
My brother jumped into the back of the glove where the arm is supposed to be and he was able to be master hand for 1 game. Maybe, just maybe he could have done the "30 analog stick spin in character select " thing, and might of destroyed him, but, I am not lying about him playing as Master Hand. But I don't think my eyes would lie, especially on a big TV. :ohwell:

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
My brother jumped into the back of the glove where the arm is supposed to be and he was able to be master hand for 1 game. Maybe, just maybe he could have done the "30 analog stick spin in character select " thing, and might of destroyed him, but, I am not lying about him playing as Master Hand. But I don't think my eyes would lie, especially on a big TV. :ohwell:
Time decieves you.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Sounds wiggity whack. But, then again, I never had a chance to go behind master hand before, so it could happen.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you prove that they're lies?

You can't dismiss it unless you can prove it.

What I'd like to know is: How did he chose it next time he played?

_kSo_

Smash Master
sounds sketchy...seeing as the game's been out for so long, the smash community has pretty much discovered every glitch and sudden nuance in the game, so I have no idea how this is possible

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This is Smash Boards... No one believes anything
It was probably a glitch and a cool glitch at that.
LOL @ "No one believes anything". Where are those two screenshots you promised us? We knew you would be unable to produce evidence to support your claims.

As for this weird glitch of becoming Master Hand, if it really did happen, tell us Master Hand's controls. How do you select Master Hand? Is he on the character select screen?

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ "No one believes anything". Where are those two screenshots you promised us? We knew you would be unable to produce evidence to support your claims.

As for this weird glitch of becoming Master Hand, if it really did happen, tell us Master Hand's controls. How do you select Master Hand? Is he on the character select screen?

I believe we've established how little recollection he has of how it happened. Maybe his brother just tricked him. I can see someone who posts a thread like this falling for a practical joke like that.

*Pika edgegrabs out of view
"BRUDDA, I'M MASTER HAND!!!!"

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
Dude. My thread got closed.

I'm still waiting to get them. Even if I did get them, you all would claim I altered it and flame me all day long. If I get them, I will personally PM you a link to YouTube where I will post the screenshots. But then again, no one really paid attention to what I was saying.

Anyway, I think that Master Hand glitch is possible. No game is perfectly protected from all glitches. If you can do it again, tell me. I'll try it with Smash 64. And Buzz, if you want the controls for MH, get Action Replay and you tell him. If it was 5 years ago and he didn't play as him, he wouldn't know, his brother would.

Cheezball

Smash Ace

He isn't on the character select screen, he just clicked on his character and when he played it started and it showed master hand then the vs. sign and then link. I don't remember the controls, but I think something down was to do the drill thing with the hands. Its been 5 years, so I can't remember. Also, after I turned off the console, and played it the next day, I only could be Mario! I couldn't choose anyone else. It still does it to this day with the Mario thing. Also, my brother didn't trick me, he was master hand on all of the levels.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
It would probably be cool to be master hand, but man, such a negative vibe from everyone else, you think they're would be a little more camaraderie for someone who was just asking a simple question.

almost get kind of an elitist vibe if you ask me, but whatever...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Why does no one provide proof of their findings? Contrary to popular belief, I am genuinely interested in the discoveries of members on this board. I click on these threads to see what all the bustle is about! I honestly seek to be impressed! However, without fail, the thread creators (this thread included) are members who joined in the last 3 months, have under 100 posts, and never ever post proof. What's the problem? Do you not have a screen capture device? Fine! Pull out a digital camera, and take a picture of the screen! Use a camcorder if a digital camera is unavailable. USE SOMETHING! I grow tired of these threads that claim amazing things happened but never show any evidence. I simply see words saying, "ZOMG, look @ wut I foundz0rz!"

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Why does no one provide proof of their findings?"
I was pretty much asking if any one knew how to do it, or that was what I was trying to imply. I didn't "find" it because I don't exactly know how to do it. I said my brother did it, 5 years ago, you think I would remember or have any proof? I was only 8! :mad: Nah I am just kidding, I am not angry.

*Raises flame shield*

Bring it on!!!

_kSo_

Smash Master
"ZOMG, look @ wut I foundz0rz!"

LOL QFT

yayuhhhzzz!!

but for serious people need to start posting pics/vids. it's not that hard. it really pisses off the community when people post random shizzats without any proof

Cheezball

Smash Ace

LOL QFT

yayuhhhzzz!!

but for serious people need to start posting pics/vids. it's not that hard. it really pisses off the community when people post random shizzats without any proof
Read my post. I don't have proof. You think that I would have proof??? It was 5 years ago. I didn't have a camera. I didn't have any recorder, I was 8. Hear me, an 8 year old with a digital video recorder? Not likely. An 8 year old with a camera? Not likely either. You expect me to have proof from five years ago when I was 8. Ya. thats not going to happen. But I will tell you guys if it happens again. (It probably won't because my SSB64 is screwed up because it always picks Mario instead of the character I want to be) If you weren't directing it towards me, sorry, getting a little crazy. :psycho:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Read my post. I don't have proof. You think that I would have proof??? It was 5 years ago. I didn't have a camera. I didn't have any recorder, I was 8. Hear me, an 8 year old with a digital video recorder? Not likely. An 8 year old with a camera? Not likely either. You expect me to have proof from five years ago when I was 8. Ya. thats not going to happen. But I will tell you guys if it happens again. (It probably won't because my SSB64 is screwed up because it always picks Mario instead of the character I want to be) If you weren't directing it towards me, sorry, getting a little crazy. :psycho:
Sorry, I don't mean to make this a personal attack you. I am just ranting in general. You are more the straw that broke the camel's back, and I apologize that you caught my outburst at this time. It really annoys me, though, how everyone claims to have amazing finds without any evidence.

_kSo_

Smash Master
BUZZ we should be the Post Police.

we'll go around looking for dumb posts and go yell at people for doing so.

and this is awesome:p i love it

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
BUZZ we should be the Post Police.

we'll go around looking for dumb posts and go yell at people for doing so.

and this is awesome:p i love it

I stole that picture from another person's sig. :chuckle:

As for being the Post Police, you are welcome to join. MookieRah and I have been striking threads with huge logic holes.

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
I have an idea! Show proof that you can only get Mario! That will qwell alot of flames. Oh, and Buzz. I asked my friend to give me the screenshots. When he gets back from LA, He will give them to me (if he remembers) and I will PM you the link to the Youtube video ok? I am sorry I don't have evidence. It's no my game, it's his. If you go to Smash Champ, he'll take it for all you nonbelievers to see! Muahahahahahaa!

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You + 8 yr's old = No brain

It didn't happen. Get over it. I'm surprised meowkitty hasn't closed this...Just gtfo k?

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
You people are cold! Geez! It might have actually happened, but you guys are so stone-hearted!!! Calm down! Its ok. Its not like the world is gonna end if you don't agree. Just ignore that kind of post, don't humiliate the guy. FOR ALL NON-BELIEVERS, IGNORE THE POST AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES!!!

Shade 64-luigi-

Smash Apprentice
i could have happened, it could be a random glitch, he could have bought a falty game, or the manufactour that made the game, screwed up on that one copy

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He said himself that it always selects Mario, which means a GameShark code was used on it a LONG time ago. I'm guessing that his brother erased the game, played as Kirby, then a classic GameShark glitch happened(presuming he used the "Play as Master Hand" code beforehand), where sometimes old codes actually temporarily "stick" to the game.

If I play Ocarina of Time, then beat it with a code on, then after all that, erase that file, and basically start a new game, sometimes those codes will affect that specific file. That simply could've happened.

Or maybe he was dreaming, or maybe he didn't remember that there was a GameShark in. Who knows?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
You people are cold! Geez! It might have actually happened, but you guys are so stone-hearted!!! Calm down! Its ok. Its not like the world is gonna end if you don't agree. Just ignore that kind of post, don't humiliate the guy. FOR ALL NON-BELIEVERS, IGNORE THE POST AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIVES!!!
You 2...Gtfo...-_-

Top Bottom